What about a trip to DisneyLand?(Bringing out our Inner Child °O° December 3-7 '09)

In the parks the only place you need an ADR is BB, for Cafe Orleans I always have been able to make day of reservations. Oh and maybe Ariels Grotto if you want to do a princess meal.

In the hotels, Storytellers has a killer breakfast with chip and dale. Goofy's kitchen is popular they do charactor breakfast and dinner. Steak House 55 is expensive, but top notch.

Honestly my new favorite resturant down there is rainforest cafe in DTD

jumping in...my dd and i always go to Goofy's Kitchen and Ariel's Kitchen as well as BB. I recommend ADR's for all 3. Whenever we have gone there are always a bunch of people trying to get in without an ADR and I have seen many people turned away. I don't really recommend Ariel's Kitchen unless you have kids or really want to see the princesses. It is not cheap and the food is ok, nothing great. We only do it so we don't have to wait in line to see the princesses :).

But you are right you don't have to do the 180 day scramble.

jumping in...my dd and i always go to Goofy's Kitchen and Ariel's Kitchen as well as BB. I recommend ADR's for all 3. Whenever we have gone there are always a bunch of people trying to get in without an ADR and I have seen many people turned away. I don't really recommend Ariel's Kitchen unless you have kids or really want to see the princesses. It is not cheap and the food is ok, nothing great. We only do it so we don't have to wait in line to see the princesses :).

But you are right you don't have to do the 180 day scramble.

Wow, I went in October of 2000 and walked right into BB on two consecutive days and was seated immediately. Either I went at a slow time, or things have changed alot since then. But I must say, that place has the best food and I still dream about it. In fact, I think I still have some of the chocolate coins left (though I wouldn't dare eat them at this point).

:hourglass Last day as a non-retired person, 23 October 2009.:yay: Thinking of double dipping, visiting DLR 24-31 October and 5-11 December. Will have to check into whether an AP might be worth buying as a retirement gift to myself. Maybe drop some hints at the office.:rolleyes1 Not familiar with the DLR AP. Any special bennies worth noting?:scratchin

:hourglass Last day as a non-retired person, 23 October 2009.:yay: Thinking of double dipping, visiting DLR 24-31 October and 5-11 December. Will have to check into whether an AP might be worth buying as a retirement gift to myself. Maybe drop some hints at the office.:rolleyes1 Not familiar with the DLR AP. Any special bennies worth noting?:scratchin

That sounds like a question for Master Mason LOL

Bumpy Bump....don't want this thread get lost... :goodvibes

Who's still planning to make a trip to DL in December :thumbsup2

OT - But just had to share, I submitted my retirement papers last week. Looking forward to celebrating come October when it really happens.:cool1:

We will be glad to help you celebrate your 2nd month of freedom!

OT - But just had to share, I submitted my retirement papers last week. Looking forward to celebrating come October when it really happens.:cool1:

Hooray! One more step closer to retirement, Bill. You are the envy of the rest of us. Looking forward to celebrating with you in October!

Depends. . .own both. . .no real special bennies as to the CA annual pass other than not having to pay for park tix for multiple visits in a year and sometime getting an AP rate at the "on property" hotels. . .As for WDW ap, the hotel rates are the lowest for ap'rs. . .only drawback is having to wait till 6 to 8 weeks before to book. . .

Depends. . .own both. . .no real special bennies as to the CA annual pass other than not having to pay for park tix for multiple visits in a year and sometime getting an AP rate at the "on property" hotels. . .As for WDW ap, the hotel rates are the lowest for ap'rs. . .only drawback is having to wait till 6 to 8 weeks before to book. . .
Appreciate the info. Will need to calculate what I might spend on DLR admissions over the 12-month period and see if an AP will be worth it. Got an AP for WDW some years ago, because I made two multi-week visits during that 12-month period, which made the AP a lot cheaper than package deal admissions.

Hooray! One more step closer to retirement, Bill. You are the envy of the rest of us. Looking forward to celebrating with you in October!
Thanks. Hard to believe so many years have gone by. Anyway, my December DLR visit is definite. October is still more of a consideration at this time. I'm toying with the idea of heading way south of the border to visit longtime friends in Brazil for some weeks at that time.:beach:

That is the perfect time of year to visit DL or DW...its right after the Thanksgiving holiday and the crowds are thin. I went last Dec during the first week of Dec and it was awesome.
I was planning on going again first week of Dec again anyway. I love the holidays at Disney. :santa:

I thought with the overlays for the HM and IASW would be neat. Glad to know it can be a slower time.

Appreciate the info. Will need to calculate what I might spend on DLR admissions over the 12-month period and see if an AP will be worth it. Got an AP for WDW some years ago, because I made two multi-week visits during that 12-month period, which made the AP a lot cheaper than package deal admissions.

Thanks. Hard to believe so many years have gone by. Anyway, my December DLR visit is definite. October is still more of a consideration at this time. I'm toying with the idea of heading way south of the border to visit longtime friends in Brazil for some weeks at that time.:beach:

Bill, the sad thing is that I usually buy the premium passport for DLR cause I TRULY make that many trips there a year. . .Look, you live far enough away that you usually do at least 2 days. . .if you get the so cal 2 day pass its still more than 100. Three trips a year PAYS for premium and premium includes parking. . .lol.

Jen and I are on the phone... who all is interested in this trip??? We really would like to know. No pressure, just curiosity. May go out on Thursday to Sunday maybe Monday? So the dates are a little flexible. With the ecomony and all, there may be some changes.

: Will have to check into whether an AP might be worth buying as a retirement gift to myself. Maybe drop some hints at the office.:rolleyes1 Not familiar with the DLR AP. Any special bennies worth noting?:scratchin

Just saw this.

For a clovis resident, there are 3 types of AP's you could get, the first two have black out dates, the premium is good every day. As for bennies, it depends on what pass you get, they have discounts associated with them, for food, beverage and merchandise. On the Premium you get free parking which is 11 bucks a day now, I think you can add it to the lower passes. They have some AP rates on the hotels, but you can usually get better prices at the offsites than even the ap rates at the disney hotels.

To me the biggest benifit, is I don't worry about the ticket costs when thinking about going, so it is easy to just hope in the car for an overnight trip.

I might be interested in this. I've been wanting to go to DL during the holidays for several years, but Mousefest has always interfered. There's no interference this year. :)

Jen and I are on the phone... who all is interested in this trip??? We really would like to know. No pressure, just curiosity. May go out on Thursday to Sunday maybe Monday? So the dates are a little flexible. With the ecomony and all, there may be some changes.

I'm still interested :goodvibes

Of course you know if you all make the trip out here to DL I would love to meet up with you all for a day or two!! If you need help on planning let me know and I can do any research (good excuse to have to go to DL!) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter