What’s your Disney Parks Re-Opening Wish List?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I want specific things to come back as much as anyone. Epcot monorail! Casey’s Corner! Resort package delivery! I look forward to more things returning to normal.

But, if past earnings calls have set precedent, it will be big picture. For example ... they didn’t wait for the earnings call to announce that a Halloween after hours party was on the way. As others have mentioned, the call will probably include big picture statements about capacity, covid, certain things coming back (but without specific timing) like more resorts, dining, shows, etc.

If speculation about what the earnings call will most likely be like (based on past earnings calls) is considered “Debbie Downer” and not welcome here, well then ... I guess that says a lot. This place has certainly changed.

Last edited:

Disney won’t discuss low level details of what is going on with the parks in the earnings call. The audience for this call is investors, not the public. As others have said above, you may get vague comments about more things coming back over the summer and what the outlook is for the next quarter. Most of the call will be about how well different parts of the company did financially over the last quarter. It’s not really a news event.

I want specific things to come back as much as anyone. Epcot monorail! Casey’s Corner! Resort package delivery! I look forward to more things returning to normal.

But, if past earnings calls have set precedent, it will be big picture. For example ... they didn’t wait for the earnings call to announce that a Halloween after hours party was on the way. As others have mentioned, the call will probably include big picture statements about capacity, covid, certain things coming back (but without specific timing) like more resorts, dining, shows, etc.

If speculation about what the earnings call will most likely be like (based on past earnings calls) is considered “Debbie Downer” and not welcome here, well then ... I guess that says a lot. This place has certainly changed.

Ah just kidding around- no offense meant!

mrsap started this thread because we were talking/sharing outlandish hopes/dreams/delusions about it in the news thread so it was just gonna be a space to share what's said... or not said. Which will likely be on the 'not' side of things sadly.

I concur about resort package delivery... I would spend so much more money in the parks so it's really in Disney's best interests at this point. Enable my spending Disney!!

Please understand most of us came here together to listen to the call and have FUN with it. We know what the earnings call is. If you reread the comments at the start, you’ll notice everyone is laughing!!!!

I’m going to change the title of this thread. It’s no longer an earnings call thread. Sorry to everyone for what this thread turned into. I feel bad.

Last edited:

IMO, This thread is really about opinions on what will be talked about so there really is no other intention. Your concerns are in the wrong thread.
Have a magical day.

Is this thread about tomorrow's earnings call or just a fun topic about sharing what we want to come back? (The thread title nor the first post mention the earnings call but then comments seem to reference it - so just a bit confused)

If about the earnings call I wouldn't expect any specifics. Remember who the call is primarily for: analysts and institutional investors. They don't care about when fireworks are coming back, have no idea who the Citizens of Hollywood are, etc. They just want to know what projections for revenues will be and how they will increase while keeping expenses low

If just for fun, I am wanting more entertainment, character meets back back, and expanding dining (more restaurants, capacity at existing ones, longer hours, etc)

Is this thread about tomorrow's earnings call or just a fun topic about sharing what we want to come back? (The thread title nor the first post mention the earnings call but then comments seem to reference it - so just a bit confused)

If about the earnings call I wouldn't expect any specifics. Remember who the call is primarily for: analysts and institutional investors. They don't care about when fireworks are coming back, have no idea who the Citizens of Hollywood are, etc. They just want to know what projections for revenues will be and how they will increase while keeping expenses low

If just for fun, I am wanting more entertainment, character meets back back, and expanding dining (more restaurants, capacity at existing ones, longer hours, etc)
OP originally posted about the earnings call, but then changed the title later.

Just fantasizing about any future announcement.

A dream wish list would be more dining to open, and specifically for my family HDDR. We are going to Disney in December for the first time in 8 years, and I have to admit reading on the restaurant board makes me really nervous regarding trying to snag special ADRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!