wedding plans on hold :(

Hi there, your ideas and planning look great!

Please don't take this the wrong way but if someone is dictating what you decide to do because of their attitude and personal ideas then I would tell them to *&!£. It is your wedding, not theirs, and you should have exactly what you want. If they don't 'get it' and don't want to go then it is their loss. They should be happy for you and respect that it is personal for you, even if it isn't what they would have chosen.

I was married back in 1992 and most of the day ended up with what everyone else wanted for us, not what we wanted. Don't get me wrong, we had a fantastic day but the things that stick with me the most are the things I didn't want but went along with for my parents sake.

We are getting married at Disney next year and are doing it exactly the way we want. My Mom was very dubious at first (Mickey Mouse wedding in more sense than one - you know the sort of thing) but we have explained what our plans are and why and she sees that it is totally us.

We have complete control over what we are doing and are so happy to be planning it. We are funding the wedding totally by ourselves which also helps as I think people feel they have a say in it if they are helping financially. My parents have given us $2000 in my grandparents name (they died earlier this year) towards the wedding - well, honeymoon to be precise so that we can stay on property but have made no demands on what we do with the money.

If your Aunt is adamant that she won't go then I would say weigh up the pros of a Disney wedding that you really want as opposed to the cons of your Aunt not going. If it would cause problems in the family with her not going then I would invite her and let her make her own choice.

Hope it works out for you - follow your dreams.

xx

Hi there, your ideas and planning look great!

Please don't take this the wrong way but if someone is dictating what you decide to do because of their attitude and personal ideas then I would tell them to *&!£. It is your wedding, not theirs, and you should have exactly what you want. If they don't 'get it' and don't want to go then it is their loss. They should be happy for you and respect that it is personal for you, even if it isn't what they would have chosen.

I was married back in 1992 and most of the day ended up with what everyone else wanted for us, not what we wanted. Don't get me wrong, we had a fantastic day but the things that stick with me the most are the things I didn't want but went along with for my parents sake.

We are getting married at Disney next year and are doing it exactly the way we want. My Mom was very dubious at first (Mickey Mouse wedding in more sense than one - you know the sort of thing) but we have explained what our plans are and why and she sees that it is totally us.

We have complete control over what we are doing and are so happy to be planning it. We are funding the wedding totally by ourselves which also helps as I think people feel they have a say in it if they are helping financially. My parents have given us $2000 in my grandparents name (they died earlier this year) towards the wedding - well, honeymoon to be precise so that we can stay on property but have made no demands on what we do with the money.

If your Aunt is adamant that she won't go then I would say weigh up the pros of a Disney wedding that you really want as opposed to the cons of your Aunt not going. If it would cause problems in the family with her not going then I would invite her and let her make her own choice.

Hope it works out for you - follow your dreams.

xx

Thank you for that.... I know what you mean and I see what you mean<3

So, I tried my hardest to not dye my hair because I wanted it as healthy as possible for the wedding...

But I can't take the gray hairs!! As a 24 year old I have the grays of a 50 year old (NO JOKE, it is insane) And df hates dye and says that it "seeps into your skin :confused3 (hes a weirdo with those things)

well..low and behold I made an appt for Thursday to get high lights and Friday Ive decided to surprise him since I am off and taking him out for his birthday that day....he cant get too mad?? lol:rotfl: :hug:

::Update: I chickened out! Cant do it. Bought a box color... sigh

I love those ornaments! Where did you get them?

We got them from Macys but I beleive you can find them on personalizationmall.com

Everything looks wonderful and the poem is great. It sounds like you have a very interesting story about how you two met that I would love to read.
I added it in the begining of my posts :cutie:

He is amazing:goodvibes
Disney recommends him, he has done sooo many disney weddings

http://www.revjackday.com/
I tried to get information sent to me from him hopefully it comes...he seems sooo cute

Everything sounds so incredible! I LOVE the ornaments. I haven't seen them before. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.
check out personalizationmall.com :) lol

Love your Theme and your ideas, i wish i was half as artistic and talented as you are =)
Everyone has their talents! Im dyslexic and semi color blind so the whole being a writer or being a piolet was out of the picture! lol

I have alot of templates and I am always happy to help, just let me know what you and df need!

Just started reading through your journal. I love the theme and you've already done so many cute projects. So funny about presenting before the State Board of Ed. Through my job I have to sit through the state meetings in Michigan every month. It can get pretty boring :goodvibes

Just started reading through your journal. I love the theme and you've already done so many cute projects. So funny about presenting before the State Board of Ed. Through my job I have to sit through the state meetings in Michigan every month. It can get pretty boring :goodvibes

Oh no, Im actually going to be one of those boring presenters that you fall asleep during!!!
:rotfl:
Maybe I should walk in with my mickey ears:laughing:

Okay, so the woo hoo is because I am just so excited. For some reason, I've even picked out my planning session outfit! That is how excited I am..

And now I find out youcan bring home left overs? I mean come on what gets better than that!!

Friday I am taking df out for his birthday day as I said earlier and we have decided to go to the melting pot...a fondu place in Long Island. I really want to go all out so I planned a whole day going everywhere he loves...ikea..pier one... :rotfl2:

So, I also have started thinking about how I should wear my hair up. Its going to be hot in June and, I have frizzy hair as it is. I've grown out my bangs from the picture that you see as my siggy but, df loves the bangs. So, theres the problem... plus Im allergic to hair spray... and I don't want to have a asthma attack and migraine the whole wedding. Oh boy... and I didnt evenwant anyone to do my hair because, I dislike people touching my hair lol.... I'd much rather blow it straight and leave it be...

So, on to more good news. I ordered my pillow boxes. I'm hoping to doa mock soon on that. I'm looking for a place to get ribbon from, but that seems to be a problem... I wanted it brown but I don't want it to be off from the brown colored tags I made (If that makes any sense) So now Ive been looking for a blue... since I figured Blue and blues go together nicely? :thumbsup2

I also bought these adorable silver starfish charms to hang from the ribbon and the tie (if that makes sense?) The pillow boxes are white because I really didn't like any of the colored ones.... but this makes me nervous as well that the white won't go....although the favors are white:confused: :headache:

Okay, well, here I go on a search for ribbon. Anyone know a good site?

Oh no, Im actually going to be one of those boring presenters that you fall asleep during!!!
:rotfl:
Maybe I should walk in with my mickey ears:laughing:

We actually enjoy the presenters, its' the board members themselves that are boring :upsidedow

We were able to bring home some of the samples from our DP party menu that we tried at our tasting:thumbsup2

Okay, so the woo hoo is because I am just so excited. For some reason, I've even picked out my planning session outfit! That is how excited I am..

And now I find out youcan bring home left overs? I mean come on what gets better than that!!

Friday I am taking df out for his birthday day as I said earlier and we have decided to go to the melting pot...a fondu place in Long Island. I really want to go all out so I planned a whole day going everywhere he loves...ikea..pier one... :rotfl2:

So, I also have started thinking about how I should wear my hair up. Its going to be hot in June and, I have frizzy hair as it is. I've grown out my bangs from the picture that you see as my siggy but, df loves the bangs. So, theres the problem... plus Im allergic to hair spray... and I don't want to have a asthma attack and migraine the whole wedding. Oh boy... and I didnt evenwant anyone to do my hair because, I dislike people touching my hair lol.... I'd much rather blow it straight and leave it be...

So, on to more good news. I ordered my pillow boxes. I'm hoping to doa mock soon on that. I'm looking for a place to get ribbon from, but that seems to be a problem... I wanted it brown but I don't want it to be off from the brown colored tags I made (If that makes any sense) So now Ive been looking for a blue... since I figured Blue and blues go together nicely? :thumbsup2

I also bought these adorable silver starfish charms to hang from the ribbon and the tie (if that makes sense?) The pillow boxes are white because I really didn't like any of the colored ones.... but this makes me nervous as well that the white won't go....although the favors are white:confused: :headache:

I like the site www.sophiesfavors.com I think that is the address. If not let me know and I will search for ya :)

I like the site www.sophiesfavors.com I think that is the address. If not let me know and I will search for ya :)

THank you for that! I just looked and ordered for my e-party! I love theones with the poka dots.
For the wedding I am just so confused as to what to do. The tags are like the tags for the e-party but in Brown and Blue. I am NOT sure if the blue can be matched entirely and so thats why I was going with the see-through ones and that site has it perfectly! Now I only have to figure out the width! lol

Thank you thank you thank you
:woohoo:

I've been to that Melting Pot! My family lives on LI and we went there for a birthday dinner for my brother. The dessert was SOOOO flippin' good! Bananas, marshmallows, brownie pieces, strawberries... all dipped in melted chocolate!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I wasn't that crazy about the food though. You have to cook everything! lol it was weird, I was thinking, we're paying HOW much and we have to cook our own food!? Once cooked, it was pretty good though.

I love the theme to your wedding, I just love the beach. I'd never be able to pull of something like that for my own wedding, but you are doing a great job! :)

THank you for that! I just looked and ordered for my e-party! I love theones with the poka dots.
For the wedding I am just so confused as to what to do. The tags are like the tags for the e-party but in Brown and Blue. I am NOT sure if the blue can be matched entirely and so thats why I was going with the see-through ones and that site has it perfectly! Now I only have to figure out the width! lol

Thank you thank you thank you
:woohoo:

I think that you can order samples of the boxes and ribbons and stuff to get an idea. I think its a very small price like a dollar or something like that. When I was going to get married up here in Jersey I sent for samples of boxes and ribbons. I was going to do a Breakfast at Tiffany's theme. :cutie:

:lmao:
I love the theme to your wedding, I just love the beach. I'd never be able to pull of something like that for my own wedding, but you are doing a great job! :)

Thank you! We decided to get tea thermoses for the center of the tables with teacups around them and scatter the teabags around so that it really completes the tea by the sea theme lol...
I don't know how its really going to look though haha

I was going to do a Breakfast at Tiffany's theme. :cutie:

No way!! Breakfast at tiffanys!! I have a piece of the film reel in a frame! I am the biggest audrey fan and I just love the movie...I wonder if I can pull off the big hat for my rehearsal dinner? Add some mickey ears to that one and I'm sure they'll give me some free goodies for making it through the door

Breakfast at Tiffany's! Great movie! I have a huge film poster in my home office of her!

Breakfast at Tiffany's! Great movie! I have a huge film poster in my home office of her!

Wow, I never knew anyone else who knew of that movie!!
I guess disney brides have more in common than we know!:goodvibes

So, last night I decided to just dye my hair the same color that it is now (Or, so I thought:headache: ) I bought a box of medium brown because the dark brown always comes too dark... and low and behold.... I should be walking around like this:wizard:

So, now the top like 5 inches of my hair is a light reddish brown (which I dont have red in my hair, only gold so its completely obvious) and there are some spots that I guess I didn't go to the root that are darker!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1:

Now, I know you arent supposed to dye your hair more than once in a certain time period, but I kinda was hoping to get a wash out and do it again, just put it over the mess I made? :idea:

What have I done? This stinks espesially since df is against me dying it as it is!!!! He would murder me if he found o ut i did it twice in ONE WEEK!:scared:

So keep your fingers crossed please so that I don't loose my hair. I'm buying a semi permanant dark brown and hoping that it takes (I hope!!!!)

If not, I'll have no hair for my wedding:mad:
Then again, I always wanted a wig:hippie:

I have had color issues too and before you do anythign I would reccomend going to a salon that you trust to correct it. They can leave it on some areas longer and are more skilled at this kind of thing. I just went from blonde highllights turned brassy growing out to my dark blonde and had them cover the brassy color with a med dark brown and I love it now. I was so nervous and I would never trust myself to do it. She left it on the blonde parts longer to cover that and left it on my groth less time since it didn't need as much to color.

Good luck!!:thumbsup2

:lmao:

No way!! Breakfast at tiffanys!! I have a piece of the film reel in a frame! I am the biggest audrey fan and I just love the movie...I wonder if I can pull off the big hat for my rehearsal dinner? Add some mickey ears to that one and I'm sure they'll give me some free goodies for making it through the door

I am a huge Audrey fan too. I am going to have a bridal tea party at the floridian the day before my wedding and I am planning on wearing a big hat..lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter