• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What’s your favorite British slang word?

I like the word "bonkers." Some people are just bonkers.
screwy.gif

And once, Emily Blunt called some guy a "stuffed shirt." :rotfl:

I love the phrase "mooch about the shops" 😄 I watch a lot of UK WDW vloggers and I just love the idioms and other unique phrases in the language (I actually love reading about idioms in all languages). My favorite single word is ...probably technically a swear word: twat

Many years ago, there used to be live chat in the evenings here on the dis. Not sure if that still exists, I don't think it does. Who here reading this thread recalls the live chat in the evenings here?

Anyway, the conversations really were hilarious at times, really fun times. Sometimes, I would say that I was going to (and I won't say it here, but it would be like the 3 Stooges saying what they were going to do to one another's head) I said, 'I am going to (blank) you in the head.'

Well, there was a moderator type person who was an early moderator on the UK forum. Her name was Shirley (dis name WDWfan.uk). I was a moderator at the time also, so knew Shirley pretty well. When I said that, Shirley goes like, 'Dan, you can't say that!'. I said, 'say what?' She said, 'the B word.' I replies, 'really, why not?' Shirley said, ;that means a whole lot different here in the UK than it does there in America!' I think the moderators could private message each other in chat, and Shirley let me in on the meaning. Big difference between the two countries. So (blank) was gone from my chat vocabulary, at least when Shirley or other UK folks were there in chat.

I don't think Shirley visits here anymore, another great old-timer. Anybody here remember Chat or Shirley?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter