we leave next Saturday...

scotlass

<b><font color=red>Proud Redhead</b><br><font colo
and I have a sinus infection and Labyrinthitis.

I have antibiotics from the sinus but Labyrinthitis can take up to a month to clear.

:sad:

*hugs* that sounds not very nice at all hun. I hope that your trip goes well and you have a speedy recovery! x

I hate labyrinythitus, i suffer alot from it. I had an ear infection a week beforei left and my ears were sopainful landingin mco this month

I hope it all clears in time

Oh no..

A word of advise... Since labyrinythitus is cause my bacteria usually from a head cold or sinus infection, try not to blow your nose. When you blow your nose it forces pressure on the ears canal that goes from your sinus to your ear and the bacteria can travel to the ears each time you blow. If you have to blow your nose do it gently.

Another thing I find helpful with labyrinythitus is to put olive oil in my ears.

What you do is put a little oil on a metal spoon. Then hold the metal spoon over an open flame such as a gas stove flame. You just need to heat it a wee bit so be careful how long you have it over the flame. When you remove it from the flame with clean hands touch the oil to make sure its not too hot. Just needs to be warm. Before you heat the oil grab a cotton ball as well. Once the oil is warm tilt you head to one side and using the spoon that is holding the warm oill, pour a bit into your ear then put a cotton ball in your ear. Keeping your head titled to the side so the oil does not run out, go and lay down for a bit with the ear that has the oil in it face up. Usually I lay down for about 20 minutes. Then I get up and repeat the process for the other ear and it makes it feel so much better.

Google "Sweet oil for ears" and you will see what I am talking about.

I hope you recover in time for your trip. In 2001, I travelled to Orlando and during the flight I started to feel like I had a bit of a cold. I ended up in the Emergency Room in Orlando with Sinusitis and a fever of 109!

Get plenty of rest, vitamin C and get the worst of it out of your system because sinus and ear problems on a flight isn't pretty!

Best of luck to you!

Really hope you feel better in time for your trip - take good care of yourself and get lots of rest! x

Thank you for all the wonderful advice and pixie dust.
The pain is not a problem, I suffer from migraines so I have a high pain threshold.
The dizzyness though is killin me.
I fell ower last night and have a massive bruise and swelling above my eye !!!

Great look for photies eh !! pirate:

Perhaps u should ask ur gp for some stemetil. This is for giddiness and also nausea. Hope u have a lovely trip. Everyone is different and what may have been horrendous for one might not be that bad for another. As u have a high pain threshold im sure the dizziness will be most troublesome but the abx will help with that. They do olice oil in dropper bottles which is easier to put in.

From about April this year I had terrible tingling in my face which started getting worse and worse. I convinced myself I had something really bad and then had the most terrible vertigo attack. The room didn't stop spinning for an hour. I then felt dizzy all the time and had a MRI to find out I had a bad inner ear infection. It was actually a relief to know what it was. I was very worried about flying as I was still feeling dizzy on and off by the time our holiday came around but doctor said ok to fly. I made sure I contacted my travel insurance and added this as pre existing condition. Cost £30 for whole year. Anyway I didn't feel any worse after flight but I did stay away from roller coaters for first 2 weeks. Dizziness actually went by end of but I think this was due to not stressing about it anymore and being far more relaxed. hope this helps.

If you think the infection my be in or come from your throat then eat fresh pineapple. There is an emzyme in pineapple which kills most throat bugs. My dd used to get throat and ear infections about 4 times a year (really badly infact hospital twice once it caused septacemia). Since we found out about the pineapple she gets rid of them within a few days - and very rarely needs antibiotics now. You need to suck on the chunks to get most of the juice out before chewing them. After abou 1/2 the whole pineapple you can actually feal it attack your throat. I couldn't believe how well it worked when I tried it out.
Also use sea bands to combat the nausea- they work for me

PS- I'm not some non presecription drug lover - I am infact a chemist - but this really does work and is now my "drug" of choice for throat and head colds.

Hope something works for you

mackay_j said:
If you think the infection my be in or come from your throat then eat fresh pineapple. There is an emzyme in pineapple which kills most throat bugs. My dd used to get throat and ear infections about 4 times a year (really badly infact hospital twice once it caused septacemia). Since we found out about the pineapple she gets rid of them within a few days - and very rarely needs antibiotics now. You need to suck on the chunks to get most of the juice out before chewing them. After abou 1/2 the whole pineapple you can actually feal it attack your throat. I couldn't believe how well it worked when I tried it out.
Also use sea bands to combat the nausea- they work for me

PS- I'm not some non presecription drug lover - I am infact a chemist - but this really does work and is now my "drug" of choice for throat and head colds.

Hope something works for you

Wow will have to try this! Thanks for the tip! Much cheaper then constantly buying vitamins, Berocca, antibiotics etc etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter