Weight loss/maintenance/healthy living support chat

This is my 7th day no added sugar or flour (mostly, few tiny exceptions). I had one really tired & hungry day but I just ate more normal food and I think there is reduction in over all hunger and I don't crave junk at night

How is everyone else doing?

This is my 7th day no added sugar or flour (mostly, few tiny exceptions). I had one really tired & hungry day but I just ate more normal food and I think there is reduction in over all hunger and I don't crave junk at night

How is everyone else doing?

thats great, well done :)

I'm 5 weeks now on this low fat diet. The mornings are hard for me and I've worked out why. I've had to switch from my no added sugar slow release carbohydrate muesli at breakfast to low fat flakes which are high sugar. I now get mid morning munchies which I never did when I ate muesli. I have started eating low fat rich tea biscuits which I never ate before. I'm eating more jam as I have to have dry toast and bread and as I can't have chocolate and crisps I'm now eating more jellies. As a result my sugar intake has gone way up.

I had to go for a blood test this week so it will be interesting to see what my blood sugar levels are :cool2:

On the plus side I haven't had any stomach pain, as I've taken out as much dietary fat as I can

Badpinkthink, that's great that you have no more pain. Yes, a lot of added sugars will mess up your hunger levels but you can try to figure out how to manage that, getting the pain dealt with is huge win so well done!

By the end of 2019 I was around 170lbs but this year has been a mental health battle, especially over lockdown, which meant my weight rocketed to 220lbs! Slowly clawing back. Having been at a healthy weight in the past, I know my target is around 150lbs.

Rather than focusing on weight though, I'm trying to work on building healthy habits. I spent a month making it a challenge to get back into being more active, such as doing 5k walks every day, even if this is inside though better to get fresh air. I'm now trying to build in more structured fitness and eating plans. I consulted a nutritionist who gave me a plan that would ensure weightloss whilst also hitting some essential macros. Next month I'm planning a no-spend month (ordering in/eating crap is the main reason I put on this weight) so I'll be working on the healthy food I have in.

I have been on low/no added sugar and flour for about 12 days and I am really happy how it is going. When you cut/redus flour you cut crips, crackers, breads, cakes - so much quick foods.

I am just more satisfied my meal and I find it easier to moderate my portions!

well done, changing your diet and cutting out things is hard but 12 days is great. Keep going :)

I had a hospital checkup this week and they are pleased with my progress. I have now been unofficially scheduled for surgery in September, I just need to get the official hospital letter. It will be day surgery, and I will go home that evening. So just a few more weeks of this low fat diet. The doctor said that in October I can start eating normal again :)

That's fantastic, not that long to go

on not so positive note, I am sick again and waiting for results from cov19 test again so I can see doctor.

I am really disappointed I did not get test result, it looks like I am going to have to isolate for the weekend and I am nearly certain the test will be negative

But on the plus side I managed to stay on track this week, regardless of how poorly I felt. I sticked to my healthy meals, half plate vegetables, I did indoor walk videos and I didn't say to myself i am going to do better tomorrow

I am really disappointed I did not get test result, it looks like I am going to have to isolate for the weekend and I am nearly certain the test will be negative

But on the plus side I managed to stay on track this week, regardless of how poorly I felt. I sticked to my healthy meals, half plate vegetables, I did indoor walk videos and I didn't say to myself i am going to do better tomorrow

Ah crap, hang on in there.

You are doing great with the diet and exercise

Sorry about having to wait for the test, @HappyGrape. I do hope you figure out what’s really wrong.

And good for you for lots of veggies and still doing your walk videos!

Just back from a business lunch with a client. Gosh how I hate this diet. My client, who I haven't seen since March, as I have been working from home, booked a hotel conference room for the day and we had lunch in the hotel restaurant. Really nice food, on someone else's tab, and I couldn't eat most of the menu :( I came prepared wit my own salad and just ordered soup :( while my client had a grilled cheese sandwich with fries.

She was impressed though with my commitment and that I brought my salad.

Looking for support and found this group. I've really been struggling since Covid started. Over the weekend I found out that an old friend who was a big part of my life in my 20's & 30's passed away at the age of 58. Sudden heart attack. Starting today with a pledge to simply work on eating better this week and significantly cut down on my wine consumption.

Will check in and let you know how I'm doing -- thanks!

Looking for support and found this group. I've really been struggling since Covid started. Over the weekend I found out that an old friend who was a big part of my life in my 20's & 30's passed away at the age of 58. Sudden heart attack. Starting today with a pledge to simply work on eating better this week and significantly cut down on my wine consumption.

Welcome :) sorry about the loss of your friend. We all have different reasons for being here, so don't worry. The hardest part is the first few days, when you really crave your usual food. Stick with it, set goals , each day is a new day, so if you slip up today, start again tomorrow :)

Welcome :) sorry about the loss of your friend. We all have different reasons for being here, so don't worry. The hardest part is the first few days, when you really crave your usual food. Stick with it, set goals , each day is a new day, so if you slip up today, start again tomorrow :)
Appreciate your reply BadPinkTink. Yes, thank you, it was very sad to learn of my friends passing :sad: Quite the shock!

On the upside, I'm trying to keep my friends sudden death in prospective, work to be more grateful for the days I have, and live a better more focused happy life. Corny and cliché but it's how I'm feeling.

I agree with you that the hardest part is the first couple of days. The more I can move away from the bad habits the easier it is to live without them. For me, I'm getting back to WW (It has always worked for me) and I need to start walking again. So my goal for this week is to track my food and walk 3 times. That sounds super reasonable to me and a great start. Thank you again.

Reactions: Nox

My dad's heart attack was my wake up call.

2011, the day before his 58th birthday. Ended up in an emergency bypass surgery that he had only a 5-10% chance of surviving. I went and had my cholesterol levels checked a few weeks later, and they were atrocious - in my early 20s, the doctor was asking if I smoked because those numbers looked so bad. Nothing makes you face your mortality more than something terrible happening to someone you care about.

Eating better will do the most for you in terms of health risk. Of course, exercise is important, but what we eat will make us either healthier or sicker much faster than what we do. Take it a step at a time. One small change is better than no changes!

@BadPinkTink - good job on sticking with your plan.
@cmrdgrs welcome to the group, yes things like this can remind us to appreciate what we have. I am really sorry for your friend

I feel really content with my eating, limiting flour and added sugar cuts so much food - crackers, cakes, biscuits, bread. I still eat whole grain pasta but it takes some time - you don't just go in the kitchen and pick up some like you can with all the others. I have been 15 days like this, eating about 2000 calories a day so not little and have lost 3.6kg - 8 lbs! I hope my hunger will go down little more in time but for as long as I am losing weight I am not going to sweat it and will eat according to hunger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter