Welcome to WISH-topia! March 2017 WISH Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

QOTD: Aside from this group, this is a missing for me. I plan on working with the Nutritionist I saw before, but am waiting until she puts together another group series, so that this gap is filled. She'll be part of the showing of 'Embrace' I'm going to later this month, so I'll chat with her there and possibly connect with some others attending the viewing. At the very least I'd love to have a local walking/hiking partner.

I did well last night, getting things taken care of instead of just curling up on the couch, baby steps. One of the things I had to do was make something for our monthly office pot-luck today. I didn't do anything healthy, as I made some Orange Creamcicle Fluff: Orange Jell-O, Vanilla Pudding, Cool-whip, Mandarin Orange slices and Marshmallows... the quintessential 60's comfort dessert, and unfortunately it's really, really good. And I got enough supplies to make another batch for the party Saturday... oh boy.

Who's your partner/tribe/good vibe sender when it comes to healthy lifestyle choices?

This is an interesting one for me as I really don't have someone who fully supports me in real life. I have one friend who is into the healthy lifestyle scene but we disagree as to how that is done. I tend to go with a style that I can do in the real world with out having to use any math. The club sewing leader is supportive and even helps me with altering my clothes as needed. I don't get the should you be eating this when I have what some would consider not allowed ever treat like a chocolate bar once every 4-6 weeks. Back the blank off people it's one little chocolate bar in the course of a period of time just because I am over weight does not mean I can't have one once in a while. Your getting on me is what leads to people like me to sneak food because we don't want to hear it.

Who's your partner/tribe/good vibe sender when it comes to healthy lifestyle choices?

Like a couple of others, I'm pretty much on my own out here. I have this awesome group which is great but pretty much no one else in my life encourages my healthy lifestyle. One coworker is supportive of exercising but encourages terrible eating. My BFF is always my cheerleader but then also definitely doesn't stop me from eating bad.

Ugh. Bad evening here. Kept snacking chocolate... well, tomorrow will hopefully start with a run!

QOTD:

I think I am pretty good at doing that healthy living thing on my own, but I think my strongest supporter is my BF. He struggles with weight issues, too, and he is always extremely supportive, but also good at kicking my butt when I need it. The great thing about him is that he is never judgemental. I had one relationship where I was constantly told what I needed to do to be pretty enough for him (yes, I was young, I should have run far earlier than I did). And that just does not help at all. It is not that we constantly talk about my weight loss and exercise, but it is just great to have him there to back me up when I need it. He also loves it when I cook healthy food as it helps him as well.

My husband. He is trying to lose weight too. He is charge of cooking throughout the week so he always cooks healthy. He does not push me to work out but will always ask if i am going.

How about an early Woohoo for the supportive men in your two's life! :-) That's great!

Aside from this group, this is a missing for me. I plan on working with the Nutritionist I saw before, but am waiting until she puts together another group series, so that this gap is filled. She'll be part of the showing of 'Embrace' I'm going to later this month, so I'll chat with her there and possibly connect with some others attending the viewing. At the very least I'd love to have a local walking/hiking partner.

That's neat that you're going to an Embrace showing. I keep checking in my area, but none so far. Which is weird because I totally thought somewhere near Miami would have one!

The club sewing leader is supportive and even helps me with altering my clothes as needed. I don't get the should you be eating this when I have what some would consider not allowed ever treat like a chocolate bar once every 4-6 weeks.

At least for me, I would agree that a treat ever now and again helps you keep it up-- quitting some of your favorite things cold turkey forever is too daunting!

Like a couple of others, I'm pretty much on my own out here. I have this awesome group which is great but pretty much no one else in my life encourages my healthy lifestyle. One coworker is supportive of exercising but encourages terrible eating. My BFF is always my cheerleader but then also definitely doesn't stop me from eating bad.

Glad to hear you have some exercising cheerleaders at least :-)

--------------------------

As for me... well DH is on and off. It drives me crazy. LOL We are finally in a groove where we are mainly doing our own thing. For a while we were tryign to do everything together like the newlyweds we were. But that has since rubbed off, and I go work out alone and do my meal plan leaving him to find for himself for lunch and some dinners. Other than that though, I don't really have others. The other active people in my family /friend group are too extreme (100 mile racers sort of thing -- not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that--- it's just intimidating to me and soooo not on my level right now!).

So, my health tribe is this group! And I am so thankful for that!

I'd say you guys are my biggest support as well as others have said. DH is supportive, but he's never had a weight problem and he's never been judgemental of mine, which is a wonderful thing! I tend to get defensive when we talk about it, so we really just don't talk about it much. But, he eats whatever I make for supper without complaining at all which is very helpful!

Woohoo Wednesday - March 22

tumblr_o29aogb1xW1sj5h4oo1_r1_500.gif

:banana:What are you WooHoo-ing today?!:banana:

My WooHoo today is that my daughter is feeling better today. She was good to go with out motrin for now and only take it as needed today. Her mouth looks much better but the bruising on her face is really starting to show. It starts from just below her eye all the way down her cheek to the bottom of her chin. I am just glad it is healing quickly.

Ah, here we are at Wednesday again. My big woohoo is that I have now gone three days straight of remembering to take my thyroid stuff twice a day and it is starting to help. Unfortunately yesterday I ate something at the team potluck that totally wiped me out. Last evening I fell asleep on the sofa while watching the news so nothing got done, and I'm still feeling a bit rummy this morning. I know several dishes had eggs and/or chicken in them, which I tried to avoid but evidently not with good result.

Another woohoo... I'm starting to get excited about going to Texas, really excited. It is still cold and wet here so thinking about heading to some sun and warmth makes my body very happy. I was watching Fixer Upper last night and got a tad bit giddy whenever they did the scenic lead-in shots. One of the things we're going to do is to drive down to Waco and visit the Silo's - on a day they are open this time. It's just three weeks off now, time to start packing :).

And my overall mood and mental state is starting to lift a bit. I've been paying close attention when I start to slide down the rabbit hole and stopping to take some deep breaths and consciously alter my thoughts.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

I have to agree with everyone who said this group is my tribe when it comes to being healthy. DH is so supportive but he has never struggled with weight so I don't feel like he can relate to me. Plus he is always trying to please me like when I have a moment of weakness and want a candy bar he will go out and get it. I can't get mad mad at him because he means well.

My woohoo for this Wednesday is we are going New Orleans for the first time on Friday and I am soooo excited!

I did 10 minutes of walking around my house last night. Not counting any laps since it was mainly gathering up laundry and moving it to the washer during which I would march in place. I also could not find my socks that don't fall down around the middle of my foot so was going a bit slower than normal to prevent that issue. I think I am pushing it a bit on my weight limit so am holding off on doing weights until I can get some 1 or 2 pound weights for some of the exercises.

WooHoo Wednesday - I guess my WooHoo would be that we are booking our summer vacation this week! We finally found a week that everyone can go. I know we're getting closer to the time when we won't all be able to go - the girls will have summer jobs/internships that they won't be able to / want to take a week away from. So, I'm cherishing the ones that we get! We used to do long weekend trips a few times a year, but this past year with both girls gone, we haven't even been able to do those. I'm hoping to get one in over the summer even though it will be close to our "big" vacation. We'll see though!

My husband is very supportive of the physical activity side and agrees to do whatever race I've signed him up to do but I've learned long ago not to mention anything about my eating or weight. If I told him I was trying to eat healthy or lose weight he would side eye everything I ate and come at me with the "should you really be eating that?" which drove me nuts. In his mind he was trying to help me but I would get angry because I already knew I was making a poor choice.

What are you WooHoo-ing today?!

Finally got my daughter out with me for 3 miles last night. We did 30 sec of running with 1 minute of walking which I was fine with since she never runs and has asthma. She got a little whiny at the end but she hung in there. I did find out she didn't eat much and didn't bring the inhaler so I'm hoping it will go even better on Thurs. after I make sure she eats and uses the inhaler.

Woohoo Wednesday - March 22

:banana:What are you WooHoo-ing today?!:banana:

Hey friends.... sorry to be gone so long. My WOOHOO for today is that last night's WW meeting was great! Everyone seemed to really be excited to talk about the topic and do a lot of sharing! Hoping that tomorrow night's meeting will be just as lively!

No excuses, just haven't been good about making daily posting a priority! It seems like I am doing a lot of NOTHING, but I feel so busy!

Eating is finally back on track so I am hoping to NOT end the month with a gain.... but I don't anticipate a loss either.

I accidentally set off the school panic alarm at the end of the day today, so I'm off to make cookies to bring to the office staff tomorrow as an apology. I feel like an idiot, but I would think after working there for 12 years and being in the office on a regular basis for over a year now, someone might have told me exactly what that box/button was!!! I barely touched it and..... OOPS!!

Dinner is about ready.... just needs to get popped into the oven (low carb shepherd's pie.... DH liked it so much last week when I made it, I thought I'd make it for him again). Then I have a few hours of online WW scheduled and then I can relax a bit with Survivor!

TTY again soon!......................P

Awesome woohoos! :-)

I'm starting to get excited about going to Texas, really excited. It is still cold and wet here so thinking about heading to some sun and warmth makes my body very happy. I was watching Fixer Upper last night and got a tad bit giddy whenever they did the scenic lead-in shots.

My woohoo for this Wednesday is we are going New Orleans for the first time on Friday and I am soooo excited!

Trips are so exciting! Woohoo!

I accidentally set off the school panic alarm at the end of the day today, so I'm off to make cookies to bring to the office staff tomorrow as an apology. I feel like an idiot, but I would think after working there for 12 years and being in the office on a regular basis for over a year now, someone might have told me exactly what that box/button was!!! I barely touched it and..... OOPS!!

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry but I had to giggle at this. Only because I identify being that I have put our store into panic mode TOO many times! The first time, I hit the 1 twice after dialing 9 to get out. Guess what? The police come even if you accidentally hit 911 and hang up real quick thinking that the call didn't even have time to go through. I finally realized that I was dialing 9, then 1 because I knew it was going to be long distance, checking the number, then hitting the 1 again as a reflex to start dialing a long distance number.... I'm a mess. On my second time doing this, we finally changed the number to 6 to dial out :rotfl: Months pass and THEN the alarm company called us up asking if we were ok, turns out I had hit the panic button without even realizing it while talking to a customer. I even knew where it was, but I guess I can be absent minded. And even a few months later, my hand grazed it absentmindedly and I freaked out thinking I had done it again.... Luckily, I hadn't pressed hard enough to get the call.... but yeah..... I felt awful. Didn't bake the staff cookies -- though I certainly owe them LOL I am officially the girl that accidentally cries wolf around here!

---------

:cool1: I am woohooing that I won the lottery to get discounted tickets to see "Something Rotten" tonight by one of the Broadway touring companies that come to our area! So excited!!!!!!

Got in 30 minutes of walking around my yard keeping an eye on things and occasionally chasing a mini lop with attitude names Simply Sinful. She is technically belongs to 9 year old but scratches even me if she does not get her way. Picked her up out of the grass to go back in the cage. Adding into days and yesterday's walks I am up to 452 minutes for the month so far.
12 year old told DH that there are 2 more bunnies we are wanting to get and his answer was a dramatic Nooo. She also told him we want to get into breeding. Luckily for him our little shed area will only hold another 3 cages and after that we need to get the 2 single hutches we have rebuilt including getting them up off the ground.
12 year old has a tort dutch and is looking at a broken chinchilla mini rex and a netherland dwarf cross ( not sure what the father was need to ask all we know is he was an oops in a pet home).

I guess I posted my woohoo yesterday before the question: my run. Otherwise my day yesterday was rather blah...

Had a good start today with tracking breakfast and a healthy lunch (which I still need to track) of a spinach strudel with vegan cheese and a salad. The strudel part was not totally healthy (puff pastry, but with wholewheat flour), but delicious! And I still believe that my food has to be tasty AND healthy in order for me to keep losing weight.

Currently the weight losing is really not working out very well. The scale really does not like me (to be fair I do not give the scale a lot of opportunity to be friendly to me). I am not sure what my issue is at the moment. I think partly it is because I am just not feeling very well at the moment. I have some minor health issues that bother me (already working on them with my doctor) and also have quite a lot of personal stress. I am trying to adopt Dory's motto at least and try to "Just Keep Swimming". But ultimately I want more than that.

Sorry for being so whiney, but it does help to put it all down here. It does give me more energy to work with! I really need to make sure to come here more regularly again!!

Question of the Day - March 23

tumblr_o7irxt2PO21vnimlgo1_500.gif

tumblr_o7irxt2PO21vnimlgo3_500.gif

tumblr_o7irxt2PO21vnimlgo2_500.gif

Nick is feeling pretty snazzy with his sunglasses, police sticker,
and the glow of having just helped solve the missing mammal case.

What makes you feel snazzy?

A certain outfit? A new hair style? A feeling of an accomplishment?
D all of the above? Haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter