wearing a backpack or handbag in the park

We also have always taken either a backpack or a crossbody and have never had an issue. My tip: if you can, choose one that has padded shoulders and doesn't have a bunch of pockets, etc., because they'll look at all of the pockets in security. Have a magical time!

That's a good point. I have taken a backpack on every trip, never had any issues on rides. But you are right, waiting for them to check every little pocket does get old. I find it's easier to find stuff if I have it organized with many pockets though. I guess it's a trade off! lol

My tip: if you can, choose one that has padded shoulders and doesn't have a bunch of pockets, etc., because they'll look at all of the pockets in security. Have a magical time!

+1. The pack I use has two zippered compartments and well padded shoulder straps. Everything I carry is in zip loc bags, for organization and in case of rain. It takes security about 10-15 seconds to give my pack a good look through and I'm on my way.

Hi, I am planning my first trip and I had intented on using a packpack but began to wonder what was I to do with it when going on rides. Can you please tell me what you do with your bags? I won't have someone to watch over it. Thanks for the help.

I wear a backpack and take it on all rides. If it's HUGE it might not fit in the under compartment for Soarin' but they just have you leave it at your feet and a cast member holds it. Mine is small enough to fit.

I highly recommend getting a small backpack with thick straps. I took my gym back with string straps once, and my shoulders hurt so bad.

The only ride I've had an issue with is Tower of Terror. I had no idea where to put my bag on that one.

I highly recommend getting a small backpack with thick straps. I took my gym back with string straps once, and my shoulders hurt so bad.

The only ride I've had an issue with is Tower of Terror. I had no idea where to put my bag on that one.
I still put my bag between my feet on Tower of Terror. It moves a little on the drops but can't really go too far.

I take a rucksack as a solo traveler and it has to be able to fit my big DSLR in it. Most rides my bag goes down by my feet and my camera sits between my knees (it has a long, adjustable cross-body strap). The only ride I have an issue with is Space Mountain as I'm tall and pooh sized so there isn't space for my bag by my feet so it has to sit on top of the bars (straps wrapped round it and I cling to it for dear life)

I used a Vera backpack the first day in the parks but found it to be annoying taking it off and holding it on rides, etc. I bought a small blue purse with a Magic Kingdom print in a shop on Main Street. It was about the size of a Vera Mini Hipster. It was a tight fit but it fit what I needed, sunglasses, small hairbrush, phone, etc. It has a long cross-body strap and it was no problem on rides. Funnily enough on the ToT it floated in the air in front of me for a moment!

That center thing on Kali never kept my things dry. I recently heard they removed it but haven't been back to check. For that, I would use the nearby lockers.

It was not on our raft just last week. I didn't look at other ones but I had heard reports and seen pictures indicating they were removed.

I only started using a backpack at Disney last year but wish I had thought of it much earlier. I love it for the parks. Other than Kali (where we use the locker) I bring it on all the other rides.

Not sure how much you're trying to carry, but on our recent trip, I carried a cross-body bag and mom carried a small string backpack. She had to take it on and off just to sit comfortably on just about every ride. With the cross body bag, as long as I wasn't dealing with a lap bar I could keep it on...one less thing to deal with.

Basically every ride at Universal you have to put your stuff in a locker so it def gets obnoxious!

Bit of an exaggeration. Last I went there were 7 rides that required you to use the free lockers, but the rides are so good that it does not bother us!

Bit of an exaggeration. Last I went there were 7 rides that required you to use the free lockers, but the rides are so good that it does not bother us!
Let me edit that to say "mostly every ride WE GO ON, requires a locker. We don't go on many rides there, seemed like most of the ones we went on had a locker.
Thanks for taking the time to call me out though :)

Hi, I am planning my first trip and I had intented on using a packpack but began to wonder what was I to do with it when going on rides. Can you please tell me what you do with your bags? I won't have someone to watch over it. Thanks for the help.

My Bag goes on more rides with me then my wife ! lol .. never had any problems with a bag on a ride except for space mountain. That's a tight fit..

Thanks Elandon. I have something similar to that in size. So they allow someone to take their bag with them on all rides?
Absolutely. The only time I had t o leave it behind was at Legoland California on the kid power towers. I usually just keep wearing it across my chest on rides. I don't bother with the floor or the little pouch. I'm afraid I will forget it if I put it in there.

That center thing on Kali never kept my things dry. I recently heard they removed it but haven't been back to check. For that, I would use the nearby lockers.
I guess I left it with Grandma when we rode on Kali last time. That said, I think I've worn it on Kali under a poncho before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter