Wedding planner communication problems?

Who was your wedding planner? Im having issues as well, I also had issues with the flower people.

I don't want to say her name and blast her but it started with a D. She was very nice but just not at all communicative. I think the problem is that, as opposed to an ordinary wedding planner you'd be working with in person, you plan with Disney almost completely from afar, with the exception of one single planning session you have for a few hours (if you are even able to make the trip.) Given this, communication becomes essential. There's sort of no excuse for not emailing back when you're expected to plan your entire wedding like that (minus the things you were able to lock down during the planning session, when they wouldn't even tell you what anything cost!) So yeah, going a week or more without hearing answers to simple questions makes the entire process arduous.
I must say, however I'm having the complete opposite experience with my new wedding planner, Carol. She has been great and very responsive. So I guess it depends who you get.

Oh, gee whiz! it makes me sad to hear that some of y'all can't wait for it to be over! I am so sorry to hear that, and if planning a Disney wedding has made you feel that way, then, shame on Disney! Boo to you, Disney! I'm glad @madqueen got a new and improved planner and I really, really hope you start to enjoy the process again, madqueen! Reasonable communication is a reasonable thing to expect, and I'm glad things are improving.

In December 2006 I was married in an Intimate ceremony (like Escape now) and now I am beginning the process of helping to plan my youngest's December 2020 Disney wedding YAYAYAH! :goodvibes

( obvs it was my second marriage, in case you think I might have a 12 year old getting married or something o_O )

I can not tell you how excited my DH and I are that DD has decided on a Disney wedding and how many happy memories that is bringing back for us! The planning process, while not as involved as a Wishes wedding, was so much fun for us. (Okay, I guess I mean it was fun for me, ha ha) We had a number of customizations and Disney executed everything flawlessly. I can say they exceeded my expectations--- and I'm pretty picky. Okay, I'm very picky. My planner was awesome, my floral was AH. MAZE. ING. (and you haven't lived until you have had to do floral for a landscape designer ;) ) and the cake, ah, the cake. The stuff of dreams, what can I say?

I hope that your wedding day is everything you hope for and more, :bride: :bride: and moms! Try to relax and enjoy it all, it goes by so quickly--and know that it will be magnificent! It's Disney, and even though I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with them, they do what they do very well. Even if it does take a teensy bit of nagging and a little tiny bit of foot stomping to get there. ;)

SHOUT OUT TO LURKYLOO: You are the absolute BOMB! I have learned so much from your website and podcasts, I love ya, girl! I'm buying your book, I decided tonight. Must. Have. It.

I was wondering if anyone went through a similar issue with any of their Disney wedding planners or if it was just me... I send my wedding planner emails and she doesn't get back to me for days, if at all. I also include her assistant's email address when I send, as the first time she didn't get back to me for a week and I followed up and she said to make sure to cc her assistant on all emails in case she's away, but it doesn't seem to help. It's not like I'm emailing them everyday with bridezilla nonsense, or even every week. Like once a month I'll have an important question, or want to drop/add something to my B.E.O. but they don't acknowledge. Is this just me? Am I doing something wrong/ not adhering to some protocol I don't know about? Has anyone else experienced this? I always get those "nudge" reminders from gmail saying "sent 5 days ago, follow up?" I don't want to be demanding as I know their time is valuable but planning a wedding is extremely stressful and having budgetary questions go unanswered isn't helping lol.
I know you posted this a few months ago but I’m here for the exact same reason. Ugh! I’m so frustrated . When I first contacted Disney, they would call/email right away. When dealing with Pam Pearce ( wedding consultant) she usually responded a few hours after I sent an email. I was placed with a “wedding team” which I emailed and asked for an introduction call For the following week to go over a few questions . That actually went well... with work and everything going on in my life, I was quite busy so I didn’t contact them again until about a month - month and half later. Now it begins... that email was ignored. I sent a second email the following week. Ignored. Now I contacted pam Pearce ( although she isn’t a wedding planner ) being that she usually replies rather quickly to see if there’s a communication error or if she can help me with my questions ... no response . Finally the next day ( I think ) my main wedding planner contacted me. She didn’t even answer all my questions . She was vague with the ones she did answer . Leading me to having questions or wanting her to elaborate more on the topic. Now I have to send ANOTHER email to stress my concerns ... and wait AGAIN ? I thought this was going to be easy. I heard so many ppl say the process was great. No stress. Quick replies. Catered to their needs. But of course I ended up with the short end of the stick . They didn’t even tell me that one of the wedding planners assigned to me, was no longer my wedding planner. It wasnt til she finally replied after contacting Ms. Pearce , is when she lets me know someone else was assigned to me now. Thanks for the heads up!!! Ridiculous . What also pisses me off . Sure I would love to have everything but unfortunately I can not afford it all. Every time I ask how much something would cost? That question gets beat around the bush too. I can’t budget for a wedding if I have no idea how much everything I’m adding is going to cost me. I’m trying to be as cost effective as possible and can’t help but wonder if that’s the reason I’m getting put on the back burner ??? Once I asked about prices , her tone was different. Idk .. as much as I dreamed of my wedding here . I’m regretting it right now. How did things turn out with u ??????

Last edited:
My dd's new planner came to literally about two weeks before the wedding. First one - we had all along - left for maternity leave. They were both awesome!!! I can't say enough about both of them. They were on top of everything and there for every thing. The new planner - "E" was always one step ahead of us. She knew what we were thinking or going to ask before we said anything.

When my daughter walked into the reception room, I saw her dress bustle up - I thought I was going to have to do it. Kleinfeld showed me how and had me video tape it too. I forgot all about it. After they walked in, I asked her, who put it up for you and she said "E". (Can we say their names? They were great!!!). "E" said, she does this every day :).

I can't say enough about the whole experience and it totally exceeded our expectations. (11/5/2019)

Good luck to everyone planning a wedding!!

My dd's new planner came to literally about two weeks before the wedding. First one - we had all along - left for maternity leave. They were both awesome!!! I can't say enough about both of them. They were on top of everything and there for every thing. The new planner - "E" was always one step ahead of us. She knew what we were thinking or going to ask before we said anything.

When my daughter walked into the reception room, I saw her dress bustle up - I thought I was going to have to do it. Kleinfeld showed me how and had me video tape it too. I forgot all about it. After they walked in, I asked her, who put it up for you and she said "E". (Can we say their names? They were great!!!). "E" said, she does this every day :).

I can't say enough about the whole experience and it totally exceeded our expectations. (11/5/2019)

Good luck to everyone planning a wedding!!
I think we can say their names but some people don't want to bash other people so they stray away from it. congratulations to your DD! I'm happy all went well.

its funny that u mention the planner who went on maternity leave because I believe she's the planner I have now and she is the one I have complaints about, unfortunately. 😔 maybe with adjusting to her new baby, life, etc along with everything at work is taking a toll on her. but I don't think I'm getting the same experience as other people...

I think we can say their names but some people don't want to bash other people so they stray away from it. congratulations to your DD! I'm happy all went well.

its funny that u mention the planner who went on maternity leave because I believe she's the planner I have now and she is the one I have complaints about, unfortunately. 😔 maybe with adjusting to her new baby, life, etc along with everything at work is taking a toll on her. but I don't think I'm getting the same experience as other people...

Thank you.

Your planner's name "S"? - if it's the same one. I am sorry to hear that if it's the same person. Is it possible she is back a month later? We have nothing but good things to say about her and Elise. Elise - the replacement - literally came on board two weeks (maybe) before wedding - was a sweetheart, awesome and also can't say enough about her. If there is a place to write reviews for the planners - I would go ahead and write one for her.

Setting up a time via email to talk on the phone worked out great for my daughter many times. Have you tried that?

Thank you.

Your planner's name "S"? - if it's the same one. I am sorry to hear that if it's the same person. Is it possible she is back a month later? We have nothing but good things to say about her and Elise. Elise - the replacement - literally came on board two weeks (maybe) before wedding - was a sweetheart, awesome and also can't say enough about her. If there is a place to write reviews for the planners - I would go ahead and write one for her.

Setting up a time via email to talk on the phone worked out great for my daughter many times. Have you tried that?

oh no, maybe I'm wrong then. my planner starts with a "J". but I do have an Elise but I was told that Elise assisted my main planner "J" . I did receive an email from Elise stating she will be out of the office and if theres an immediate issue then to contact her assistant. but yet again, none of my questions were answered but I did appreciate the fact that she at least told me she'll be away.

I wasn't aware that phone calls were an option being that they put so many emphasis on emails..I figured maybe that was the only way to reach them. maybe ill try that. thank you!

Good luck!! I hope you have a wonderful experience like we did. Report back!

It’s so nice to hear everyone has great planners!! .....Im still waiting on a response just to GET a planner 😂

it’s been a month and I’ve been told I was going to be passed along to a planner so I can ask if my date is available in December but I still don’t hear from anyone.

It’s so nice to hear everyone has great planners!! .....Im still waiting on a response just to GET a planner 😂

it’s been a month and I’ve been told I was going to be passed along to a planner so I can ask if my date is available in December but I still don’t hear from anyone.
I get that they were probably slammed during the holidays, but it is mid January now. I would call, email, whatever, and get your wedding date. You can't do anything else without that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!