What’s the latest on Typhoon Lagoon?

They were hiring life guards about 2 weeks ago specifically for Typhoon Lagoon...take it for what its worth but to me that smells like they are going to be opening soon - I say May. FYI - this was Disney's official hiring site and it said Typhoon Lagoon by name.
Are you sure about that?

Disney doesn’t typically include specific work locations in most job postings, especially for front-line service roles (like Lifeguard, Housekeeping, QSF&B, etc...). New hires in these roles don’t typically learn their work location until after onboarding.

There was a post several months ago on some college jobs site (I believe it was for Valencia College) that was recruiting summer Lifeguards specifically for TL. That said, since it was third-party, it could’ve also been an automated post timed to go up in advance of every summer. That’s what happened with a Patina job posting on a third party site several weeks ago that made everyone think Cultural Reps were coming back when in fact they weren’t.

So if Disney posted an ad specific to TL then I’d say it indicates something (which is why they don’t do this). But if it was a third-party site, it’s very possible it was a glitch.

Nothing concrete has been announced on TL. If they did choose to open it in the summer, I’d expect an announcement within the next month, but if I were planning a summer WDW vacation, I wouldn’t bank on it at the moment. Could go either way at this point.

Are you sure about that?

Disney doesn’t typically include specific work locations in most job postings, especially for front-line service roles (like Lifeguard, Housekeeping, QSF&B, etc...). New hires in these roles don’t typically learn their work location until after onboarding.

There was a post several months ago on some college jobs site (I believe it was for Valencia College) that was recruiting summer Lifeguards specifically for TL. That said, since it was third-party, it could’ve also been an automated post timed to go up in advance of every summer. That’s what happened with a Patina job posting on a third party site several weeks ago that made everyone think Cultural Reps were coming back when in fact they weren’t.

So if Disney posted an ad specific to TL then I’d say it indicates something (which is why they don’t do this). But if it was a third-party site, it’s very possible it was a glitch.

Nothing concrete has been announced on TL. If they did choose to open it in the summer, I’d expect an announcement within the next month, but if I were planning a summer WDW vacation, I wouldn’t bank on it at the moment. Could go either way at this point.
You may be right - it was weeks ago, however, I don't think that Blizzard Beach will be able to handle the crowds for the summer. I have checked the "hotline" for park hopping and Blizzard Beach has reached capacity several times already. I don't think Disney will want guests not being able to get into a waterpark. This could cause a big PR blemish and make for some not so happy guests.

The job posting specifically says Typhoon Lagoon for summer lifeguards.

Attachments

• Tyhoon_Lagoon_Lifeguard_Jobs.png
    Tyhoon_Lagoon_Lifeguard_Jobs.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 72
The job posting specifically says Typhoon Lagoon for summer lifeguards.
As I said in my previous post, this posting is NOT from Disney Careers. It's on a third-party website, likely for Valencia College students. There have been instances of these types of posts going up "automatically" by mistake (preset on a seasonal timer presumably) on third-party websites. The same thing happened with a post for Cultural Reps several months back on a third-party website that got everyone thinking the Cultural Reps were coming back but it was posted in error.

Better than no rumors...I reeeeally want Typhoon Lagoon open for our July trip!

I’m early august, and I keep having dreams it’s announced to reopen and then I get really sad when I wake up. I like Blizzard Beach but nowhere near the level I love TL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter