We're Dreaming of a WL Christmas! DEC 2010 INTERACTIVE PTR NEW: 12/9 BYE-BYE!

OMG I'm so sorry this is happening to you and your family! I've never heard of Chinese dry wall...how did you even find out about it? :eek: Is it something used in newer homes or old ones? I can't believe there is nothing you can do with your insurance company, that's insane. Sending you pixie dust, I hope everything turns out ok! :goodvibes

I'm glad you are not canceling your trip, it sounds like you could all use a break! :hug:

So happy you are still able to go on your trip!! It is more desired and deserved now than ever to forget about all the happenings for a little bit!!:hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about the dry wall. We have it bad in our area too so I know how bad it is. My house doesn't have it, thank goodness, but I know enough people who do. I'll be praying for you.
I'm so happy you still get to take your trip. You all deserve it so much.:goodvibes
I started a new PTR a few months ago. I'm not sure if you know about it, the link is in my sigg.:goodvibes

What rotten news! Boo to your contractor and the drywall manufacturer. So sorry to hear it.

YES! It is horrible. But at least we have Disney! I will keep you updated on our progress with the house.

:eek: Oh my goodness! That's the entire cost of my house!!!

I'm glad you're still able to go and hope the trip brings you the relief you need! (And I have a Dining Report link in my signature, I'm still going on the PTR!)

haha good point! It is a very large cost. But, it has to be done or foreclosure starts. Can you believe it?! Can't wait to catch up on all of your FUN reports!

Katie, I am speechless. That is just terrible-- someone must be made responsible! Like you said, you and your family are the victims! I will pray that a conclusion will be reached in the not TOO distant future! :hug:
Like you said, at least you and your children will be able to enjoy the memories of this trip! You all definitely deserve it!! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

Thank you! I totally agree. I can't believe how "silent" this situation is. Not many people know that it will affect 7,000 families nation wide! YES! We NEED this trip!! Thanks for the support my friend :hug:

Oh no! I am so sorry this has happened to you and your family. I think it is so unfair that the burden has fallen onto your family. Someone needs to be responsible. I will pray that there is a quick resolve and the drywall people are forced to make good soon!

I am so glad to you are able to keep your trip. It will give you a much needed break in the chaos that has become life.

Oh my gosh, Katie! I cannot believe what a mess you've got - and even worse, that the insurance company won't pay for it! :eek: I've been wondering how you had been doing (I still haven't reactivated my FB since before going to Italy). I was hoping you were busy doing fun things! I'm so so sorry you're having to deal with this. :hug:

But, I am so happy for you and your family that you are not canceling your vacation. It sounds like you really need one! While I was in Italy Miguel ended up in the hospital and let's just say the hospital bills have not been fun. I thought for a second about canceling too, but thinking about all of those memories we would miss out on making at Disney helped me to realize it's absolutely worth it to go. I'm so glad you came to the same conclusion. :goodvibes

Wow! I'm so sorry to hear about this! I can't even imagine how stressful it has been and will continue to be:hug: I'm so glad you can still go on your trip and enjoy the time away from it all!

Hi Katie,
So sorry about your house :sad2: that is just awful new. I have read about chinese drywall before as we were looking at homes in Florida and they have some problems there with it too. I hope you are compensated for all of this soon. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Happy though that your in a safe house now and that you are still going to Disney :yay:. It will be great for the whole family to get away and make memories.

Katie, i am so so sorry for the drywall problems.......i hate that there are these kind of people in the world, willing to make a buck at someone else's expense or health. I hope you get rebuilt quickly and back to regular life, but i know it will take time. and although i know court battles can takes years (my mom is still being called from time to time on a court case that is over 8 years old), but in time, hopefully you will get what you deserve and much much more. i just hate that no one can help you in the meantime, it isn't like you can wait to fix the problem. i hate that for you. feel free to vent to us anytime!! i can understand how coming to the dis would be hard with the thought you might have to cancel.......but i am glad you are not and your family is still excited and supportive. You DESERVE a break and a magical trip for sure!!!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Katie that's incredible, I hadn't heard about it before. I'm so glad you're family is now safe but flabbergasted at the extent you've been affected. :eek: Sending you all hugs :hug: and prayers for a speedy resolution. Everyone is healthy?

I'm so glad you didn't have to cancel your trip. Your vacation is definately well deserved and the planning a great way to stay busy. :goodvibes

I am very surprised how many people have not heard of it before! We mainly got it here right after Hurricane Katrina. Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement! Yes, everyone is feeling fine.

I am SO happy to be going to WDW too!! Can't wait to share more with ya :goodvibes

Can you please tell me how to create an index on a trip report using posts from within your thread (like in your post #1). For the life of me, I can't figure it out.

Thank you in advance! :flower3:

:goodvibes Jennifer

Sure! I will send you a message about it.

:eek: I'm sooo sorry to hear about your home :sad2: I've not heard of that dry wall before.. sometimes homes in England have asbestos in the insulation which causes health problems :sad2:

But... sooo glad you are still going to WDW!! :woohoo: It's 53 days to go!

Emma princess: x

Thanks, Emma! Chinese Drywall mainly affected the Gulf South in the states. We got it shipped in after hurricane katrina. I know you guys have battled asbestos and that is SO sad. It is all horrible!

YES! Excited about your trip?:santa:

Oh my, that's terrible. :hug:
I've never heard of that type of thing before.

I'm glad you didn't have to cancel your trip, I was afraid you were going to have to at first! How exciting, so close to Disney :-)

Thank you!! I am still catching up on your TR (more reading tonight!). I appreciate the kind words---we are SO excited about our trip :woohoo:

Oh Katie!! I'm so sorry that you're going through this right now! These are the times that build our character and bring us closer to God. Only He can supply all of our needs and it's amazing to sit back and watch Him do just that!! :hug: I'm so glad to hear that your trip is still on! I know I've been away from the DIS for awhile but it will be great planning together these next 2 months! Praying for you!! :goodvibes

Thank you for the amazing words, Becky :hug: I agree that it is all in his hands. Planning will help keep my mind off of things. Can't wait to see what you have planned too!! Getting my sketches together this weekend for the kid's clothes. Any thought to what you are going to do? I am making us something like you had last year (with the Mommy Claus). It is coming out cute!

OMG I'm so sorry this is happening to you and your family! I've never heard of Chinese dry wall...how did you even find out about it? :eek: Is it something used in newer homes or old ones? I can't believe there is nothing you can do with your insurance company, that's insane. Sending you pixie dust, I hope everything turns out ok! :goodvibes

I'm glad you are not canceling your trip, it sounds like you could all use a break! :hug:

There are signs such as a smell, appliance failure, air conditioning failure, etc. We have lots of it in the area because of hurricane katrina (there was a drywall shortage after with all of the re-building). The insurance company keeps fighting it because it is fairly new to the area. I am hoping it all gets smoothed out in the end!

I DO need a HUGE break!!!!

So happy you are still able to go on your trip!! It is more desired and deserved now than ever to forget about all the happenings for a little bit!!:hug:

Thank you!!! It is so great to know that Disney can get you through the good AND the bad. :goodvibes

Oh my goodness! So happy the trip is still on for you!

Thank you so much!

I'm so sorry to hear about the dry wall. We have it bad in our area too so I know how bad it is. My house doesn't have it, thank goodness, but I know enough people who do. I'll be praying for you.
I'm so happy you still get to take your trip. You all deserve it so much.:goodvibes
I started a new PTR a few months ago. I'm not sure if you know about it, the link is in my sigg.:goodvibes

YES! Florida is just as bad as LA. I am so happy you do not have it and I appreciate the prayers so much! I am totally going to catch up on your PTR tonight!! It is a pajama sushi type of night...ALLL night long DIS! :goodvibes

Oh no! I am so sorry this has happened to you and your family. I think it is so unfair that the burden has fallen onto your family. Someone needs to be responsible. I will pray that there is a quick resolve and the drywall people are forced to make good soon!

I am so glad to you are able to keep your trip. It will give you a much needed break in the chaos that has become life.

Thank you! I agree---we were SHOCKED that there has been nothing done. I hope for a smooth finish as well.

I appreciate all of your kind words :goodvibes

Big hugs and prayers for you!!! :hug: I am so glad the trip is still on for you!

Thank you!! Enjoying catching up on your trip!

Oh my gosh, Katie! I cannot believe what a mess you've got - and even worse, that the insurance company won't pay for it! :eek: I've been wondering how you had been doing (I still haven't reactivated my FB since before going to Italy). I was hoping you were busy doing fun things! I'm so so sorry you're having to deal with this. :hug:

But, I am so happy for you and your family that you are not canceling your vacation. It sounds like you really need one! While I was in Italy Miguel ended up in the hospital and let's just say the hospital bills have not been fun. I thought for a second about canceling too, but thinking about all of those memories we would miss out on making at Disney helped me to realize it's absolutely worth it to go. I'm so glad you came to the same conclusion. :goodvibes

OH I wondered why you were not on facebook! I know, isn't it just crazy? I am hoping that there is something that can be done.

I hope Miguel did not have anything serious!? How awful being so far from him while he was sick. I hope all is well now. I TOTALLY agree about your last statement!! Sometimes bad things happening lead to an even better and more joyful trip to WDW!

Wow! I'm so sorry to hear about this! I can't even imagine how stressful it has been and will continue to be:hug: I'm so glad you can still go on your trip and enjoy the time away from it all!

Thank you!! We are very, very blessed to still be going. I am over the moon!

Hi Katie,
So sorry about your house :sad2: that is just awful new. I have read about chinese drywall before as we were looking at homes in Florida and they have some problems there with it too. I hope you are compensated for all of this soon. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Happy though that your in a safe house now and that you are still going to Disney :yay:. It will be great for the whole family to get away and make memories.

Thanks Nichole! Yes, Florida has it really bad too. We got it mainly after Hurricane Katrina. Yes, we are soooo looking forward to our trip! I see that you are brainstorming another trip. When will you go back?

Thank you ALL for the tremendous support during our difficult time! We are really feeling all of the prayers---THANK YOU!! :grouphug:

After letting you know about the absolutely horrible luck I have been having, things turned around. Small good things have happened to me all week. Let me fill you in---

I was feeling sick with a sinus infection :sick: (ok, not the GOOD thing I was talking about). SO, I decided to spend all day Sunday in bed and on the computer catching up with DIS and blogs I follow.

I entered a contest on facebook for a set of vintage D23 postcards. We had to list our favorite WDW ride. Well, I got a message the next day that I had won! :woohoo: Pics to come when I get them in the mail!!

I decided to enter another random contest through CMT on twitter for a signed copy of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader’s group photo. My daughter and I love to watch their reality show on CMT (Friday nights). I have never entered an twitter contest before but, I was sick and bored so I went for it.

Guess what? I won!

pht_2007squad.jpg

After that I tried my luck in a contest through a blogger I follow. She was giving away the following Hungry Jack products along with a $10 gift card—

hungry20jack20buttermilk20and20pancake20mix2032oz.jpg

Guess what? Yup! I won again!! :yay:

So, I was on my way to teach the following day and I stopped for gas. Remembering back to all of the luck I was having, I decided to buy my first ever Lottery Scratch-off.

lotto.gif

I purchased it and got in my car----scratched away---and won $20!!! :banana:

SO---my husband is convinced that I need to buy a Powerball and try to win BIG! It has been a nice change of luck after a rough few months.

UP NEXT: Sneak peek at what I have in store for the kid’s customs and a few fun shopping trips!

Glad to hear you've had some good luck to help cheer you through the difficult times. Thinking of you!

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter