Weather Jan 8 through Jan 15

jdtopgun71

Mouseketeer
Can someone please tell me what the temps are like in Orlando in early January? We would like to go during these dates, but are not sure what weather is like then.

No one can tell you what the weather will be like in Jan. It varies from day to day. It could be sunny and 80 one day then turn cold and only reach highs in the 50's with very cold nights. With that said, we normally can catch at least one day warm enough for pools/water parks. Bring clothes for every kind of weather, including gloves and hats for cold nights. Have been to Disney when its gotten down near freezing at night.

drafthorsecrazy said:
No one can tell you what the weather will be like in Jan. It varies from day to day.

I'll second that. We went the first week of January, 2006. We were in the pools daily in the afternoon with temperatures in the low to mid 80s. The evenings were chilly, requiring sweatshirts and long pants. We did not see any truly cold weather during our trip, but it could have happened.

When we went last year it was cool in the mornings, afternoons were warm but by 5 ift was time to put back on the jackets/sweatshirts. Not bad compared to PA but no way would I go swimming during our trip.

We were in Disney this past January 3-9. It was COLD! One night to extra magic hours I wore a tank top, long sleeved shirt, down vest, jeans, and gloves and I was still freezing. However, other years in January it has been warm enough to spend the day by the pool. It definitely varies from year to year, check the weather forecasts frequently before you leave.

We went Jan 6th thru 12th I think in 2004. When we left the Weather Channel said it was going to be in the 70s for the week. We got there, it was in the 50s. It wasn't really bad if you had sweaters. The year before I think it was in the 80s.

My suggestion is bring sweaters, even if the weather is supposed to be in the 80s. And bring hats and gloves! Especially gloves! At night you really needed them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter