We're Dreaming of a WL Christmas! DEC 2010 INTERACTIVE PTR NEW: 12/9 BYE-BYE!

I have been doing a little shopping lately for our trip. My husband probably thinks I am crazy, but I know how fast 5 ½ months can sneak by me! I also have a few random fun things to share!

Here is what I have bought so far:

Luggage Tags:

I got these ADORABLE luggage tags off of Etsy. I actually found out that it is a fellow DISer (MCazer) after she posted that the lime green luggage tag could be used for DIS. It has our names on the front then our phone numbers and last name on the back.

004.jpg

I got 4 luggage tags total and plan on using 3 for our luggage and 1 for our park bag. I am also thinking about buying a few for my in-laws as a gift for the trip! They were very reasonable. There are many colors to pick from (I went with classic Mickey red/black on all of them)

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/29128898

Tell her Katie/BippityBoo sent you!!

Carriage Necklaces:

I read about these necklaces on RinkyTinky and Ladybugmom’s PTR/TRs. They are amazing, wonderful quality and SO cheap! Seriously, they were only $3.50 a piece! I got 4 (one for my DD, me, MIL and SIL). We are going to take a little girls only break and go to the Pick-A-Pearl in the Japan pavilion. My daughter is SO thrilled to do this! I have been pulling up Youtube videos for her to watch people pick the pearls. From what I understand, they will put the pearl in the necklace for you while you wait!

Here are pics of the cages and chains:

014.jpg

015.jpg

This one shows you how to open the cage to put the pearl in:

017.jpg

I bought them off of Ebay. Here is the link if you want to order your own!! It will save you a lot of money vs. the necklaces for purchase in the parks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/18K-WGP-PEARL-C...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ad9f57f84

Bathing Suits:

I had a coupon for Disney Store AND they were offering 10% off of their bathing suits a month ago. I bought these two adorable suits for the kids:

006.jpg

Recently, they had these sun glasses to match on sale for $1.99!

011.jpg

013.jpg

I know that swimming in December has been done before if the weather is right! We are hoping for a chance to swim at the WL since last time was SO cold. I am still debating if we are going to take the suits with us to the beach this summer or keep them new for the trip.

Books:

Abby really loved looking for Hidden Mickeys last trip! I thought it would be fun to buy her this book:

009.jpg

It is so fun! She reads it all the time! We are going to chose a few easy ones to find in areas of the parks that we know we frequent. There is a point system for each HM that you find. The harder the HM, the more points you get. She can’t wait!

Random Fun!

I thought I would include these two random things in this post:

1) Toy Story 3!

TOYSTORY.jpg

I found an AWESOME article about the hidden symbols and characters in TS3. You have to read it! I can’t wait to watch it again and look for them! One of my favorite ones is the fact that Lotso was in the movie UP as a bear next to a bed. So cool!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-toy-story-3-easter-eggs.html

2) Steven Curtis Chapman!

Steven-Curtis-Chapman.jpg

A few DIS friends messaged me right away when they found out that Steven Curtis Chapman would be our narrator for the Candlelight Processional!! I am so lucky that he posted the date on his website! I know a lot of people are anxious to find out who is narrating for their nights. I love SCC and I think he will do an amazing job! He even has a popular song titled “Cinderella”. How appropriate?

Question of the Day:

quest.jpg

“ What are your favorite items to purchase for your WDW trips? Clothes, supplies, traveling accessories, food, books?”​

UP NEXT: Trip planning is in full gear! Tips and tricks for traveling organized. For those of you who followed my last TR, I will be using the infamous "Rubbermaid" method, only with a few alterations :rolleyes:Can't wait for you to share your tips as well!

ALSO

Christmas shopping in July!

I love your purchases:thumbsup2. I hate that we are going to miss Steven Curtis Chapman. I love his music and his faith in God is amazing; even in the face of the tragedy his family endured.

OK, I know I am just posting post after post, but as I read I have to comment or my old brain will forget :rolleyes1. Anyway, it is horrible to hear about your house :scared1:. If I had to face a $100,000 repair bill I don't know what I would do. I am glad to hear that your trip has not been canceled, and maybe with all the luck you've been having, you will hit the powerball.....:goodvibes.

I agree with your husband -- with your extreme luckiness you should definitely play the lottery! :laughing: Glad you have enjoyed such a round of good luck! Can't wait to see the vintage postcards!

Hope you've bought that powerball ticket! Congrats on your string of good luck - I hope it continues for you :goodvibes

:cool1:Yay for all your winnings! :cool1:

That's so awesome! Hopefully this means everything is turning in your favor now!

BTW- I contacted your Etsy lady about doing some custom designs for my girls for our trip in a few weeks. Thanks for the recommendation!

I love that you're winning all of these contests! You definitely deserve some good luck. :goodvibes I think this is just a sign that things are turning around! And I definitely agree with your DH! :lmao:

Oooohhh, I can't wait to see what kind of customs you have in mind! popcorn::

Hey Katie!!!

Glad to hear you've had some good luck after your drywall snafu. Seriously, that stuff makes me livid; at a time when people are the most in need of help, they get taken advantage of?!?! WTH?!?!?! :headache:

Anyway, glad to hear you've been winning!! And I TOTALLY agree with your hubby - go get that lottery ticket, girl!! :banana:

I'm so glad such lucky things are happening to you! Sounds like someone definitely knows you and your family need some cheering up!
I'll look for you on the news when they announce the powerball winner! :thumbsup2

Enjoying your PTR. We are planning a GG for Xmas 2011 at the VWL where we own. Looking forward to hearing how the trip goes!

Thank you for the amazing words, Becky :hug: I agree that it is all in his hands. Planning will help keep my mind off of things. Can't wait to see what you have planned too!! Getting my sketches together this weekend for the kid's clothes. Any thought to what you are going to do? I am making us something like you had last year (with the Mommy Claus). It is coming out cute!

I have ordered the girls several new outfits from 3 different sellers on Etsy. 2 of the sellers are shipping the outfits this week and the other actually lives in the next town over. I'm going to pick up the outfits myself to save on shipping!! I'll be posting pics of the outifts very soon! Oooh--can't wait to see what you're coming up with!! :goodvibes

Hi Katie! Welcome back! I was in Disney last week so I had to catch up on your posts. I am so sorry about your house. I am in complete shock that the insurance companies will not help you. I just know that things will work out for you and your family. I am happy you can still take you trip though. And congrats on all your winnings! I am also a huge fan of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team on CMT! I have watched every season!

Hello Everyone!

I would like to say that I have been away for the past month planning for our fabulous Disney World vacation. However, that is far from the case.

I was on a roll- organizing, shopping, changing ADR times, making clothes for my kids. All of my usual pre-Disney excitement. Then, we got some terrible news. Our home was built with poisonous Chinese Drywall.

large_drywall.jpg

For those of you who may not know much about it, there are many health risks associated with Chinese Drywall. Headaches, sneezing, coughing just to name a few. Aside from the health issues, the drywall attacks all of your major appliances (computer, television, fridge) and ruins your air conditioning system and all electrical wiring behind the drywall. It also infests your furniture (especially cloth couches, curtains, etc). The only way to remediate is to tear EVERYTHING in your home out, treat the wooden studs and re-build.

This would be much easier if the insurance companies paid for it. That is right…at this time, insurance companies are refusing to pay and the Chinese drywall companies are too.

So, our only option is to re-build ourselves. This will cost us….drum roll….

$100,000 + :scared1::scared1::scared1:

I can not wrap my head around the fact that we are the victims here and we are the only ones who are responsible. There is legal action being taken with class action lawsuits, etc. Hopefully, there will be a conclusion soon to help families like us get our lives back.

For now, my family is safe in a home that is safe so that is all that matters! I would appreciate any thoughts and prayers for us as we deal with this tragedy!

OK, back to DISNEY! :santa:

Where does this leave our trip?

My husband and I were more than certain that the trip would be canceled. Being that we have to invest so much time and money into our home, it would be foolish to take the trip. However, we waited and did not tell our kids about the trip not happening. I think we were both holding onto faith that it would all be ok.

Well….I am happy to announce that we have a wonderful fairy godmother because we ARE going on the trip!! Everyone in my family (MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL) are still on board and it tickled me to see how many of them were genuinely upset that it might be called off. We are all looking forward to a MUCH NEEDED vacation.

epcot_holidays.jpg

My children’s lives are about to change a lot for the year to come. I can’t think of a better gift to give them than fun times and family bonding. I LOVE that Disney World can give that to them.

479122064krXSNC_fs.jpg

I hope you understand why I have been gone so long. I just could not bring myself to come on the DIS. It made me very sad to think that I would be missing out on all of the exciting vacation planning. I can’t wait to catch up with all of your reports! I am very behind—and have so much work to do on our vacation! Thanks for reading :hug:

PS: If you have started a PTR or TR since I have been gone, leave the link for me so I can go catch up!!

Katie, You know that you are in my prayers! Becky was so right that only God can supply all of our needs. He is amazing! K. Now I am going to catch up on your PTR :surfweb:I have been off the DIS for so long!

love the luggage tags and saw the carriage cages last year and adored them, but didn't order. i think i will this year, that is one thing i want to do this year- the pick a pearl- my 10yo niece and MIL will enjoy it- thanks for posting the link to order them!

so glad you had some good luck come your way finally. you deserved some!

That is awesome that you had that string of good luck on the contests and lotto ticket. :goodvibes I am glad your recent string of wins has helped to brighten your day!:goodvibes

As we are going through our own series of repairs with our house, I have been thinking of you often. Our repairs are just for regular wear and tear, and certainly nowhere near the cost of your repairs, but when you weren't expecting it, and hadn't budgeted for it, it can be a shocker. Needless to say, we are going to be changing a lot of our spending habits for the long term, and pulling back for a restrained Christmas. I expect each of our families will be reminded this year that it is not material things that make a Christmas - it is having each other. I have already been talking to the kids about the things that I am looking forward to this Christmas - having long leisurely breakfasts together, going outside for long nature walks, and having family boardgame matches. You know, the things that don't actually cost us anything, but end up being the most valuable.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter