We survived Christmas week, drinking around the world and holiday airline drama! A Dec. 26-30 trip report

Thanks for the around the world report. You both did a great job pushing through it, lol. I also was waiting for the "I just went for a beer" point towards the end. Those prices... I mean that's Disney for you but also a reminder why I haven't attempted it yet. =P

Hoping you didn't have a hangover.
We ended up spending around $320 on drinks and that should have been more because we did wimp out on the first one and share a drink! This also didn't include tips - if we went somewhere that they actually had to mix the drink, we tipped the server. It helped a lot that we took our time - From 9:30 - 8:30 was 11 hours for 11 1/2 drinks each. Spacing them out and having lots of water and snacks was the key!!!

Day 5 - Actually 1/2 day and our last day of Disney Fun!
We ended Day 4 with a fabulous meal and a completion of our drink around the world challenge. I forgot to add in my last installment that we gorged ourselves on junk food when we got back to the room. We had purchased "make your own" Mickey head marshmallows at Goofy's when we were at Disney Springs and had nibbled on them daily. Tonight - we devoured them. Then, Claire went downstairs and refilled the popcorn bucket at the vendor on the Boardwalk and we ate that too! We also drank 2 bottles of water each. We were in bed by 9:45 and I'm sure we were asleep by 10!
When we woke up on Friday morning, we felt surprisingly good. We had a park reservation for Hollywood Studios again this day since it was walking distance from the hotel and we only had a few hours.
We polished off the last of our junk food stash and headed over to Hollywood Studios for early morning hours. ToT had either been closed or had a wait of over 2 hours the entire time we were there earlier in the week and that was the last of Claire's "must do" rides that we had missed, so that's where we headed.
I seriously had my doubts about riding this first thing in the morning after the previous day of indulgence, but we survived with minimal nausea.IMG_1178.JPG
When we exited ToT Rockin Roller Coaster had a posted wait time of 15 minutes so we shot over there and walked right on against my better judgement.IMG_1180.JPG
We didn't buy Genie+ for today because I thought $60 extra for just a few hours was ridiculous, so our plan was to ride what we could, do a little shopping and head back to the hotel before 11 so we could get to the airport in plenty of time for our 2:30 flight.
After RnRC, Claire wanted a rematch on Toy Story. We were tied with one win for her on Buzz and one for me on Toy Story so this would be the tiebreaker and the winner would leave with bragging rights until our next trip.
The posted wait time for TSM was 20 minutes, but it actually took a little longer to get through the line this time. No complaints from me though after seeing the wait times all week!!! I am happy to report that I am still the champion! After TSM, we were going to get some snacks and head out, but when we rounded the corner we saw that MMRRR was down and they were opening the line to start it back up, so we hopped in and walked right on! Still not my favorite, but it was cute and my daughter is a professional dancer so she thought the ballroom portion was really cute.
Our last ride over, we headed to the cart nearby to get cinnamon glazed almonds for the trip home and some popcorn for the walk to the hotel. The almonds weren't ready yet and Claire didn't want to leave without them, so we left to do our shopping and then come back. She wanted a Disney Monopoly game and some puzzles, and we both wanted t-shirts, but we packed in a carry on bag, so we did what any normal person would do and had the items shipped to the house!
Shopping complete, we headed back to the nut stand. Still not ready, but the nice lady said it would only be about 5 more minutes so we waited on the bench nearby. As soon as they were done she waved Claire over and gave her two bags for being so patient. I love last day pixie dust!
Our final stop was at the stand on way out that has ice cream and cotton candy. We were grabbing cotton candy for the ride home. While there, a man and his son were in front of us. They got a Mickey ice cream and water, but then the poor guy couldn't remember the pin number his wife assigned and she and his daughter were on another ride. The kid already had ice cream all over his face, so there was no going back. Dad was freaking out trying to figure out how to pay. So, I asked if he would just add it ours and let us get it since we had just been gifted a treat ourselves. It took a minute, but he finally accepted and was on his way. Then the guy running the stand said, "That was so sweet. One good deed deserves another, so yours is on the house too."
It was a perfectly magical way to end our trip!
We headed back to the room, grabbed our bags, did online checkout and headed out to get a taxi for the airport. Unlike the start of our vacation, the flight home left 10 minutes early and we were home in time for dinner!
Thanks to everyone who joined me for this report. I hope all of your adventures are magical!

Last edited:
Glad you had a fun trip with your daughter! My daughter is 8 and we are planning our next mother/daughter trip. My husband and son don’t love Disney as much but we love it!

Glad you had a fun trip with your daughter! My daughter is 8 and we are planning our next mother/daughter trip. My husband and son don’t love Disney as much but we love it!
That sounds fun! When mine were 8 and 9, I was a single mom and we went every summer. Now one loves it and the other is over it!

I see you're okay with wine. IMHO, Germany has some of the best wine in the world & is a great option at that pavilion.

Last edited:
I see you're okay with wine. IMHO, Germany has some of the best wine in the world & is a great option at that pavilion.
Very good to know! We stopped at the first place we saw with a short line which was a little kiosk in the front of the pavilion. They only had beer, soft drinks and this one Coke thing along with pretzels. Is the wine further back with a quick service?

Very good to know! We stopped at the first place we saw with a short line which was a little kiosk in the front of the pavilion. They only had beer, soft drinks and this one Coke thing along with pretzels. Is the wine further back with a quick service?
We haven't been in several years, so my info may be outdated. They used to sell wine in a shop in the main building near the back of the pavilion. Hopefully, someone who has been recently will chime in to let us know, if that's still the case.

One thing I forgot to add was this cool charging station my brother gave me for Christmas. This isn't really trip report related, but it saved us! We were able to charge both phones, both magic bands and our clutch portable chargers all at once every night using one outlet. It was awesome!!!

69380121246__6D42FEA7-0F09-40D2-8144-BD15F1A50DFA.jpg

What a fun trip! I really enjoyed reading through it this morning. I totally agree with you about the Tokyo Sunset -- such a good drink!

I loved reading about your trip. Sounds like you made some magical memories with your daughter. Well done Mama!

What a fun trip! I really enjoyed reading through it this morning. I totally agree with you about the Tokyo Sunset -- such a good drink!
Thank you! Do you have other drinks that you particularly like? My husband and I are going back in August and we are going to try this again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter