• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weeks after July 4th?

Moeluv4u7

Luv2CUSmile
What is this week like at the resorts and at the parks?

Should we expect heavy traffic at the parks and lighter at resorts or is it just a very busy time in general?

The week directly after July 4th is usually one of the slowest summer weeks. By don't be fooled into thinking the parks will be empty, they won't be. But so many people take their vacation the week of the 4th, that there is an "bounce" effect the following week.

I'm playing stupid here! If the 4th is on Saturday and I am arriving on the 8th, will it be crazy for the first few days and settle down over the weekend? OR will every one head home on the 5th?? Just trying to prepare my not so Disney family what they are in store for. My perception of crowded may be another's perception that it is empty! However, I've been at WDW over Easter - it was cheek to cheek down Main St., not shoulder to shoulder, but cheek to cheek!! Now that's crowded!

i was there last July 5-12. It was a little crowded at the parks, but nothing really horrendous. We used EMH mornings and evenings and made every RD before heading back to the hotel around noon for lunch, swims, rests. Then we showered and put on fresh clothes and went off to another park for the evening. EMH pm hours at MK on Sunday, the plae was empty. Walked on to Splash, Space, BTMRR, POTC. Even before the EMH started in was quiet. Jungle Cruise was almost a walk on at 6pm.

Contrast my recent (Dec 3-7) visit and EMHs were crazy. I blame the shorter park hours, and maybe ppl taking shorter vacations because of taking the kids out of school, but huge waits during EMH at Epcot, and MK.

We have planned July 12th thru the 18th- So a week after July 4th week-
I am just wondering if we are escaping huge crowds or if this is everyone else's thought process to go a week after everyone else so... it will be Everyone Else! at the parks-
Also, Resort wise, which is busier time frame the week of July 4th on or the week after- (July 12th on)?

I'm playing stupid here! If the 4th is on Saturday and I am arriving on the 8th, will it be crazy for the first few days and settle down over the weekend? OR will every one head home on the 5th?? Just trying to prepare my not so Disney family what they are in store for. My perception of crowded may be another's perception that it is empty! However, I've been at WDW over Easter - it was cheek to cheek down Main St., not shoulder to shoulder, but cheek to cheek!! Now that's crowded!

The week before July 4th will be busier, yes guests will be leaving on the 5th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter