Weird Dining Plan Question for the Experts

mello

DIS Veteran
Would it be possible to do something like this:

Book through AAA
Hotel for 14 nights (with AAA rate)
7 or maybe 10 day dining plan
MYW 10 day hopper/plus passes

I'm thinking one could do a 7 day package, upgrade the hopper tickets that come w/ the package, and then add extra hotel nights? How would that work with it being tied to the hotel? Would we have to check out and back in again, but not use the plan the second part of our stay, even if we had points left?

Now you're all thinking, "Why would anyone want to do that?"
Here's what I'm thinking. We would like to try out the dining plan, mainly for the character meals and nicer table service restaurants. But we don't necessarily care to eat that many counter meals - 7 to 10 of those would be more than enough since we're not big breakfast eaters anyway. Also, we'll have a 3yo who eats next to nothing, so we'll have lots of extra points. So I could see 7 days worth of points for a family of 5, 2 of which don't eat much, easily stretching for the amount of character and sit-down meals we would do. Does that make any sense at all?

Now that they have Magic Your Way tickets, they need to get Magic Your Way dining too, for a completely customizable vacation!

Thank you for all your help!
: ) melinda

It could be wrong but I have been told that the Dining plan is tied into your hotel stay. So if you stay 7 nights you have 7 days of the dining plan.

We have a AAA package for 7 nights at CSR with dining and tickets. and added on a seperate 2 night room only reservation at AKL, booked direct thru Disney.

We have been told that the dining plan is only good during our CSR stay, so we can not extend the 7 day dining over our 9 night stay.

If you made 2 seven-day ressies, your dining plan would end at midnight on the day of your check-out, so those next 7 days you would be on your own for dining.
However, You may want to consider making 3 seperate reservations in order to stretch the dining plan *a little*: Make the first night or two r/o, check out/in early the next morning, this way you can begin using the day's credits right away, do your 7-night stay --which gives you 8-days on the dining plan-- check out/in the 8th morning and you'll have until the end of the 8th day to use your points, stay the last few nights r/o.
The checking out/in doesn't take much--you're in the same resort, just make sure the ressies are linked and you'll get 9 days of dining out of the 7-night pkg.
I realize it's not much, but it may help a little.
--and here's an idea from that movie, Reality Bites: use your CS credits to pay for another family's meal and have them give YOU the cash they would have spent!! :teeth:

amyhwang said:
can you add dining to a discounted room reservation? I was told not.

You can keep your AAA discount on the room if you book with an AAA agent & still having the dining plan too.

Wow - VERY creative ideas! 9 days out of 7 wouldn't be bad at all. And using the CS credits that way - hilarious, but it just might work!

I keep saying this, but I'll say it again - there is so much to think about for one of these trips - it's a compulsive planner's dream come true lol!

rantnnravin said:
If you made 2 seven-day ressies, your dining plan would end at midnight on the day of your check-out, so those next 7 days you would be on your own for dining.
However, You may want to consider making 3 seperate reservations in order to stretch the dining plan *a little*: Make the first night or two r/o, check out/in early the next morning, this way you can begin using the day's credits right away, do your 7-night stay --which gives you 8-days on the dining plan-- check out/in the 8th morning and you'll have until the end of the 8th day to use your points, stay the last few nights r/o.
The checking out/in doesn't take much--you're in the same resort, just make sure the ressies are linked and you'll get 9 days of dining out of the 7-night pkg.
I realize it's not much, but it may help a little.
--and here's an idea from that movie, Reality Bites: use your CS credits to pay for another family's meal and have them give YOU the cash they would have spent!! :teeth:

amyhwang said:

I was able to apply my discounted room, and I made it a package.....

The only difference was... I was going to get my tickets through ticketmania, but opted to get them from Disney and added dining.
The only bad thing about the MYW, is that it does not work for those with AP or Resident passes. (It also will not work my next visit, because I am extending our 4 day passes to 7 day no expiration!)
Catrin

amyhwang said:

It's kind of wierd. I can get an AAA discount through Disney, but only on the room. I can get an AAA discount for the kit and kaboodle through AAA. You'd think Disney would make it possible to go through them for the package and save themselves the commission. But maybe they do that hoping you'll just book the package at full price rather than visit your AAA travel agent.

keep saying this, but I'll say it again - there is so much to think about for one of these trips - it's a compulsive planner's dream come true lol!

LMAO and they keep changing schedules, discounts, park hours, and everything else just so the compulsive planner can go through the whole thing again to his or her heart's content. By the time I get there, I'll have planned 20 trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter