Welcome to the DIS Dads!!!!!

Hello, everyone. My name is Tim, and I am a Disney-holic. I'm not looking for any 12-step program, unless it's the last 12 steps that lead to the EPCOT turnstiles!

I have reviewed the criteria and, while so many apply to me, I would like to propose a slight amendment to #97. I have a standing deal with my wife that we can visit Disney MORE THAN ONCE every year as long as we DO NOT take the kids on one of the trips! Hey, they're teenagers and they still slow us down.

I'm already a member on Facebook. I can't believe it took me so long to get here, but I got here as quick as I could. Just in time to stand clear of the doors.

Hello, everyone. My name is Tim, and I am a Disney-holic. I'm not looking for any 12-step program, unless it's the last 12 steps that lead to the EPCOT turnstiles!

I have reviewed the criteria and, while so many apply to me, I would like to propose a slight amendment to #97. I have a standing deal with my wife that we can visit Disney MORE THAN ONCE every year as long as we DO NOT take the kids on one of the trips! Hey, they're teenagers and they still slow us down.

I'm already a member on Facebook. I can't believe it took me so long to get here, but I got here as quick as I could. Just in time to stand clear of the doors.

Welcome Tim :cool1: have you been on the main thread yet?

I can't believe I never found this before.....this is great!

The DIS Dad's Club Criteria:

Your passion for Disney equals that of a 7 year old kid.
You have a wife that thinks you are a big kid.
You get more excited than your kids when a trip to WDW is planned (or the excitement at least equals that of your kids).
You planned your next Disney trip the day after returning from Disney World.
Your eyes start to water with tears of joy when you see your kids having a great time at WDW (and you secretly try to dry your eyes).
Your portfolio includes stock in Disney.
You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).
You have Disney songs on your MP3 player.
You have Disney Fonts and Icons as well.
You have Disney knicknacks all over your "man cave/dude room/office."
You drink your coffee from one of your multiple Disney mugs.
You have an Animated Mickey Watch.
You have Goofy slippers, Mickey PJs and a lot of other Disney clothing.
You have Disney Character ties to wear (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc.).
You have a Disney background on your laptop with a count down calender on it.
All of your family photos seem to be taken at WDW.
You have a disney CD in your car or truck right now.
You have trivia contests in the car with your wife like "name all the attractions at Epcot going counter-clockwise."
When you and your wife are reading the DISboards she asks you "what is ToT, RnRR, EE and BTMRR, and you know the answers.
You sold your Disney stock so you could buy into the DVC.

I could naturally go on and on, like the rest of you!

Please count me in?

Except for 2 items, this list describes me exactly. Please let me join:woohoo:
Just went to facebook and joined the club there. this sounds great

I can't believe I have never stumbled upon the disdads before. This is awesome. I think I fit right in you wonderful club. My wife just recently told me that I have disney on the brain 24/7. Which is true. The disdads looks like an awesome forum to be involved in. I already have downloaded the lasted podcast and can't wait to listen.

I can't believe I have never stumbled upon the disdads before. This is awesome. I think I fit right in you wonderful club. My wife just recently told me that I have disney on the brain 24/7. Which is true. The disdads looks like an awesome forum to be involved in. I already have downloaded the lasted podcast and can't wait to listen.

:welcome: Nick. Make sure to post in the current DDC thread here - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2837904 - so that Emma's Dad sees your post and can assign you a member number.

Welcome!!!! :cool1:

:welcome: to the CLUB! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Originally Posted by W8n4night View Post
Married: 24 years and a bit
Family: DW (What ever number I'm told) DS 21, DS12
Work: Manager Prevention Services
Favorite Food: Prime Rib
Favorite Drink: Coffee, Pepsi and Single Malt
Hobbies:Golf, Cooking and all things Music and Movies

Well after looking at your list of posible qualifiers I think I fit, I stoped conting when I hit 10. I am a dad from Wisconsin I have traveled to Disney several times since 2008 (including DLR Dec 08, WDW Jan 11, WDW Nov 11, DLR Jan 12) and many times before that. We just closed on our first DVC contract and we have two trips planed this year one in Sept with my mother and one in November with my mother and grandparents. Then there is next year and the return to Disneyland to see Carsland. Well I hope you acept me and I can be all the member I can be.

Hi my name is Jason and I have a Disney adiction that work is getting in the way of.

Thank You

Oh and yes I got married at Broadwalk.

Well after looking at your list of posible qualifiers I think I fit, I stoped conting when I hit 10. I am a dad from Wisconsin I have traveled to Disney several times since 2008 (including DLR Dec 08, WDW Jan 11, WDW Nov 11, DLR Jan 12) and many times before that. We just closed on our first DVC contract and we have two trips planed this year one in Sept with my mother and one in November with my mother and grandparents. Then there is next year and the return to Disneyland to see Carsland. Well I hope you acept me and I can be all the member I can be.

Hi my name is Jason and I have a Disney adiction that work is getting in the way of.

Thank You

Oh and yes I got married at Broadwalk.

drippinwelcum.gif

I keep running in to Closed Threads, where do I post to get my number from Emmas Dad. if you could help that would be great.
Thanks for the great welcome, the dog is very cool.

My name is Daniel and I too am addicted to DW. I love taking my entire family to Disney, started doing it in 2006, and will continue to do so. My wife and I plan to retire from our professions after our boys grow up, move to Florida, and get jobs at DW.
My wife and I also have spent two of our last three anniversaries at DW and plan to take a Disney Cruise next year for our 25th.
We are just three long months away from returning to DW with the entire Ginger family including: my wife, 5 sons, 2 of my boys girlfriends, and first grandson. Its going to be a blast to introduce Disney to my grandson (2yoa) and his mom who has never, ever been at DW.
I believe that I am a total DIS dad and would like the privilege to become one of its distinctive members. :mickeyjum:donald:

My name is Josh and I believe that I fit the description of a Dis Dad. My passion started back in 1997.
I got married and got a son in the process, he was 10 and had never been to Disney. I had been twice as a child (73 and 78) and liked Disney but thought Bush Gardens (Williamsburg)was better. Back in the 70's it was only MK and River Country. I was raised on Disney movies and the last few seasons of 'The Wonderful World of Disney', WDW was fun but was part of a larger trip to FL that included other destinations.
The planning started that spring for a trip that summer and it was my job to handle it. Started looking at rooms and thought onsight sounded like fun so I booked POFQ. That's all the planning I did for that trip.
We arrived at POFQ that summer and something started to click. I bought tickets at check in and ended up with park hoppers with water parks. We went everywhere and did everything (and I didn't have to drive). Parks early in the morning, waterparks for the afternoon and back to the parks at night. We had a blast and bonded more as a 'new' family. I was addicted.
Upon returning I started lurking around Disney sites, planning the next trip. We vacation at other places but agree as a family that WDW is our favorite destination.
We just got back from a trip in March and are planning a trip for summer of 2013.

My name is Josh and I believe that I fit the description of a Dis Dad. My passion started back in 1997.
I got married and got a son in the process, he was 10 and had never been to Disney. I had been twice as a child (73 and 78) and liked Disney but thought Bush Gardens (Williamsburg)was better. Back in the 70's it was only MK and River Country. I was raised on Disney movies and the last few seasons of 'The Wonderful World of Disney', WDW was fun but was part of a larger trip to FL that included other destinations.
The planning started that spring for a trip that summer and it was my job to handle it. Started looking at rooms and thought onsight sounded like fun so I booked POFQ. That's all the planning I did for that trip.
We arrived at POFQ that summer and something started to click. I bought tickets at check in and ended up with park hoppers with water parks. We went everywhere and did everything (and I didn't have to drive). Parks early in the morning, waterparks for the afternoon and back to the parks at night. We had a blast and bonded more as a 'new' family. I was addicted.
Upon returning I started lurking around Disney sites, planning the next trip. We vacation at other places but agree as a family that WDW is our favorite destination.
We just got back from a trip in March and are planning a trip for summer of 2013.
Welcome Josh! Stop on over on the 'main' thread and say hi. Emma's Dad (Don) will be around shortly to assign you your DDC #!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2916764

My name is Daniel and I too am addicted to DW. I love taking my entire family to Disney, started doing it in 2006, and will continue to do so. My wife and I plan to retire from our professions after our boys grow up, move to Florida, and get jobs at DW.
My wife and I also have spent two of our last three anniversaries at DW and plan to take a Disney Cruise next year for our 25th.
We are just three long months away from returning to DW with the entire Ginger family including: my wife, 5 sons, 2 of my boys girlfriends, and first grandson. Its going to be a blast to introduce Disney to my grandson (2yoa) and his mom who has never, ever been at DW.
I believe that I am a total DIS dad and would like the privilege to become one of its distinctive members. :mickeyjum:donald:
:welcome: Daniel!!!!

Stop on over and introduce yourself on the main thread!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2916764

:wave2:Hello, Kevin here, Would love to join. A little about myself..... Moved to the Orlando area from Indiana in 2005. Thought it would be great to live and work at WDW. worked at MK for 5 months and realalized I just couldn't make it so I packed up the family and moved back to IN. I am on my second marrige I have a DD 18 and DS 6mos as of this post.... Yes I'm starting all over again. I'm 44 DW30, she doesn't get the Disney craziness that my DD and I share but she does go along with it

:wave2:Hello, Kevin here, Would love to join. A little about myself..... Moved to the Orlando area from Indiana in 2005. Thought it would be great to live and work at WDW. worked at MK for 5 months and realalized I just couldn't make it so I packed up the family and moved back to IN. I am on my second marrige I have a DD 18 and DS 6mos as of this post.... Yes I'm starting all over again. I'm 44 DW30, she doesn't get the Disney craziness that my DD and I share but she does go along with it

Welcome to the DISDads Kevin. Come on over the the Fatherthread and introduce yourself to the other Dads. Emma's Dad will give you your very own office members number!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter