We're married, buying DVC and planning our next trip!~

How many points are you looking at buying? We're already contemplating adding on -- we stayed at Intrawest this past weekend on some "Discovery Points" we purchased and we have decided that even though it would be awesome to have Whistler as our second home base for points we'd rather just add more to DVC and if we need to trade out and use points in Whistler or just pay cash. Careful of the DVC bug once you've joined you are always wondering 'where else should I buy or how many more points do I need?" :rotfl2:

How many points are you looking at buying? We're already contemplating adding on -- we stayed at Intrawest this past weekend on some "Discovery Points" we purchased and we have decided that even though it would be awesome to have Whistler as our second home base for points we'd rather just add more to DVC and if we need to trade out and use points in Whistler or just pay cash. Careful of the DVC bug once you've joined you are always wondering 'where else should I buy or how many more points do I need?" :rotfl2:

We bought in with 160, and now we have 260. I wish we would have bought more on the initial contract.

We bought in with 160, and now we have 260. I wish we would have bought more on the initial contract.

We have 160 and I am always looking for deals for more but I suspect we won't get more for a few more years. Soulmates dangerous territory I tell you. :) :)

Congrats on your marriage!!

DVC was my push present after our triplets were born, and we always get excited planning our next trip!! For us, it's an easy way to really guarantee that we get to go on a fun family vacations especially when life sometimes has other plans!

Enjoy DVC! I know that we do!!

Congratulations to you ladies! Marriage and DVC - that's awesome! :thumbsup2

Careful of the DVC bug once you've joined you are always wondering 'where else should I buy or how many more points do I need?" :rotfl2:

So true!!!! We did 2 contracts of 160 and then added on another 100. Now I am looking at more!:eek:

We started with 150 points and then added 175 points last year.

where in NC do you live?? We live in Morganton.

Close by Raleigh & Durham

Congratulations on your marriage and DVC buy!

Thanks!

We're looking at the Re-Sale right now. Some AMAZING deals. It will be March before we actually buy. Honey says we need to wait. We have the holidays around the corner and we both want to upgrade our cars by Dec. Looking to get 150 points to start with. ;)

Congrats on your marriage!!

DVC was my push present after our triplets were born, and we always get excited planning our next trip!! For us, it's an easy way to really guarantee that we get to go on a fun family vacations especially when life sometimes has other plans!

Enjoy DVC! I know that we do!!
Thanks, we can't wait!!

Congratulations to you ladies! Marriage and DVC - that's awesome! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much!

We started with 150 points and then added 175 points last year.

We're looking to start with 150.

AH-HA! Now the March puzzle has been solved :)

If it is just the two of you traveling and you usually go Sept/Oct 150 is good. Yes fellow DVCers I will stand firm :lmao::lmao:

There's definitely deals out there especially with the costs per point on the rise. SSR just went up and there's a rumour of BLT going up again. When it's time to buy however do the math between buying on the market vs direct through Disney, with closing costs etc sometimes the price differential is quite small.

I am very excited for you two! :hug::hug:

AH-HA! Now the March puzzle has been solved :)

If it is just the two of you traveling and you usually go Sept/Oct 150 is good. Yes fellow DVCers I will stand firm :lmao::lmao:

There's definitely deals out there especially with the costs per point on the rise. SSR just went up and there's a rumour of BLT going up again. When it's time to buy however do the math between buying on the market vs direct through Disney, with closing costs etc sometimes the price differential is quite small.

I am very excited for you two! :hug::hug:

Your right, our DVC agent just emailed us and said BLT is going up to 130 per point. This is why I think ReSale may be better for us. Wifey is still researching it out. Either way, March gives us more time to get through the holidays. I have ANOTHER wedding ahead of me and this one is the big one. Just about every penny I have will go to that one. It's not everyday your first daughter gets married. ;)

I love hearing about happy weddings. My wife and I were married a year ago, and we went to Disney in January for a delayed honeymoon. It was great. We got to walk around the parks wearing "Just Married" buttons. We even got free desserts to congatulate us on our wedding. It was a lot of fun.

I already had a DVC memebership and we have been planning Disney vacations since we started dating.

Best wishes to you both, enjoy Disney again and again!

Thanks Scampi. We can't wait till we sign on the dotted line with the DVC. Our entire family will get to enjoy it! :grouphug:

Before I bought into the DVC, we used to (and still do) see the "Heard the best kept Disney Secret?" with pluto looking very suprised. I always said it's because he heard that Goofy was well endowed. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter