We're the proud owners of...

disny4fun

Mouseketeer
a new pop-up (to use at least)! We are so excited and we can now start planning for a next trip to Disney!

This is our first pop-up and I know we will have alot of fun in it!

Congrats! What kind of pop-up did you get?

We joined the wonderful world of pop-up ownership last September, and one of the main reasons was that we wanted to be able afford more frequent trips to WDW! So far, it's worked out that way -- we were there in February, and will be going again in October! We've also gotten a ton of non-Disney use out of it -- it's honestly one of the best purchases we've ever made!

If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend checking out the bulletin boards at the PopUp Times website: http://www.popuptimes.com/forum . I've found those boards to be as helpful in terms of pop-up camping as these boards are with everything Disney-related -- and that's saying something!! (I'd also recommend subscribing to the PopUp Times Magazine -- DH and I fight over who gets to read it first when it arrives!)

We bought a 99 Starcraft Galaxy :) ! The previous owner was a retired lady who felt that she could not take her 5 grandchildren with her camping in it so she traded it for a new motorhome. The dealer said it was used 5 times and kept in the garage. It looks like it too!

It has Air and Heat, an awning, screen room, sleeps 8, 12', double lp tanks, double batteries, and some other little extras that make it nice! No water heater, shower or porta-potty. But that fine - we only camp where there are facilities anyway!

We were fortunate to take our first trip to Disney in 2000 and we cannot wait to go back. DH commented that next year when DD is at camp for the week that we should head out to Disney just the two of us! Hummm...nice idea!;) !

Anyway we are so new to this and to add to it we haven't camped since DD was born (9 yrs). In 2000 we took Mom-in-laws motorhome to Disney, I guess that's as close as we get!

Sounds like an awesome camper! And how great to get the savings by buying something "used," that's only been used 5 times!!

We got one of the little Thetford Porta-Pottis from Walmart, and I have to say, I'm glad we have it. We always stay places with "facilities" too, but it sure is nice not to have to go there when I wake up in the middle of the night! Ours has only ever been used for, shall-we-say, "liquid waste," so it's not hard to keep clean. Anyway, you may want to look into getting one if you or your family members tend to wake up in the night needing the bathroom!

Enjoy your new toy!!

I agree with stampmom on the potty thing.It has been a lifesaver for those middle of the night potty runs.Ever since I had my dd a few years ago I have to make many trips at night to the potty.By having this in the popup I do not have to worry about finding a key,glasses.flashlight.etc. And now that dd goes to the potty it is easier on her also.

Congrats on your new popup. Not only is it fun, cost effective but you always know what your "room" will look like. We have camped in ours from Colorado to Florida. You'll love it!
TomM

Congratulations on you new popup. We love ours. I also highly recommend the popup times msg board and magazine. Our 1st trip in our popup was 10 days at FW and it was wonderful. (Even if it was in July and rained almost every day) We have been back many times and are going again in a few weeks. I also think the potty is great to have even if you are right next to the comfort stations. Although at FW there is not a dump station, if you do not get a full hook up site you have to drive around and find a one that is empty so you can dump.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! May you have many many years of enjoyment in it!!!!:D Now, you have to put in one of those Disney vacation videos and pay real close attention when it shows FW!! Also, check out the Disney Campers site....take some time and dream!!

Colleen

:confused: Is there another Disney Campers site beside Disboards? I'd love to find it. We've been checking out popuptimes for quite a while. They have alot of useful information which we have learned many thing from. We (I) cannot wait to go back to Disney. We used to live in S. Calif. until 8 yrs ago - we both alos grew up there, so I went to Disneyland every year. I miss it. It just seems harder now to go every year. Beside living so far away (11 hrs), it just seems that we cannot afford to go as often and saving for it is a major undertaking which is why we can only make the trip every 3 to 4 yrs. Anyway we can go is fine with me. I just can't wait to be there!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter