What’s something you’re weird about..

We leave ours open, too. It's an old habit from when the children were little. Also, my wife likes to keep a hallway light on.
Oh heck no! I personally can sleep with ambient light in a room but DH needs it pitch black. We even have to put a towel under the gap in hotel rooms or he can’t sleep.

Oh heck no! I personally can sleep with ambient light in a room but DH needs it pitch black. We even have to put a towel under the gap in hotel rooms or he can’t sleep.

That's my DH as well - not quite to the towel level, but it drives him nuts if DS accidentally leaves the bathroom light on.

I tend to microwave ice cream and M&Ms. I will microwave ice cream for 15 to 30 seconds so it's easier to scoop out of the carton. I microwave M&Ms for 10 seconds. It's just long enough to melt the inside, but not the candy coating. Yum! Strange? Probably.

I tend to microwave ice cream and M&Ms. I will microwave ice cream for 15 to 30 seconds so it's easier to scoop out of the carton. I microwave M&Ms for 10 seconds. It's just long enough to melt the inside, but not the candy coating. Yum! Strange? Probably.

I hate my ice cream melted, but DS does that to his. - He loves it.

The M&Ms intrigue me, though. - I'll have to try that!

Everyone who sleeps with their bedroom doors open, check out this short Close Before You Doze video on Youtube. It's from the Fire Safety Research Institute and shows why you should always sleep with your doors closed, even though so many people don't.

I work for a fire department and we watched this during a training. It's extremely eye-opening! :firefight

*Sorry for being off-topic, but the open/closed door posts reminded me of this and thought it might be OK to share! Please feel free to remove if not.*

DH thinks I am weird for my bed making and dishwasher loading habits.

When making the bed, the tag on the flat sheet can not be on the top right corner of the bed. That is my side of the bed and I don't want the tag in my face all night. I don't care where it is, it can be on any other corner, just so long as it isn't by my face. We got a new set of flannel sheets for our bed last fall and this particular set has penguins all over it. All the penguins are facing the same direction so they must all be facing down. If the sheet is put on so they are facing toward the head of the bed it must be changed.

Our dishwasher is old and really very ineffective. We basically have to rinse the dishes to the point that they are nearly clean before we put them in the dishwasher otherwise they will not get clean. DH sometimes tries to help by loading the dishwasher but he just doesn't do it right. He puts large mixing bowls on the bottom rack and puts my kitchen knives in it. Now, the mixing bowls are glass so they are dishwasher safe but if you put the large bowls on the bottom rack they block the water from getting up to the top rack and nothing up there gets clean. The kitchen knives do not go in the dishwasher because it dulls the edges. If it is a knife I sharpen and use to chop things it does not go in there. Steak knives are fine. Not my kitchen knives. I really don't know why this is so hard.

I load the dishwasher and my husband re-loads it. Drives me mad. We are a family of 4 and use more paper plates then our everyday China. I load it the way I see fit. He corrects it. Why, I have no idea. So my pettiness will be to run it tonight as usual and let him unload it tomorrow.

I load the dishwasher and my husband re-loads it. Drives me mad. We are a family of 4 and use more paper plates then our everyday China. I load it the way I see fit. He corrects it. Why, I have no idea. So my pettiness will be to run it tonight as usual and let him unload it tomorrow.
You use more paper plates then regular dishes? Why? That seems so wasteful. I hate eating off paper plates personally. We have 5+++ people in this house and we never use paper plates.

My boyfriend and I use paper plates and plastic cups, cans, bottles exclusively ( unless having guests over). We do use silverware, though.

Everyone who sleeps with their bedroom doors open, check out this short Close Before You Doze video on Youtube. It's from the Fire Safety Research Institute and shows why you should always sleep with your doors closed, even though so many people don't.

I work for a fire department and we watched this during a training. It's extremely eye-opening! :firefight

*Sorry for being off-topic, but the open/closed door posts reminded me of this and thought it might be OK to share! Please feel free to remove if not.*
:thumbsup2 Vindication! I'm not the weird one after all!!
My boyfriend and I use paper plates and plastic cups, cans, bottles exclusively ( unless having guests over). We do use silverware, though.
Yuck - why? :confused: I always find it so awkward cutting with a stainless steel knife on a paper plate.

I should more correctly have written chinet plates or plastic plates, not the thin paper ones. Disposable plates would probably say it best.

This is probably very true but another thing I guess I'm weird about is not locking my doors or my car. I've just never gotten in the habit, having grown up in a remote rural area. I've been in Calgary 30 years and haven't ever had an incident although I know that doesn't mean I never will. The really ironic thing is that the small northern city near where I was raised is apparently becoming one of the most violent places (per capita) in Canada and property crime around my tiny hometown is off the dial.

I live in the murder capitol of Canada and we go out and don’t lock the doors. We do at night though..although we’ve forgotten a time or two or assumed they were locked when they weren’t.

There is definitely a right way and a wrong way to load the dishwasher lol

Mine are more "germ and dirt" related.

We take off our shoes in the house and ask guests to, as well (not that we really have any guests who aren't family, and family all removes their shoes, too.)

I take flip flops to wear when we travel and stay in a hotel or with friends. I will not step into a shower, other than my own, barefoot.

I refuse to touch raw meat with my bare hands.

I wash my hands first thing when I come in the house, even if I just did it 10 minutes ago and only left to drive my son to school. I insist that my family wash their hands right away, also.

I should more correctly have written chinet plates or plastic plates, not the thin paper ones. Disposable plates would probably say it best.
Why though? It seems like a waste of garbage and money. If it’s just two people in your house how long can a few dishes take? I’ve never heard of this before, people using disposable dishes over regular as their every day dishes. Sure camping, pool parties, birthday parties, ect. But not to use just everyday around the house.

I live in the murder capitol of Canada and we go out and don’t lock the doors. We do at night though..although we’ve forgotten a time or two or assumed they were locked when they weren’t.

There is definitely a right way and a wrong way to load the dishwasher lol
That may or may not be true, depending on what stats you look at on any given day. In any city nation-wide though the overwhelming majority of violent crime is NOT random and victims unknown to the perpetrator is extremely rare. Murders are almost 100% bad-guy-on-bad-guy (gang and drug related) or domestic. It’s just not a realistic threat. I guess I owe you $20 if a random maniac breaks into your house at night and kills you. :rotfl:

That may or may not be true, depending on what stats you look at on any given day. In any city nation-wide though the overwhelming majority of violent crime is NOT random and victims unknown to the perpetrator is extremely rare. Murders are almost 100% bad-guy-on-bad-guy (gang and drug related) or domestic. It’s just not a realistic threat. I guess I owe you $20 if a random maniac breaks into your house at night and kills you. :rotfl:

My ghost will come hunt you down for that $20 lol

I agree that most of our murders are gun and drug related but we’ve already had 19 this year and are on pace to break our record of 41. Meth is a scourge right now.

You use more paper plates then regular dishes? Why? That seems so wasteful. I hate eating off paper plates personally. We have 5+++ people in this house and we never use paper plates.

I mean we are not trying to load service for 12 in a dishwasher. The kids plates and our cups and mugs are not overflowing the thing. It’s one of my pet peeves and I can’t seem to get over it. Lol

Even the thought of touching a cotton balls makes me ill. If a buy a bottle of pills with a cotton ball stuffed into the top, I have to have somebody else take it out. It's the "crunch" of the fibers. Uhhhhh ... getting grossed out just thinking about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter