wedding plans on hold :(

Mrsdisneyb2b

Planning to go, before the little ones grow!
UPDATE: Due to circumstances beyond my control (And a rather upsetting weekend and Easter yesterday) it has come to my attention that we will not be planning our wedding this year... Unless by some mere chance, It's all some huge joke on my end...
I am a bit heart broken by the whole matter, and some may call me crazy, but I am still hoping that it may happen, so I am not going to be deleting my pj just yet.

We are heading to Disney World July 2-8th this summer, so, although it will be hard... it's the happiest place on earth. Perhaps things will become must clearer then :)
:cutie:

Our theme is "Tea by the sea"... we made a cute poem because we always have our tea by the beach and we wanted the theme to sick to who we are...

The favors are tea bag holders, with personalized tea bags with two beach chairs on them, a tea spoon and heart shaped sugar :)

How we came to choose a disney wedding...

So, my entire life I had dreamed of going to DW. Not only until my HS graduation did I get to go. And when I did, I fell in love. My mothers best friend is a manager over at MGM and when I met up with him, you could just tell that this really IS the best place on earth..

Okay, so fast forward 4 years, I meet df. And We talk and he's never been ANYWHERE. Now, I figured with the flights, and things, he would never even consider getting married at disney, but low and behold.... he does!!! (And I promise no skeweres were used to threaten!)

Then around October when his brother got married, and we spent the majority of the wedding being introduced to random people, and realized that these big 300 person weddings only caused havick and you werent able to even celebrate your wedding, we realized...small is the way to go... (Plus, blisters are prone to my feet and walking around during my wedding and not being able to take time to eat...not for me...we love food!)

So, here we are, attempting to get all the little details finished b efore were "officially engaged"....(Yes, I repeat, officially engaged)

And the truth is, I feel as though I have such an amazing man. I am a worry wart. I make myself sick. And he wants us to plan, without the "engagement" on our shoulders so that then, we can enjoy our engagement... and, i love it...

I love those ornaments! Where did you get them?

Everything looks wonderful and the poem is great. It sounds like you have a very interesting story about how you two met that I would love to read.

Love the tea-cup ornaments! they are so cute!

So has he proposed without a ring, or no proposal yet?

Nope not yet, but I kind of ruined it... He is up to something and said we are booking this summer... and that he wanted it to bethe most amazing day of my life, and, well, I guess its still KIND of a surprise lol

Hello and :welcome:

I am enjoying reading your PJ, love the theme, I and DF are both catholic and wanted to be married catholic but Disney doesnt offer that... So we booked Rev Jack Day and I told him I want the ceremony religious as possible. So he sent a couple of ceremony packages and we found one that suits us the best...

Good Luck in all your planning and I cant wait to read more:surfweb:

Hello and :welcome:

I am enjoying reading your PJ, love the theme, I and DF are both catholic and wanted to be married catholic but Disney doesnt offer that... So we booked Rev Jack Day and I told him I want the ceremony religious as possible. So he sent a couple of ceremony packages and we found one that suits us the best...

Good Luck in all your planning and I cant wait to read more:surfweb:

Really? Is he a known rev for Disney? We really havebeen having issues with the whole "Not Catholic" ceremony.

Just found your PJ and wanted to welcome you! Congratulations on your decision to marry the disney! Hope everything is as smooth sailing as possible!

Hi Mrsdisneyb2b,

Welcome and Congratulations!!!

I am the one who posted questions about catholic ceremonies. I am truly sorry I worried you. I hope you and your DF find the solution that is right for you with less drama than we are dealing with.

Like Disneyfairy19 said, Rev. Jack Day, as well as Rev. Kevin Knox, Rev. Tim Herring and a few others on Disney's Recommended Officiant list do perform religious ceremonies. They are fully recognized as "real" marriages by the vast majority of protestant churches and they are legal. It is just that the roman catholic church doesn't recognize it as a "real" or "valid" marriage. But several brides on this board have had a catholic marriage blessing inside a catholic church after their Disney wedding. Some may have even had a second full catholic wedding mass before or after the Disney wedding. By doing that, your marriage will be considered "real" and "valid" by the catholic church.

So you shouldn't worry, you can do both!! Our problem is that we don't want to have a catholic blessing or mass at all, at any point, but my DF's parents want us to. And since we aren't going to most of our Roman Catholic Disney wedding guests ended up declining our invitation after saying they would come.

You should talk to your priest and see what options you have. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter