Well, this trip was....different. UPDATE - 9/1!

I was going to say I was sorry about your sweater but you found it! :cool1: Once I left my two favorite shirts at a hotel & never got them back. Glad it turned up!

Don't kids need to use the bathroom at the most inconvenient times? It's a gift. It never fails that ours will need a bathroom break on the one stretch of road where there is NOTHING. It's always when we start looking for something to eat too.

I love the pics of Reid! You can just see him getting more & more excited. I tear up every time we get to the World too.:goodvibes

WWoS sounds a little crazy. You would think they would hand you all your stuff at once just to keep the people moving. Oh well, glad you were able to keep Reid happy with yogurt!

Folks.....I've had a miracle or some pixie dust or something come my way!!

Ed just called me from his office. He said, "Guess what I found?"

Me, "I don't know. What?"

Him, "Your LSU sweater."

Me, "WHAT?!? WHERE?!?"

Him, "My work backpack. In a compartment I barely use. I don't even know what I was looking for when I opened it up just now."

I am beyond excited!!!! I must have just stuffed it in there when we were leaving Tallahassee that Friday morning. I don't even know why I would do such a thing. I'm telling y'all - I was really running on fumes & excitement.

But, I'm getting my sweater tonight when he gets home. Or maybe he'll come home for lunch & I can wash it.

I can't even begin to tell y'all how happy I am. Yes, I know it's just a sweatshirt. But, it's my comfort sweatshirt. :goodvibes

I totally understand the comfort item thing. I'd go mad if I lost mine.
Glad you found your sweatshirt.

Luvin the update. Yay you made it to Disney :)

Isn't it funny how some things just turn up like that. It just brings a little bit more magic your way. Hooray for finding your sweater. I have a favorite from high school still that I refuse to get rid of, so I completely understand the comfort thing. :cool1:

I can't believe that your sweatshirt turned up, must be Disney magic on a delayed reaction!

I understood your dismay, I lost a beloved college sweatshirt once, and I've never been able to find a suitable replacement. There is just something about well broken in sweatshirts that is difficult to replicate!

Anyway, Glad you guys managed to get everything for the race without a meltdown. Yogurt to the rescue!

The pics of Reid wearing his mickey ears are just priceless, you can tell he was so happy to arrive. I only wish I could get Everett to wear his! Oh well, I'll just make baby #2 wear them, he'll be too little to protest! :rotfl2:

Glad your DH saved the day!!!:goodvibes I just love seeing all your pics of Reid, he is just sooooo cute!! Patiently waiting for more!:surfweb:

Ahhh, Reid looked so excited!!! I can totally relate!! :goodvibes So cute!! YAY for finally making it!!! Sorry, the ESPN WWoS was so busy! Lines are never fun, and I can totally understand Reid's frustration- yogurt is a perfect fix! :thumbsup2

I am so glad your have your sweatshirt back! I think everyone has that one piece of comfy clothing that they just can't live without!

Reid's face is priceless upon your Disney approach! He looks so ecstatic!

It would make more sense for the shirts to be with the bib pick up.. :confused3 Thankfully there was yogurt to the rescue to keep away any meltdowns!

I didn't know they had a 5k race that weekend too. Looking forward to hearing how you liked the race.

OMG Amanda pixiedust: That's fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe what he was telling me! I was so happy you could have sworn I had won a million dollars! :rotfl:

YAY for finding your sweater !!

Indeed! I've never been so excited over a sweater before. :rotfl2:

I was going to say I was sorry about your sweater but you found it! Once I left my two favorite shirts at a hotel & never got them back. Glad it turned up!

Thanks! I have been so heartbroken over that sweater. I'm just kicking myself for never looking in his work backpack. :mad:

Don't kids need to use the bathroom at the most inconvenient times? It's a gift. It never fails that ours will need a bathroom break on the one stretch of road where there is NOTHING. It's always when we start looking for something to eat too.

Right?!? It's like they know it's the worst time possible. :headache: Thank goodness the toll booth plaza had a bathroom right there. Otherwise, he would have had to just go on the side of the road. And let me tell you, my son would not have been ok with that. :rotfl:

I love the pics of Reid! You can just see him getting more & more excited. I tear up every time we get to the World too.:goodvibes

Thank you!! We were getting so excited & squealing. Ed was just laughing at us.

WWoS sounds a little crazy. You would think they would hand you all your stuff at once just to keep the people moving. Oh well, glad you were able to keep Reid happy with yogurt!

It was hectic for sure. I was really thankful for the yogurt being handed out. It truly helped Reid get in a little better mood.

I totally understand the comfort item thing. I'd go mad if I lost mine.
Glad you found your sweatshirt.

Thank you! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has a comfort item. :goodvibes

Luvin the update. Yay you made it to Disney

Thanks!!

Isn't it funny how some things just turn up like that. It just brings a little bit more magic your way. Hooray for finding your sweater. I have a favorite from high school still that I refuse to get rid of, so I completely understand the comfort thing. :cool1:

I still can't believe that it turned up! Now I just need to wash it so I can wear it & feel all cozy. :rotfl:

It's a sweatshirt miracle!!! :rotfl: That's awesome that it was found!

Isn't it though?!? I just really feel like a moron for never checking his work backpack. I just would have never in a million years thought I would put anything of mine in there. I don't touch that backpack. Ed said he might have done it. Really neither of us can remember who put the sweatshirt there. :confused3 Maybe it was Reid.....he does like to push my buttons. :lmao:

I can't believe that your sweatshirt turned up, must be Disney magic on a delayed reaction!

And to think Ed worked all last week and never opened up that section of the backpack. He normally keeps these work overalls in there, in case he has to go offshore to an oil rig. I guess maybe he thought the extra weight was the overalls & must have forget that he had taken them out before vacation. :confused3

I understood your dismay, I lost a beloved college sweatshirt once, and I've never been able to find a suitable replacement. There is just something about well broken in sweatshirts that is difficult to replicate!

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about a sweatshirt. I truly contemplated leaving it out of my TR because I thought y'all may think I was crazy for being so heartbroken over a sweatshirt. :rotfl: I should have known better and known that y'all would get it.

Anyway, Glad you guys managed to get everything for the race without a meltdown. Yogurt to the rescue!

I truly thought either Reid or myself was going to have a meltdown in that place. It was so busy, people walking into us constantly, Reid threw a fit because he didn't want to hold my hand. I was like, "Uh you're holding a hand so you don't get lost in this sea of people." That was the 1st time during the trip I had to threaten him with a timeout in Disney. Thankfully, he chose to just hold my hand.

I have never been so happy to get a container of yogurt in all my life. It completely changed his mood......at least for the time being. :rolleyes1

The pics of Reid wearing his mickey ears are just priceless, you can tell he was so happy to arrive. I only wish I could get Everett to wear his! Oh well, I'll just make baby #2 wear them, he'll be too little to protest! :rotfl2:

Thank you! Unfortunately, I believe that was the only time he wore them on this trip. I would bring them to the park everyday but he never wanted to wear them. If he did, it was extremely brief.

Glad your DH saved the day!!!:goodvibes I just love seeing all your pics of Reid, he is just sooooo cute!! Patiently waiting for more!:surfweb:

Thank you!! I'm going to try to do another update soon.....within the next couple of days.

Ahhh, Reid looked so excited!!! I can totally relate!! So cute!! YAY for finally making it!!! Sorry, the ESPN WWoS was so busy! Lines are never fun, and I can totally understand Reid's frustration- yogurt is a perfect fix! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! Although it wasn't too fun to deal with I could understand his frustration - he was getting hungry & a Fitness Expo isn't too exciting to a 4 year old. It's not all that exciting to me either. :rotfl2:

I am so glad your have your sweatshirt back! I think everyone has that one piece of comfy clothing that they just can't live without!

Thank you!! I'm so happy knowing I don't have to go out & find another cozy sweater.

Reid's face is priceless upon your Disney approach! He looks so ecstatic!

Awww....thanks! You know what's bad? I almost forgot to take a picture of his reaction because I was so busy being overly excited. :lmao: Thankfully, Ed reminded me that I may want a picture of our child being excited. :rotfl2:

It would make more sense for the shirts to be with the bib pick up.. :confused3 Thankfully there was yogurt to the rescue to keep away any meltdowns!

Who knew a little old thing of yogurt could prevent a meltdown? :confused3

I didn't know they had a 5k race that weekend too. Looking forward to hearing how you liked the race.

You won't have to wait too terribly long for the 5K update. It will show up in about 3 or so updates from now.

Yay for making it to WDW!!!!:cool1: How many pictures do all the diehard Disney fans have of the infamous sign??!! Every time we go, I make Bill slow down to get yet another picture :upsidedow Luckily, he's use to it. So yall stayed at OKW, right?! I'm ready to hear all the details...popcorn::...good and bad. Hopefully more good!! And lots of pictures, right?;)

Heather

Yay for making it to WDW!!!!:cool1: How many pictures do all the diehard Disney fans have of the infamous sign??!! Every time we go, I make Bill slow down to get yet another picture :upsidedow Luckily, he's use to it. So yall stayed at OKW, right?! I'm ready to hear all the details...popcorn::...good and bad. Hopefully more good!! And lots of pictures, right?;)

Heather

:grouphug:

Me too,me too, me too :cheer2:

If you want to take a peek at my TR (linked in my signature), the last update has some room pictures at OKW (there will be more later). Although we had a less than magical check-in, it is my third stay there and I love it.

If you want to take a peek at my TR (linked in my signature), the last update has some room pictures at OKW (there will be more later). Although we had a less than magical check-in, it is my third stay there and I love it.

Thanks!! I'll check it out right now!!!

Heather

It's the best sign ever! You can never have too many pictures of it!

We actually stayed our first 2 nights at Beach Club. Then, we moved to OKW for 7 nights.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:for the missing sweatshirt reappearing....so happy for you.

Thank you!! I was so happy to get it back....and I'm wearing it right now!! :goodvibes

I have been moving and i so missed this but better late than never I guess. Has reid like grown 5 inches. :rotfl: Most likely not. I see you lost but found your favorite sweater. :goodvibes The sign is great and i guess they got tired of so many people stopping for a picture so they put those keep moving signs up but we still always slow down!

I have been moving and i so missed this but better late than never I guess. Has reid like grown 5 inches. :rotfl: Most likely not. I see you lost but found your favorite sweater. :goodvibes The sign is great and i guess they got tired of so many people stopping for a picture so they put those keep moving signs up but we still always slow down!

Hi there! :wave2: So glad to have you here!

I feel like Reid has grown so much! I swear he had a burst over the summer. It probably won't be long before he's as tall as me. Not that it would take much. :lmao:

I was so excited that Ed found my sweater!

Oh yeah....those "keep moving signs" are everywhere. Ed was constantly telling me that I needed to hurry up & get my picture because he needed to "keep moving". :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter