What’s something you’re weird about..

I’ve always slept with the door partly open.
Better air flow, dog can roam, I can hear intruders and the kids.

Bothers me to have them closed.
I'm going to stand corrected on this one. :o I have never known anybody (adults) that sleep with the bedroom door open but it seems like those of us who don't are outnumbered.

One thing I'm curious about though, are you honestly concerned about intruders? I think my odds of ever having that happen are about about like getting struck by lightening. I couldn't worry about it if I tried.

We sleep with our bedroom door open, always have. I'm not too worried about intruders, we have to noisy dogs that let us know when anyone or anything is in the yard or on the street in front of our house. I have never been bothered by any noise in my house made by people who live here--our tv is in the family room, which is downstairs and on the other end of the house from our room, and our kids aren't allowed to have phones, computers or ipads upstairs.

That said, my kids (18 and 15) came home late last night, after I had gone to bed; DH was working. When I got up this morning, I found out that they left the front door unlocked.

I'm going to stand corrected on this one. :o I have never known anybody (adults) that sleep with the bedroom door open but it seems like those of us who don't are outnumbered.

One thing I'm curious about though, are you honestly concerned about intruders? I think my odds of ever having that happen are about about like getting struck by lightening. I couldn't worry about it if I tried.

I don’t constantly worry about someone breaking in, but it is one reason I leave the door open. Having our garage broken into and set on fire a few years ago really messed with me.

I have to sit on the aisle of airplane, in a movie theatre or show theatre. I HATE climbing over people but don't mind people climbing over me to get to or from their seat. I have to be on the end.

MJ

I don't keep it wide open just partly ajar.

I lived alone in a house not in the best area of town as a single women for several years. Maybe the intruder thing comes from that or from way too many episodes of Dateline.
Houses do get broken into much more often than being struck by lightening.

DH thinks I am weird for my bed making and dishwasher loading habits.

When making the bed, the tag on the flat sheet can not be on the top right corner of the bed. That is my side of the bed and I don't want the tag in my face all night. I don't care where it is, it can be on any other corner, just so long as it isn't by my face. We got a new set of flannel sheets for our bed last fall and this particular set has penguins all over it. All the penguins are facing the same direction so they must all be facing down. If the sheet is put on so they are facing toward the head of the bed it must be changed.

Our dishwasher is old and really very ineffective. We basically have to rinse the dishes to the point that they are nearly clean before we put them in the dishwasher otherwise they will not get clean. DH sometimes tries to help by loading the dishwasher but he just doesn't do it right. He puts large mixing bowls on the bottom rack and puts my kitchen knives in it. Now, the mixing bowls are glass so they are dishwasher safe but if you put the large bowls on the bottom rack they block the water from getting up to the top rack and nothing up there gets clean. The kitchen knives do not go in the dishwasher because it dulls the edges. If it is a knife I sharpen and use to chop things it does not go in there. Steak knives are fine. Not my kitchen knives. I really don't know why this is so hard.

Whenever I set an alarm, it HAS to be for an “off” time. For example, my alarms for work are 6:48AM and 7:32AM. I don’t do anything on the hour, half-hour, quarter-hour, etc. No real reason why, just something I’ve always done!

Whenever I set an alarm, it HAS to be for an “off” time. For example, my alarms for work are 6:48AM and 7:32AM. I don’t do anything on the hour, half-hour, quarter-hour, etc. No real reason why, just something I’ve always done!

Same here

There is actually nothing weird about this one. It's actually smart & sensible. Growing up, we had a neighbor, in which the side door that goes to the garage, had a window in the door. A thief did exactly what you had said: broke the window in the side door, reached in and unlocked the door from the inside. There was minimal broken glass sound that neighbors might hear, as they were inside the garage. When the police arrived, they said that's one of the most popular & easiest ways for thieves to get in. The problem is, most people don't know about this or even think about it, until AFTER they've been robbed and the police then point out all the way access ways thieves can get into most houses. :sad2:

My ex MIL always wanted a door with glass in it. She felt it was a safety feature because then you could see who was there before you let them in. I pointed out to her that A: if you can see them then they can see you and B: all they have to do is grab one of the rocks from your garden and they can get in your house in about 3 seconds.

She never could understand that.

I have to sit on the aisle of airplane, in a movie theatre or show theatre. I HATE climbing over people but don't mind people climbing over me to get to or from their seat. I have to be on the end.

MJ

I’m the same way, and so is my dad. When we go to the movies together we sit in different rows so we both get the aisle LOL

I lived alone in a house not in the best area of town as a single women for several years. Maybe the intruder thing comes from that or from way too many episodes of Dateline.
This is probably very true but another thing I guess I'm weird about is not locking my doors or my car. I've just never gotten in the habit, having grown up in a remote rural area. I've been in Calgary 30 years and haven't ever had an incident although I know that doesn't mean I never will. The really ironic thing is that the small northern city near where I was raised is apparently becoming one of the most violent places (per capita) in Canada and property crime around my tiny hometown is off the dial.

When I'm home alone, or if it's just me and kids, then I sleep with the door open; not much sleep then anyways. With DH home, we close the door, and once I'm out, I'm out. Something about him being there makes it....more secure, I suppose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter