• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Were you able to get your November reservations?

We couldn't get a good time for CRT. I managed to find a couple times but neither really works for us. One is a 2:30 which is too late a lunch for us. And the other is a 6:50 which puts us too late for dinner without hunger meltdowns. I'm hoping I get a better time so I drop both of those but until then I'm waffling on which is the better of 2 evils.

Going 11/17-11/22. Called at 180 days and was able to get:

11/17: Tony's Town Square dinner @ 6:30pm
11/18: Tusker House early lunch @ 11am (still trying for pre-park opening breakfast)
Narcoosee's Dinner @ 5:35pm so we're done in time to get to MK for Electrical Parade & Wishes Fireworks
11/19: Hollywood & Vine breakfast @ 9:30am (trying for pre-park opening time)
50's Prime Time Cafe lunch @ 12:30pm
11/20: Be Our Guest dinner @ 5pm (then MVMCP)
11/21: Bibbidi Bobbodi Boutique @ 12:00 followed by CRT @ 2 pm
11/22: Crystal Palace breakfast @ 8 am

Checking religiously for Tusker House & Hollywood &Vine alternate times.

Maybe this is a strange question, but how many of you have been influenced in your choices after reading these boards and finding out about the elusive reservations? We had not even considered certain reservations---CRT, CM to name two. After reading so many threads about so many people wanting certain reservations, I almost (note--almost!) felt like if I did see one of those come up, I'd have to book it! When I realized I was starting to second guess our own choices based on how hard it is to get some reservations, I had to step back and realize that I need to book what I really want for DH and I, not what is really popular!! This 180 day booking window seems to create a frenzy of "Gotta get these ADRs!!" Six months just seems too far away to figure out exactly where you'll be. Of course, I guess no matter what the booking window is, there will be the booking frenzy. The FD makes it even crazier!!
Sorry for taking a little tangent, but I was just kind of sharing my thoughts!
Good luck to everyone getting what they want!!

lol I think it's a bit different if you have a kid (or kids) and are desperately trying to get into character meals for them. :goodvibes

But it does make me wonder how many people book things thinking they're "popular" so they "have" to have it only to sit there annoyed by what they discover after all that work they actually got themselves in to. Maybe a lot of the cancellations while you are there is just that. :rotfl2::lmao:

The only ADR I made at our 180 day mark was Hoop Dee Doo Category 1 Seating at 6:15pm because we weren't doing the DDP. Then a couple weeks later I get a pin code for free dining so I switched us to POFQ w/ regular DP. I went online to make ADR's well after the 180 day mark...

11/12- Teppan Edo
11/13- Hoop Dee Doo
11/14- Cape May Cafe- dinner
11/16- Yak & Yeti - dinner
11/17- Via Napoli- dinner

I am trying to tweak one for a later time at Via Napoli but having no luck. I will keep trying. We wanted BoG but nothing was even available for the whole week at the 180 day mark (we were going to pay OOP for it).

I thought we did pretty well given that we booked these a couple of weeks after the 180 days. :thumbsup2
Well here is an update from my post from last month. We ended up getting everything we wanted at the times we wanted them. Checking daily, multiples times worked out. So now our line up is:

11/12- The Garden Grill at 5:45pm
11/13- The Grand Floridian Cafe at 8:30am
Hoop Dee Doo category 1 at 6:15pm
11/14- Cape May Cafe at 5:20pm
11/15- Yak & Yeti at 6pm - we had an adr for 4pm but we are much happier with a later dinner since they extended park hours at AK!
11/16- The Plaza at 5:20pm followed by MVMCP after!
11/17- Via Napoli at 5:45pm - got the time we wanted! :thumbsup2

Keep checking everyone!

Maybe this is a strange question, but how many of you have been influenced in your choices after reading these boards and finding out about the elusive reservations? We had not even considered certain reservations---CRT, CM to name two. After reading so many threads about so many people wanting certain reservations, I almost (note--almost!) felt like if I did see one of those come up, I'd have to book it! When I realized I was starting to second guess our own choices based on how hard it is to get some reservations, I had to step back and realize that I need to book what I really want for DH and I, not what is really popular!! This 180 day booking window seems to create a frenzy of "Gotta get these ADRs!!" Six months just seems too far away to figure out exactly where you'll be. Of course, I guess no matter what the booking window is, there will be the booking frenzy. The FD makes it even crazier!!
Sorry for taking a little tangent, but I was just kind of sharing my thoughts!
Good luck to everyone getting what they want!!

Yes. ::yes::

The only three reservations I had considerd up to the point before reading the dis fourms for the first time was Sci fi, 50s prime time, LTT , ohana and bog.

After reading the fourms on the adult fourm I decided I had to try a character meal as it wouldn't be out of place for a adult only. I now have 3 character breakfasts

I hadn't thought about chef mickeys or CRT until eveyone made it out to be a big deal. I think chef mickeys is more for young kids??? Correct me if I am wrong but the reviews were not good so it doesn't bother me I don't have that one when i have tusker house to see mickey. CRT does look quite nice so probably would grab that and cancel something else.

I have 11 reservations now, and at the moment just toying around. I don't think I'll cancel any until the week before I leave. I will probably have 30 by that time with loads to cancel:rotfl2:

Hi everyone! I am coming in late to this thread. I booked after 180 days, and was able to get decent adrs for our first family trip. The main ADR that I haven't been able to get is BOG; that is driving me nuts. I am guessing many people on here have the same issue? I'm trying to remain hopeful though :goodvibes

In terms of what got me interested in the hot ticket restaurants- it's honestly just to be able to meet several characters at once, especially the princesses for us. I hate to waste too much time waiting in line for meet and greets so we always try to do one princess meal and chef
Mickeys when we go. There really hasn't been anywhere that I've found the food to be really noteworthy. I'd just eat various snacks all week if I wanted great food choices- like Dole whip and various items from the world showcase :)

I booked at 180 days and was able to get great ADRs.
Nov 20th Tutto Italia 6:30p
Nov 21st Tusker House 11:45a
Nov 22nd Crystal Palace 8:20a & Liberty Tree Tavern 6:30p
Nov 23rd Akershus 6:25p
Nov 24th Sci-Fi Diner 5:45p
Nov 25th 1900 Park Fare 6:00p
Nov 26th Ohana 6:30p
Nov 27th Cape May 5:30p

The only one I may change is Nov 20th on our arrival day. May just cancel it and try to get another character breakfast one day.

I don't know what I was thinking. Didn't try to book any ADR until 120 days. By then everything was gone. I was able to get these - will only be there 1 1/2 days.

11/22 H&V 6:05 pm
11/23 LTT 11:40 am
11/23 Chef Mickey 5:05 pm

I am going to keep looking but considering canceling our dining plan and just doing quick service.

I don't know what I was thinking. Didn't try to book any ADR until 120 days. By then everything was gone. I was able to get these - will only be there 1 1/2 days.

11/22 H&V 6:05 pm
11/23 LTT 11:40 am
11/23 Chef Mickey 5:05 pm

I am going to keep looking but considering canceling our dining plan and just doing quick service.

Pretty impressive to get chef mickeys that far out.

Although I didn't book our trip until about 185 days out, I had been planning it for a while. I had a great plan to sit down the weekend before our 180 opened on a Monday morning and really plan it out. Then life happened. That same weekend we also found out that we were having a suprise baby! I was distracted the whole weekend and never put my plan together. On day 180 I half heartedly made some ADR's because I figured we would have to cancel. I was going to be almost 8 months pregnant at the time of our scheduled trip. Life stuck again when I miscarried at 10 weeks so at that point I really threw myself into planning. Now I have finally put together a schedule that I am happy with but can't seem to get SciFi for early dinner. Other than that, I have been pretty lucky. We even got an 8:05 Crystal Palace for our last day. We needed some pixie dust for that but we got it. Our DS is going to be thrilled.

Pretty impressive to get chef mickeys that far out.

Yes I know, that one wasn't originally there. It just showed up one day. I grabbed it pretty quickly and since then I've been obsessed with checking for something in MK or maybe 1900 Park Fare. I guess my ADRs aren't bad, but would have liked to do something different because we did Chef Mickey last time.

Also thinking we should try and maximize our time in the parks since we only have 1 1/2 days.

Yes, for the most part. DW decided last weekend that she wanted to do to see the Osbourne Lights during the Thanksgiving break. I was able to get the following ADR's:

11/26: 50's Prime Time Cafe @ 4:10PM
11/29: Crystal Palace @ 9:15PM
11/29: Via Napoli @ 4:30 PM
11/30: Tony's Town Square @ 5:10 PM (MVMCP)

I just made a mistake when booking for Prime Time. We are a party of 3, and by accident, when searching, I had selected for a party of 2. I don't want to cancel the ressie. Keep checking numerous times everyday with no luck for a ressie for a party of 3. :blush: Don't know if it's going to be a problem when we check in if I tell them the mistake. :wizard: Was also wishing for a Wishes Dessert Party but have had no luck! :surfweb:

We're going the second week of November and didn't decide to book the trip or start planning until after the 180 deadline had passed (we booked about 5 months away).

Does anyone else have an issue where any openings for character meals seem to be on only one day of their trip?! I've been able to book an 'Ohana breakfast, a Crystal Palace breakfast and lunch, and an Akershus dinner, but all on 11/9 (cancelled some already, obviously couldn't keep them all); a Tusker House breakfast seems to always be open that day and I passed up Hollywood & Vine breakfast and Crystal Palace dinner on the same day too. Whenever I search the other days of our trip I get 0 character meals available. I keep checking for cancellations...they pop up for 11/9, but I've only seen a Chef Mickey's dinner and a Garden Grill dinner later in the week (neither fit our plans).

I'm happy with our other ADRs even though most are not that hard to get, they're where we want to eat (Raglan Road, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Cape May Cafe, Teppan Edo, 50s PTC). The only other change I'm trying to make is to move our 50s Primetime Cafe later than 12:15...no luck with that so far.

We booked at 120 days and have found no days with character availability.

We had terrible luck with ADRs this year :(
We booked at 180+10 and there was a glitch that kicked me out every time I tried to secure an ADR. I literally watched all my desired times become unavailable over a 7 day period. We called dining twice and they couldn't see what was causing this but by that time the times I wanted were gone. Finally, DH called and basically (politely) wouldn't hang up til we got an answer as to why this was happening on a multitude of devices. We didn't want this issue following us into FP+ reservations or on our actual trip. After about 1.5 hours with a tech guy, they figured out we had some sort of flag on our acct but they didn't know why. They removed it and minutes later, I could book online. Of course it was too late to get what we most wanted but I've made our touring for what we did get and we will still have a good time! I just can't believe how hard it is to get a Sci-fi dinner in mid November and as expected, we haven't snagged a BOG. Regardless, it'll be fun!

I've hardly been able to get anything. We are eating all our meals at odd times. I'm stalking the cancelation thread like crazy

Casey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter