Wearing a white room robe to the Main DR...

I am a conservative packer. I don't carry evening gowns for a Disney cruise. (I generally carry one-two black dresses for Palo and formal night). I generally don't care what anyone else around me is doing- not my cruise nor my problem. For our Merry Time cruise several families came to the MDR in matching PJ's. Though wouldn't do it (group of traveling adults), it's cute enough. However... showing up for dinner wearing a white spa, room robe is inappropriate. Seriously. That is all.

Did they have PJ pants under it? If not: Ooooook! LOL

Well... Interesting... Maybe there was a reasonable explanation like a flood in the room and all her clothes were wet? etc. Otherwise, a bathrobe in the dinning room is not a great choice.

But, as with a lot of stuff on DCL lately, it's a slippery slope. You allow matching PJs "because it's cute", how can you say "sorry, can't wear bathrobe in MDR"?

I'm not supporting it, in fact, I'm all for stricter monitoring of the "dress code", but that's what I see happening.

All it takes is for someone to say "It's my cruise, you can't tell me how to dress." to bring things down for everyone.

::yes::

You know what? This nonsense seeds to stop. DCL needs to stop letting people into MDRs in their PJS, robes, thongs, whatever. It is not difficult to "dress up" on a cruise. A pair of khakis and a polo shirt travels well. A cotton dress you can slip over our head is not difficult to put on. Easier than making sure your robe doesn't fall open. Why do I care? Because I am appreciative the ambiance of a dinner, it is part of the dining experience.That's what separates fine dining from McDonald's If you can't be bothered to wear little more than something you wear to bed then stay in your cabin, in your bed and order room service.

Maybe she lost a bet.

Why do I care? Because I am appreciative the ambiance of a dinner, it is part of the dining experience.That's what separates fine dining from McDonald's If you can't be bothered to wear little more than something you wear to bed then stay in your cabin, in your bed and order room service.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I've never worn a robe to McDonald's. Not even the drive thru. ;)

Seriously though, I'm about as laid back as the come when it comes to dress codes, and even I would frown on wearing a robe to dinner. I agree, stay in your cabin if you want to dine that casually!

You know what? This nonsense seeds to stop. DCL needs to stop letting people into MDRs in their PJS, robes, thongs, whatever. It is not difficult to "dress up" on a cruise. A pair of khakis and a polo shirt travels well. A cotton dress you can slip over our head is not difficult to put on. Easier than making sure your robe doesn't fall open. Why do I care? Because I am appreciative the ambiance of a dinner, it is part of the dining experience.That's what separates fine dining from McDonald's If you can't be bothered to wear little more than something you wear to bed then stay in your cabin, in your bed and order room service.

I agree with this 100%!

I agree with this 100%!

As the saying goes "from your keyboard to DCL's ears"

I have seen people in Cabana's for breakfast in their PJ's.

We took out kids to breakfast at Cabanas in their PJ’s! DH and I got dressed though. In our defense they were matching (all three boys) in new cruise and holiday themed pajamas we got for the trip. Might as well show them off ;)

I’m so glad my son never ever consented to wear his PJs out in public. Not after swim lessons, not for mornings at Disneyland. Ok he would qear them like thermals under his clothing, but was embarrassed. The kid has standards.

Usually on cruises where someone has been without their luggage everyone knows of them by the second day. Even on big ships. So if she had lost her luggage and it wasn’t the first evening, people would have already been buzzing about it.

Good grief! Come on DCL set a standard and stick to it for goodness sake!
How long before some will come to dinner in their bathing attire. It’s their cruise, they’ve spent a lot of money on it and are entitled! Disney can’t tell them what to do, and right now they are right! Well not can’t, but don’t!

How about the husband in a thong and the wife in a robe?
They are entitled after all! They’ve paid loads of money!!!!

:upsidedowWell..... that just topped "way back when" when it was 51 degrees outside and i chose to wear flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt while trekking thru campus 30 minutes to go to the closest grocery store when about 10 minutes into it, I got cold....went back to my apartment and donned on a TRENCH COAT and proceeded to walk thru campus totally oblivious to.......

THINK ABOUT IT.....
THINK ABOUT IT..............:scratchin

and "it" didnt dawn on me until I got inside the grocery store.....

OOPS!!:faint:

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:drinking1

People do things on cruises they won’t normally do.People dressing badly in a restaurant. People taking their kids to the show and out to eat in their pajamas.
Does it bother me nope
If it does bother you let dcl know. Write it down on your comment card,write dcl.

Last edited:
People do things on cruises they won’t normally do.People dressing badly in a restaurant. People taking their kids to the show and out to eat in their pajamas.
Does it bother me nope
If it does bother you let dcl know. Write it down on your comment card,write dcl.
Yes we do things on the cruise that we wouldn’t usually do at home.
We dress in smart clothes every night especially for dinner, and we wear formal clothes on formal night. I suppose we are stuck in the dark ages!

I wonder if she was cold and maybe didn't think to bring anything long-sleeved and warm on the cruise?

Something along this line seems more reasonable. I was at a remote resort once and had a very bad reaction to products used by the spa. My arms blistered and then peeled (bleh). It was the tropics and everything I had was sleeveless or very short sleeved and there was nowhere to buy anything with sleeves. I did go to dinner twice with a long towel draped around me like a closely held shawl. I probably looked like a nut but thought it better than grossing everyone out by looking at my shedding. (And in my defense we were on a small island with only the resort and all evening meals had to be eaten in the restaurant or I would have gotten room service).

Kids in pajamas and shoes is one thing, an adult in a bathrobe is another. Sorry, but if I saw this myself I would have made a comment to the head waiter. If it wasn’t addressed I would mention it on the comment card. A big deal is placed on the dining experience. Sure, I’m not impacted by what others wear, but if someone is not wearing actual clothes to a public space with a noted dress code, that’s not appropriate. I’m pretty darn tolerant otherwise, but a bathrobe? Spending a fortune isn’t an excuse to disregard decency.

My best 'give the benefit of the doubt' excuse is ... maybe she had a later dinner reserved at Palo or Remy, and was getting super dressed up/spa services ahead of time but just needed to make sure her kids ate in the mean time? Still, geeze, just put on a sundress or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter