What’s your Disney Parks Re-Opening Wish List?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am expecting announcements regarding capacity at WDW, a timeline for DL, and some broad reopening language about “more resorts, more dining, more shows, and the eventual return of our nighttime spectaculars” or something like that. Then DPB will have deets that evening.

Agreed. This is a call for investors not a call to try to get people to book a vacation so major announcements on the "better vacation" side are very unlikely. Talk about capacity and possibly covid restrcitions will likely be on the agenda but it will all be pretty vague like sticking with currently policies for now and hope to reduce them more in the future but have no timeline to share.

We may even get to hear the word "soon".

Agreed. This is a call for investors not a call to try to get people to book a vacation so major announcements on the "better vacation" side are very unlikely. Talk about capacity and possibly covid restrcitions will likely be on the agenda but it will all be pretty vague like sticking with currently policies for now and hope to reduce them more in the future but have no timeline to share.

We may even get to hear the word "soon".

It was during the Q4 2020 that the 35% number first started to appear so there can definitely be some speculation towards an increase in capacity being loosely mentioned by Chapek at some point.

Very well... but some of the things in here like fireworks, parades, etc. are unlikely on this call and with the boo bash announcement just recently they clearly are not ready to announce anything on those yet.

Eh, if they announce fireworks are back for the boo bash that's bad business for the summer season. Telling people you can see fireworks but you'll have to pay extra to see them is a bad look as a company. They should say they're coming back to the general paying public before they put them into special events.

Very well... but some of the things in here like fireworks, parades, etc. are unlikely on this call and with the boo bash announcement just recently they clearly are not ready to announce anything on those yet.

My fireworks comment was in jest, if you reread it. We are trying to keep things lighthearted, positive and hopeful about what’s to come in Disney. Not expecting anything, but hoping for something. 😁

We are trying to keep things lighthearted, positive and hopeful about what’s to come in Disney.

That’s fine, but the people who popped in to bring this thread back to earth know what they’re talking about. It’s not negativity, it’s reality. It’s pretty clear a lot of people on here haven’t really paid much attention to the earnings calls before. I think that it’s helpful for people to understand ahead of time that they don’t really get down into the weeds on these calls 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
That’s fine, but the people who popped in to bring this thread back to earth know what they’re talking about. It’s not negativity, it’s reality. It’s pretty clear a lot of people on here haven’t really paid much attention to the earnings calls before. I think that it’s helpful for people to understand ahead of time that they don’t really get down into the weeds on these calls 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think those of us who dig around for scraps of information from anywhere we can get it, can go ahead and hope for some positive news regardless of what former calls have sounded like. I also think that Disney needs to crank it up a notch and get things open because they're disappointing customers whether it be park goers or shareholders with their slower than snail reopening. I live in NYS, we're reopening faster than Disney ;)

Last edited:
I booked my Disneyland day for the wrong day! 😩 But I’m grateful for this thread, so I can still sneak a peak at what’s going on!

I get what you’re saying... but as @teachmedis said, I think everyone is just hoping for ANYTHING positive! Good earnings call might mean some good news “SOON” for Disney Parks 😊

I think those of us who dig around for scraps of information from anywhere we can get it, can go ahead and hope for some positive news regardless of what former calls have sounded like. I also think that Disney needs to crank it up a notch and get things open because they're disappointing costumers whether it be park goers or shareholders with their slower than snail reopening. I live in NYS, we're reopening faster than Disney ;)

Totally get that but just understand park goers are not the target audience for the call. That's all.

I expect some news on the theme parks since things are picking up with travel and hotel bookings and people getting vaccinated and whatnot. However, it will probably be more generalizations like “bookings are up and things are looking good for WDW’s 50th” kind of thing rather than a specific list of restaurant and entertainment reopenings. That’s ok. We get those bits of news quite often these days. I’m still interested in what news we will get out of the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter