We LOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holiday Inn Family Suites

We had no problems with traffic getting to HIFS.

And I forgot to mention the safe. What a great idea - usually I try to hide my valuables in some stupid place in the room - but with the safe, I just created my code, put my valuables/money in the safe and never worried about it!, like I usually did in the past.

My 14yr loved the dipping dots at HIFS (somekind of space-age ice cream he usually gets at the malls around here at home)

We were there from Fri 2/16 to Thursday 2/22. We loved it. What a great hotel! In addition to everything you loved, my kids loved the karoke. They really cater to the kids. We stayed 2 nights at Sheraton World after HIFS and we really missed HIFS. The separate Bedrooms are great, plus having a microwave for popcorn and for heating up snacks, it was great!!! I can't say enough about this hotel!! We have reservations there in September and can't wait to go. :D

All Star Sports Oct 2000
HIFS & Sheraton World Feb 2001

LOVED THAT COMMERCIAL, PETE!! :D

To those considering the All Stars vs the HIFS, I stayed at both and there is no comparison, IMHO.

The space, the atmosphere, the proximity to the parks, the pool, and that BREAKFAST... I'm sorry,we went the first week in January and my 8yo son is STILL talking about it... :rolleyes:

We are staying at an executive suite at the Dolphin in May and he's disappointed. Oh, well...

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

We left HIFS on 2/22 night as well and our flight was cancelled, I bet yours was too. I wished I had just gone back to HIFS for those 2 extra nights instead of THAT Radisson. But as popular as the HIFS is, I guess I wouldn't have been able to get a room on such short notice.

Oh, and
my 4yr old met and hugged JJbear who was taking a walk near the pool one day.

Forgot to mention how CLEAN this hotel is. The bar was nice, my husband and I would have a drink a couple of nights after having walked all day.

Well l think l have made up my mind, and l plan on staying at the HIFS, just deciding on 7 nights or 10 nights, with a difference of about $500.00 cdn dollars for the extra three nights. My hubby keeps on saying just pick something and l will be happy!! We will be getting the 5 day pass for the 7 or the 10 nights, and then we will decide down there if we want to do other things. To be able to do a park every other day would be enjoyable, and just enjoying the other things to do at the hotel. I really look forward to going, as l have never been to Florida before. Is there alot to do just outside the hotel like restaurants, go karts, or other entertainment, if we need it, and not too exhausted for it. Is there a grocery store nearby the hotel, and l understand their is a super Walmart nearby, anybody been there? Thanks for all your suggestions, and the information that l have gained from this discussion form is very valuable and appreciated.

Thanks, Karen :cool:

I chose this hotel based on their web-site and all the good stuff I read on these boards and I'm so happy I did. You won't believe how convenient the location is. It sits on International Gateway (I think that's the name of the highway) which takes you to so much - we went to Ripley's Believe It or Not and The Titanic, and there's so much else to do on that strip.

Typhoon Lagoon, Pleasure Island, Downtown Disney, Disney Boardwalk and other stuff were to me, like around the corner.

HIFS v ASMovies

We have stayed at both. Even with your great rate on site, HIFS will be less expensive because of the tremendous food value. Breakfast is VERY complete and pretty good quality. Free. When we stayed at ASM and had breakfast at the food court, I could not believe how much it added up. Our family consistently had lunch, for 6 of us, for about $12. Pizza Hut/A&W and the sit down place were both pretty darn good. And they had $1. beer for happy hour every day!

Spacewise, there is absolutely NO COMPARISON. The HIFS space is not huge, but it is perfectly planned, so many needs are met. My kids are begging to go back there because of the kids room with Nintendo. They fought over the bunk beds, and we had to rotate!! The parents room was very comfortable, and PRIVATE. Desk, TV, closet, drawers, it was all there. Plus fridge and microwave for the leftovers. Bathroom is much larger than average, with built in shelf storage. Very clean. ASM was tiny by comparison.

The other big difference is the swimming. HIFS is 1000 times better. Heated, spacious, with a lot of fun toys. We spent hours there. Honestly, it was hard to leave this place to go find other entertainment. Not so with ASM.

Location is excellent. You have a direct highway right into Disney property.

No contest -- HIFS.

all the positive reports on this hotel. Dsis and I arrive May 7th.....I cant wait!!!!!!!

Caribbean Beach 91
Off site 92
Off site Caribe Royale 97
All Sports 00
HIFS 5/01
yesears.gif

Hi, I don't want to be rude, but can anyone tell me what rate they got for staying in Oct/Nov of 2001? Thanks so m uch!

I am soooo glad I found this board. We have been debating this same question. I have stayed on site the past 5 times that we have been. But, like so many others can not afford the spacious resorts. We have to go value and they are nice. You get that special Disney treatment from the moment you hit the door.

But, I wanted to go on more of a budget this time and the thought of having seperate rooms from my kids is heaven!! Don't get me wrong I love them so much!! But it would just be nice.

My one big thing is the shuttle service How does this run? I am so used to the shuttles on Property and I am worried that they will not run very often. Also, do they run to downtown disney? What kind of eateries are in this area of the HIFS? Also, do you really feel like you are lacking anything by not staying on disney property? Sorry, for all of the questions. I already have ressies for ASMO but, I am thinking about changing them this is for the week of Nov 3rd. I know I have lots of time but I like to Plan.

Thanks!! Disney Diann

Canucksie: There is a Publix "right around the corner" from the HIFS. It was about a 7 minute drive if that, just ask the front desk. We opted to go to the Kissimmee US 192 Super Walmart for our snacks, breakfast, and lunch necessities, and we bought so much for less than $100 that we did not finish it all.. I believe the HIFS is about as centrally located as you can get. Great Location + Great Prices + Great Facilities + Great Staff = ONE GREAT TIME !!! Hope you have a grand time in Florida, I am staring at a new foot of snow in NY and wish I was going back to the sun and fun again...

We stayed at HIFS and ASMu last Feb(2000). My family is DH, DS (age 3) DD (18mo). My son LOVED having his own room! The TV/VCR in the kid area was great for helping the kids to "unwind" before naps or bed. We thought the breakfast was good, and really saved us alot. The pool area is wonderful, and there are play houses next to the kiddie pool-which my kids really enjoyed. Now they've even added a playground structure with tunnels, slides, etc. It was so nice to be able to put the kids to bed and not have to go to bed ourselves at that time. The frige was "free" here as opposed to $10/day at ASMu. The space was much better. I like the AS resorts theming, but I don't like the rooms and the food court prices. The location of HIFS is fantastic...it is so close to WDW, we couldn't believe it! My son now thinks all hotels are as great as HIFS (we don't travel much!) and can't wait to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter