What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Last night I made Schnitzel as we don't have any local German food at all.

Did not take a photo, but this is from the last time I made it and took a photo.
View attachment 832669
Made everything except the Knockwurst from scratch. (well the anchovies are from a jar)
There is a Sweet and Sour German Red Cabbage under the schnitzel as well.

i have been craving this like crazy recently. i just got some of the maggi seasoning mix and the knorr gravy mix. we have a spaetzle maker and recipie. can you share your sweet and sour german red cabbage recipie?

Went to a friend's house for pizza and poker. They got me a dinner salad since I can't eat pizza for the most part (I did steal a square!). Just got home and had some pretzels with street corn dip and a package of nori snacks. 🫤

And coffee. Gotta wait up for kid2 to get home from his date...

I’m going shopping for a new stove this morning. Hoping to find one I like and that delivery and install are quick. I keep starting to make something then remember I can’t. Last night it was granola.

gas? electric? combo?

My current stove is gas with an electric pilot. I want gas burners for sure because I do a lot of canning and I used to kill electric burners left and right from length of time the burner was in and the weight of the pot. My stove is 18 years old so I’m curious what the new ones are like.

Last night I was glued to my screen watching 2 seasons of Lost” which are now shown with commercials on Prime. Yes of course I could pay extra and watch ad free but I’m tired of being ”chump-changed” to death so used the ad times to make a quick dinner with leftovers.
The base was garlic soup with added bok choy, baby corn ears, julienned carrots, broccoli florets, dried shiitake mushrooms and angel hair pasta. Seasoned with rice vinegar and sesame oil, it was slurpy good.

Well, no real dinner tonight. Instead it is Family Lunch day. We are celebrating Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year.
Orange Chicken, General Tso's chicken, Garlic shrimp, egg rolls, rice, and noodles.
Dessert mini doughnuts, mini cupcakes and cookies decorated for Valentine's Day.
There will be 8 of us.

Yes of course I could pay extra and watch ad free but I’m tired of being ”chump-changed” to death so used the ad times to make a quick dinner with leftovers.
Yup. There is software out there to "record" the episodes and allow you to watch without commercials under "fair use".

Fine if you are watching on a laptop or can hook the device to the TV.

You can get more complex and set up a server to watch the stuff with your Roku, phone etc...

Of course that software can (and does) stop working sometimes until an update, but its worth it not to sit through those commercials.

If the commercials are actually part of the media then it does not work, but in most cases its not part of the movie. (yet)

And yeah - it will cost more than the 2.99 a month.

BTW - I am thinking about rewatching Lost

BTW - I am thinking about rewatching Lost
I think I must’ve gone on one of my “TV strikes“ back then because only the first season seems familiar, lol. Still, really enjoying it now. Lots of unexpected twists and turning into a different genre moments 😎

Last week went mostly according to plan. I few of the days got switched up. We were both underwhelmed with the Mississippi pot roast. I think DH might have been wanting it so long that it didn’t live up to its hype.

Today we are making pulled pork for DDs super bowl party and smoked kielbasa for DSs party.

This weeks dinner plans.

Chilis on Monday because I have $20 in bonus card from buying my daughter a gift card for Christmas and the bonus is about to expire.

other days

roast beef that has been in the freezer
hot dogs
Veal and peppers

anyone else eyeballing the ads for good deals on foods geared towards superbowl hosting?
Yes. We stocked up on bacon and I thought we had stocked up on kielbasa but I think a couple pounds is going to DS for his party along with the salt potatoes.

anyone else eyeballing the ads for good deals on foods geared towards superbowl hosting?
Good idea since there are generally lots of “man cave” goods at decent prices at this time of year
I’m stocking up on different types of pickles since the cuke girlie aka DGD will be back soon. She loves chicken wings but Im not seeing much of a sale on them unless it’s the bagged variety. Good prices on beef steak and roast sales right now; same for pork cuts. I’m a perimeter shopper so don’t know if the prepped frozen goods are a good deal or not.

My current stove is gas with an electric pilot. I want gas burners for sure because I do a lot of canning and I used to kill electric burners left and right from length of time the burner was in and the weight of the pot. My stove is 18 years old so I’m curious what the new ones are like.

I bought a stove! If all goes well it will be delivered and installed in a few weeks. I can’t wait I miss baking and feel like dinners are limited although it is forcing me to try some new things which is great.

what brand did you end up going with?

i'm also a fan of gas. i have not canned in several years but i was raised using gas and feel more comfortable adjusting the flame height. we replaced our stove just about a year ago-got a thermadore. paid way more than i wanted to but all gas, 5 burners, no big upcrop at the back of the burners (now i can center a large pot on those back burners), and the final selling point-a full width/depth broiler in the oven (no more adjusting what i'm broiling underneath that narrow little broiler flame). we also wanted a stove that had the least electronics to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter