What age can you get your drivers license?

AbErGrl217

<font color=FF0099>Dizneyholic!!<br><font color=bl
I was reading the other thread about not being able to get a drivers license till really late so it inspired this thread. At what age is everyone here able to get their license. In NY I can get my permit at 16..which is in Feb. But I cant drive by myself until 17.

well, here in Texas-you can get your permit at 15...and you can get your license at 16 but you gotta have your permit 6 months before you can get your license. and then you have to wait 6 months until you are legally allowed to have more than one person in your car(excluding family members)

i think NJ is, that you get your permit at 16. Then get your license at 17 but your only allowed to drive with one other person except if you are with family and you can only drive during the day. Then at 18 you can do whatever.

Here in the Uk, we can get our provisional licence at 16 but we cant start practising our driving until we are seventeen. Then if you pass at 17, you are able to start driving properly.

Dont know if that makes sense.....lol

Its stupid having different rules for driving......it should be the same everywhere:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Here in West Virginia, you can get your learners permit at 15 and your license at 16, but before you get your license, you must have 30 hours of driving with your permit.

in NYC, you can get your learners permit at 16. if you take drivers ed through a school, you can get your D-class license at 17. if you dont take drivers ed thru school, you gotta wait till youre 18.

Well In Michigan, you take Segment 1 when you are 14 and 9 months or older. At the end, you get your Level 1 Licence. Its just like a permit, you can only drive with a licensed driver.

After you've completed 30 logged hours of driving, you take Segment 2. Also It has to be at least 90 days after you received your Level 1 License.

Then finish 20 more hours of driving before you can take your Road Test. You also must be at least 16, and have at least 180 days passed since receiving your Level 1 license. Once you pass the Road Test, you get your Level 2 Liscence. With It you can drive by yourself anytime but between the hours of 12-5 in the morning.

Then when you turn 17 and have had your level 2 license for at least 6 months, you can drive whenever you want by yourself.

***********I am 15, and have only my Level 1 License, so I need 30 hours logged before I can take Segment 2. I think I only have like 3 hours!!!! :rolleyes:

In California you can get your permit at 15, then you need 6 hours of behind the wheel classes with someone from drivers ed. You also need like 30-50 hours during the day, and 10 hours of driving at night. Then you can get your lisence at 16.. but there are still more rules you need to follow.
During the first six months you are licensed to drive you must be accompanied by a driver 25 years of age or older if you drive between the hours of 12 midnight and 5 a.m. or if you have passengers under the age of 20 in the car at any time.
During the second six months, you must still be accompanied by a driver 25 years of age or older if you drive between the hours of 12 midnight and 5 a.m. You may have passengers under the age of 20 in the car without supervision between the hours of 5 a.m. and midnight.

well in pa you get your permitt at 16 then 6months later if you pass your dirvers lesson you can get you dirvers licence

In NJ, u can start doing ur 6 hr behind the wheel training b4 u get ur permit at 16, then u get the permit whenever u finish the 6 hrs. then at 17 u get the 'cinderella' restricted license ( only one other teen in ur car, not counting sibs... cant drive after midnight..etc) then finally at 18 u get the full blown license

in ny you can get ur permit at 16, but you need have a certain amount of hours of practicing i think. then they just passed a new law so i think you have to wait 6 months after getting your permit before getting oyur license. they really should have one rule about it..its so confusing how its different in every state!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter