~We seldom report of having eaten too little~ 06/22 New Pre-Trip Posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEAVING TOMORROW!!​

:woohoo::woohoo::cheer2::cheer2::yay::yay:

I can't believe how quickly the past week has flown by! I suppose working crazy overtime will do that ;)

I'm all packed and ready to go and I plan on spending my day listening to live365 and tying up all the loose ends at work before I leave :goodvibes

Just wanted to let you guys know that this review will be LIVE as of tomorrow night and that I will also be posting live reports of the following:

Twitter

Follow me, Tinkerbelle_325, on twitter! I've set up an account exclusively for the purpose of tweeting from the parks about crowds, wait times, weather, food and "where in the world am i?" I also have this really awesome application called "TweetMic" that will let me post live audio clips from the parks :goodvibes

YouTube

Once again, Tinkerbelle_325, I'll be posting videoclips of shows, attractions, and general park and resort atmosphere.

Live Blog

My live blog, Tinkerbelle_325 does WDW Live!, is updated several times daily from my iPhone!

And of course, my review!

Just made it in time over here! I wanna be along for the "ride" (reviews!) :goodvibes

Have a wonderful time at CSR :thumbsup2 , we were just there 4 weeks ago and LOVED it!! :cloud9:

Can't wait for your reviews to start! popcorn::

That sushi plate reminded me of dh and I's 10th anniversary trip to Miami. We went to Nobu, which is mucho expensive and supposedly the best sushi on the planet.

Well...I didn't have a clue as to what I am doing and ordered 36 pieces of sushi :scared1: When the pyramid of sushi came, I was mortified! AND we ordered meals on top of that.

We ended up eating 12 pieces each and throwing away the remaining 12 pieces. And the meal ended up costing us $400!! :laughing: Definitely learned my lesson.

Can't wait to read all of your reviews and see your pics :thumbsup2

We've arrived!!​

We are here and having a fantastic time :goodvibes We are in a Jr Suite in Casitas 3 at Coronado Springs and I've already received a few lovely birthday surprises.

My Mom & Dad arranged for Disney Floral to send 1 dozen pink *pixie dusted* roses to the room! And there is even a hidden mickey :) There is also an amazing Happy Birthday banner on the wall.

I'll post more details and photos on my trip report: Celebrating my "champagne birthday" in Style! Turning 25 at WDW

Unfortunately, I was a bit out of it at dinner tonight and don't have many pictures.

We wanted comfort food, so we went to Romano's Macaroni Grill. We started with foccacia bread and olives, as well as mozzarella fritti.

Then we each had salads and pasta. DMom had angel hair pomodoro, DDad had penne rustica and I had fettuccine alfredo with shrimp! Everything was deicious, it hit the spit after a long travel day!

Up tomorrow:

Flame Tree BBQ & Chefs de France!

Oh yeah! Will be looking for your updates popcorn::

I'm particularly interested in your reviews of Tokyo Dining. I'm currently debating whether to book lunch there or at Tutto. I think everyone in my family, including my kids (ages 2 and 5) prefer sushi to Italian. I literally have to fight my kids for sushi. How's the sushi at Tokyo Dining?

Also, do you (or anyone else) know what is included in the DxDP at lunch there?

Hi Everyone!

So sorry for the lack of updates, but it has been a very busy couple of days! I have a few updates to catch up on, but for now I give you:

Victoria & Albert's!

I wasn't sure it was possible, but this meal was even better than our 1st experience! I am far too tired to list every course and menu item, but I will post a few pictures!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Top Left: Demitasse Cup with Smoked Salmon, Tomato Salad and Celery Root Puree
Top Right: Organic Hen's Egg Smoked Salmon Custard
Bottom Right: Potato Blini, Creme Fraiche, Egg Yolk, Cornichon & Caviar
Bottom Left: Smoked Salmon Panna Cottta

We also had the pleasure of meeting Chef Hunnel! He was so sweet and a pleasure to talk to :)

I'm joining in! I'm looking forward to all the reviews and can't wait to hear more about V&A!! :goodvibes

V&A Menu from March 25th 2010

Amuse-Bouche
Taittinger Prestige Cuvee NV

- Demitasse cup with smoked salmon, tomato salad and celery root puree
- Organic hen's egg smoked salmon custard
- Potato blini with creme fraiche, egg yolk, cornichon and caviar
- Smoked salmon panna cotta with salmon roe

1st Course
- Maine Lobster with Watermelon Radish, Kohlrabi, and Vanilla Aioli
Baileyana Chardonnay "Firepeak Vineyard" Edna Valley 2006
- Colorado Buffalo with Fennel, Honeybell Oranges and Lavosh
Lasseter Syrah Rose, Sonoma 2008
- Galilee Osetra Caviar with Traditional Garnishes $90 1/2 oz $180 1 oz
- DeSietra Osetra Caviar with Traditional Garnishes $60 1/2 oz $120 1 oz
Ciroc Vodka

2nd Course
- Diver Scallop with Florida Corn and Chorizo Sauce
Michel Redde Sancerre "Les Tuilieres" Loire 2007
- Popcorn-crusted Shrimp with Florida Corn and Chorizo Sauce (for DDad who can't eat scallops)
Michel Redde Sancerre "Les Tuilieres" Loire 2007
- Sake-Soy-marinated King Salmon with Bok Choy and Soy Beans
Kanbara "Bride of the Fox" Gohyakumangoku Junmai Ginjo, Nigata
- Wild Turbot with Toasted Capers and Meyer Lemon $30
Bisson Bianchetta, Golfo del Tigullio (DOC) Genova 2007
- Timbale of Ratatouille (made available by Chef Hunnel as requested by DDad)
Cesari Mara Ripasso Valpolicella, Veneto 2006

3rd Course
- Lobster Bisque with Vol au Vent and Vanilla Foam
Chimay Ale Peres Trappistes, Belgium
- Poulet Rouge with Mushroom-Truffle Ragout, Black Trumpet Mushrooms and English Peas
Cesari Mara Ripasso Valpolicella, Veneto 2006
- Duck Breast, Duck Sausage and Confit with Salsify and Pomegranate Sauce
Acacia "Winery Lake Vineyard" Pinot Noir, Carneros 2006

4th Course
- Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin and Belly with Baby Beets and Sherry-Bacon Vinaigrette
Trinitas "Old Vine" Zinfandel, Contra Costa County 2005
- Niman Ranch Lamb with Fresh Cannellini Bean Cassoulet
Beni Di Batasiolo Sovrana Barbera d' Alba, Piedmont DOC 2006
- Marcho Farms Veal Tenderloin, Shank and Sweetbread with Marble Potatoes and Sauce Soubise
Pirathon Shiraz, Barossa Valley 2005
- Australian "Kobe" Beef Tenderloin with Smoked Garlic Potato Puree $35
- Japanese Wagyu Tenderloin with Oxtail Jus
Benziger "Tribute" Sonoma Mountain 2006

5th Course
- 36-month Aged Parmigiano-Reggiano, Coach Farm Goat, Thomasville Tomme, Thomas Hoe Stevenson Stilton, (Fiscalini Cheddar subbed for DDad and I due to allergy)
Quinta do Crasto Late Bottled Vintage Potro 2003
- White Chocolate Gelato with Tableside Shavings and Micro Orchids
Paolo Saracco Moscato D'Asti, Piedmont 2007

6th Course
- Tanzanie Chocolate Pyramid with a Champagne-Chambord Truffle and Macarated Pomegranate Seeds
- Meyer Lemon and Blood Orange Purse with Blackberry-Violet Sherbet
- Caramelized Banana Gateau
- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
- Grand Marnier Souffle
- Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle

Can't wait to post the reviews :goodvibes

Joining in! :thumbsup2

We ate a V&A's in January and had the same menu! I have to say it was our best trip there, and the previous time I ate there was at the Chef's Table, but this last time was just great!

Wow, can't wait to hear the review of V&A! Thanks for posting the full menu-lots of fun for us foodies to drool over . . . I even picked from each course.

Looking forward to your V & A review. I am now one and a half weeks past my meal there and still dream of it :)

I'm curious to see if you chose similar dishes and whether they have made small modifications to them.

Wolfgang Puck Express

ry%3D400

Top: Smoked Bacon Breakfast Pizza
Bottom: Crispy Cornflake French Toast

Kona Island Sushi Bar

ry%3D400

Hawaiian Bread and Macadamia Nut Butter

ry%3D400

Lapu Lapu

ry%3D400

Sticky Wings

ry%3D400

Kona Salad

ry%3D400

California Luau Roll

ry%3D400

Volcano Roll

ry%3D400

Shrimp Tempura Roll

ry%3D400

Ohana Bread Pudding

Wow, those pictures are awesome! Everything looks delicious, especially that bread pudding!

I really want to try sushi but have not been able to bring myself to do it. After looking at your pics I think I'm ready:banana:

I love your reviews.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY:cake:

Terri

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter