~~We're off to Neverland...Take 3~~

So six more days and we'll be at DL. Why am I feeling sad already? Sad that it's just that much closer to being over. I have a feeling this week at work is just going to drag by, today did at least. Saturday I have volunteered to work the crab feed at my sons school. I committed to that before I committed to Disneyland so there was no backing out. I have to be there at 10 am to set up, home around 2 then back at 4. That leaves poor Chris to do most of the laundry and packing. :laundy: I feel bad but he seems to be ok with it. I'm also going to miss Ayden's last day at Football camp. :sad1: I guess it's a good trade.....I miss football but I get 6 days with him in Disneyland.
I keep checking the weather and see rain for a day maybe two. I'm hoping that changes....no two weather sites say the same thing so I'm hoping the one with no rain wins!
:cool2:

I am excited for your trip coming up! I can't wait to hear how it goes since we will be right behind you later in March. Of course our crowds will be worse than yours :(
It always seems like the last month before a trip always drags by to me. Hang in there!

So there is something I'm dreading about this trip.....the flight. :scared:
We fly every year and every year I get anxious about the flight. Granted it's only a little over an hour for us, but I still get very nervous. Panic attack like. It's not fun. Of course I play it cool for my son, he's excited to fly again. Me....I know of the accidents, and lately there have just been one too many. :(
5 days to go and I'm already worrying myself like crazy over this. It's just a control thing......once that plane accelerates..I have no control. :rolleyes1

We fly every year and every year I get anxious about the flight. Granted it's only a little over an hour for us, but I still get very nervous. Panic attack like. It's not fun. Of course I play it cool for my son, he's excited to fly again. Me....I know of the accidents, and lately there have just been one too many. :(
5 days to go and I'm already worrying myself like crazy over this. It's just a control thing......once that plane accelerates..I have no control. :rolleyes1

You could always call your doctor & get a little something to take the edge off....I have to do that when I fly..... :dance3:

I hear ya there! I usually don't have too much of a problem with flying, and even I am nervous lately. :scared1:

5 days!!:woohoo:

Hi!

I'm new to this discussion board, and live in Fair Oaks as well! It is nice to see other Disney fans live around here - sometimes I think I'm the only adult in the neighborhood who would drop everything to spend a few days in Fantasyland!

I'll be going to DL sometime this spring with a friend (first trip with no children), and again in September for a homeschooling conference.

I hope you have a fantastic trip, and look forward to reading your trip report!

Hi!

I'm new to this discussion board, and live in Fair Oaks as well! It is nice to see other Disney fans live around here - sometimes I think I'm the only adult in the neighborhood who would drop everything to spend a few days in Fantasyland!

I'll be going to DL sometime this spring with a friend (first trip with no children), and again in September for a homeschooling conference.

I hope you have a fantastic trip, and look forward to reading your trip report!

Well HOWDY neighbor!!! I have been seeing a lot of people on the boards from Sacramento but not right up the street from me :) Welcome to the boards...and I'm envious of your trip with no kids. Although I LOVE it with my son....but I can't help but think about an adult only trip as well. :)

I've planned grown-up trips to DL before, but always backed out when I started to feel guilty about living the girls behind. Now that they are 18 and 15, I feel a little better about it! :-)

Have a great time!

2 more sleeps...2 more sleeps till Disneyland!!!!!!!!!!!
Lots of pictures to come soon!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:banana: I'm so excited for you!!!!!!, if you're 2 away......that means I'm 8 away!!!!! :cool1:

Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!

Have fun tomorrow! Maybe we will see ya Monday, it is me and my boys first day in the park.

So this morning I woke up an hour before my alarm goes off. Guess I was too excited to sleep. I heard my son Ayden stirring in his room. I heard his door squeak open. Then he quietly walks down the hall. I pretend to still be asleep, I mean it's still dark outside!!!!!!!! DBF Chris moves and then I hear the rush of pitter pattering little feet running back down the hall. LOL Just made me laugh. So I guess he was too tired to sleep too.
So my dad picks us up in a little over an hour for the airport. I hope you all have a great week and I'll be back saturday with TONS OF PICTURES!!!!!

We're going to DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Have fun we are leaving in about 1 1/2 hours, and I am sitting here hoping I got everything done!

Have a safe trip and be on the lookout for all of us Dis ladies! We will be scoping you out!:3dglasses

Honey....I'm home!!!!!!!!

We made it back last night and had an amazing time!!! I came back with hundreds of pictures so sit back and enjoy a photographic trip report. Overall the trip was perfect....except a day of rain but that wasn't bad. I got to meet some Diva's, experience some true DL magic and...the best news of all, we became AP holders!!!!!!!!!!

So Sunday March 1st when we were to leave it was POURING down rain here. I am not big on flying as it is so I was dreading the flight in the rain. Needless to say it was a pretty bumpy flight in the beginning. Even Ayden, my son looked at me and said "that didn't happen last time"..he meant the bumps with the turbulence. One very cool treat...he got to sit in the pilots seat!!!!
IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Anyway, we made it safe and sound and were very anxious to get to our Hotel. We got our luggage, walked out to the curb and within 1 minute Disneyland Express drove up. The drive......scary. I really thought the driver was dosing at the wheel. :scared1: Guess it was just our first knuckle clenching ride for the trip! Once we arrived at Park Vue Inn, we checked in but unfortunately our room wasn't ready yet. Not a big deal, they held our luggage. My DBF Chris was got a taxi to Garden Grove Costco to get our AP's with the $50 gift card while Ayden and I got lunch at Denny's. We didn't know this until afterwards but you get a 10% discount if you show your room key at Denny's. Just a hint! Chris was back pretty quick and the cab ride with tip was close to $40. We were VERY eager to get into the park. We were expecting HUGE lines at the ticket booth since it was Saturday afternoon but really only waited in line for less than 3 minutes. The bank took a little longer, but maybe only 10 minutes tops. But can you see the excitement...
IMG_0560.jpg

The first character to greet us was ...............
IMG_0437.jpg

We went right over to CA since we wanted to catch the Pixar Parade....Ayden LOVES McQueen and Mater and I didn't tell him they were going to drive right past him in the parade...he LOVED it. Here's some pics of us waiting for the parade.
IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

We went back to check into our Hotel. We were in room 206, right by the breakfast room. We had a room with a bunkbed...Ayden loved that too. I was pretty happy with the room, I mean you certainly can't beat the location. The room was clean, beds were comfy, and the breakfast was perfect! Much more than your regular continental breakfast. Waffles, 3 types of cereal, toast, fresh fruit, apple juice, orange juice, oatmeal, donuts, crossiants, yogurts. It got old after a few days but honestly saved us LOTS of money and time so it was very worth it for us!
IMG_0441-1.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

Since Matterhorn was scheduled to be closed during the week, we made sure to ride it on Sunday night. As I've said before in my posts, DS loves the ride, but of course is a drama queen in line whining about not wanting to ride it. Needless to say he's probably been on it at least 7 times in his life! Anyway, he didn't let me down this time either. Oh the look of fear after we got on!
IMG_0466.jpg

But once again, after we were done he begged to do it again, so this time he was all smiles.
IMG_0469.jpg

More to come later....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter