We Have Returned

Hi Jack~I'm just curious if you called CHP or anything about the creepy guy you saw?
We live near there so your story makes me nervous! :scared1:

Hi Jack~I'm just curious if you called CHP or anything about the creepy guy you saw?
We live near there so your story makes me nervous! :scared1:
Having worked security off and on for a number of reasons I had not valid reason to give them a buzz. He did nothing other than ask me to buy him some gas. Just thought the incident to be "out of the ordinary." Just like some of the movie scenes you see on TV that go wrong for the family. I did get his license #, make and model incase something came up later.
Just creepy.

Jack

Gosh Jack, that is a scary, creepy story! I was sorry to read about the stroller/stitches incident! I hope the rest of your trip was full of fun though and that your family had as great a time as mine did. We just loved the Grand and it made our whole trip so much better. Did you see us?(lol!) Mine were the kids with smiles on their faces the whole time!

How is your DD? I can't believe that someone was that malicious with a stroller and I was glad to read that you had them kicked them out. How was the villa? I hope it was everything you hoped for and more. At least I know you enjoyed the heat! I was roasting hot but still managed to have a great time.

Gosh Jack, that is a scary, creepy story! I was sorry to read about the stroller/stitches incident! I hope the rest of your trip was full of fun though and that your family had as great a time as mine did. We just loved the Grand and it made our whole trip so much better. Did you see us?(lol!) Mine were the kids with smiles on their faces the whole time!

How is your DD? I can't believe that someone was that malicious with a stroller and I was glad to read that you had them kicked them out. How was the villa? I hope it was everything you hoped for and more. At least I know you enjoyed the heat! I was roasting hot but still managed to have a great time.

I took Alex's stitches out when we got back and the wound looks pretty good. My observation is the agressive stroller pushers are female. There seems to be an expectation that everyone has to get out of their way???
We loved the Villas, it will be hard to stay elsewhere. It was warm but enjoyable, all in all we had an excellent trip which changes everytime we go.

Jack

One of our friends had a very similar scary experience driving home from DLR ... it was very late at night, and this was off the 5 around Stockton (Northern SF Bay Area). Their DS4 had to go to the bathroom ... my friend says in retrospect she would of just had him pee in a cup in the car rather than pull off the 5 after dark.

Is it the Wheel of Death only in the swinging gondolas? :)

One of our friends had a very similar scary experience driving home from DLR ... it was very late at night, and this was off the 5 around Stockton (Northern SF Bay Area). Their DS4 had to go to the bathroom ... my friend says in retrospect she would of just had him pee in a cup in the car rather than pull off the 5 after dark.

Is it the Wheel of Death only in the swinging gondolas? :)

I say yes, in the outside gondolas that are fixed to the wheel it's just MFW.

My observation is the agressive stroller pushers are female. There seems to be an expectation that everyone has to get out of their way???

Jack

That struck me as funny...only because MY observation during the many years we used strollers at Disneyland, was that the people I always had to dart backwards from to keep them from crushing my kid because of a stupid attempt to jump over the stroller, were men! LOL!!:rotfl:

Seriously, though, in 14 years of using strollers there, I have NEVER hit anyone with a stroller. I'm more the type to stand off to the side while the thick of the crowd passes, though, or to hang back when somebody is intent on getting in front of us.

Very sorry to hear that your daughter was hurt, that sounds like it would really hurt!:sad2:

I think if we had seen the show early on Monday as planned the impression may have been different. We heard the music 3 times a night while staying at the Villas plus it is broadcast(music) on the TV. We will be back again and we will give it another shot. I would like it more if it had reserved seating, but that is just me.
Creepy experience: On the way home I wan't a picture of Castle Crags early am so I pulled of the road in a very isolated place about 0615, the way a small truck near by. I got my camera equipment out and this guy in his mid 40's walked up behind be(about 10 feet away) and asked me to buy some gas for him. He asked me if I carried any credit cards, debit cards, or cash to buy gas. (Mean while in the car my kids and wife are freaking that this man is the I-5 killer and they all were going to die.) I just turned around and told him no, I do not car those things. He kinda got a weird expression on his face looked me over for 30 seconds and then walked off, him not knowing that I am always armed with a .357 and I thought I was going to have to use it. Lesson learned, NO dark highway pulloff's with the family around, they still are freaked about the encounter.

Jack

So, just catching up on this thread and saw this. We had this happen to us as well. We drove home this past Sunday 8/22 (got to stay an extra day yeah) and we were in a pretty isolated area between LA and Stockton, but ours was during the afternoon time. A man came up asking for gas for his van. He had a can, but no van around. Asked similar questions about credit cards and such. My other half literally threw a quarter at him (not sure what that was all about), but the man stood there and would not leave. What he didn't know was he approached a car full of blackbelts. Must be a rash of something going on down there.

It was great to read your posts, as we overlapped our time at DL. Sounds like a good time had by all, and happy to hear another WA DISser made it home safe. :)

I think we'll take the 101 up to my parent's house in the Bay Area from Long Beach this Christmas....

So, just catching up on this thread and saw this. We had this happen to us as well. We drove home this past Sunday 8/22 (got to stay an extra day yeah) and we were in a pretty isolated area between LA and Stockton, but ours was during the afternoon time. A man came up asking for gas for his van. He had a can, but no van around. Asked similar questions about credit cards and such. My other half literally threw a quarter at him (not sure what that was all about), but the man stood there and would not leave. What he didn't know was he approached a car full of blackbelts. Must be a rash of something going on down there.

It was great to read your posts, as we overlapped our time at DL. Sounds like a good time had by all, and happy to hear another WA DISser made it home safe. :)

We always think about driving safely and sometimes forget when we exit the car in strange areas. I do not agree with your husbands action. I only mentioned our circumstance just because I have not run into this problem on the freeways, but I have run into this problem in many urban areas. The economy maybe driving these types of situations out to the more public areas such as the biways. Glad your back safe and sound.

Jack

All in all it was an excellent trip. We averaged 22 rides and a show a day and the trick always is go early. Thanks for reading my post and for your well wishes and support.

Jack

yip- sounds just like what we go thru everyday in Stockton- I am serious this city is really miserable.... do not stop near stockton LOL! Glad to hear you made it home safely!

All in all it was an excellent trip. We averaged 22 rides and a show a day and the trick always is go early. Thanks for reading my post and for your well wishes and support.

Jack
Your "Non-TR" was a fun and informative piece. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, observations, and experiences. Glad you had a great time with your family and that you made it home safely.

Jack, Glad to see you are home safe and sound. There seems to be more and more of that kind of stuff happening out there on the road. Personally most of them, are just plain panhadling, especially in rest stops...... but out there where you were?? Now that sounds creeeeepy! :scared1: Not that you should have pulled out your gun or anything, but if he had tried something fishy, it would have served him right, me thinks!:thumbsup2 Give that guy a good scare. Kind of like "Crocodile Dundee," when he pulls out the serious knife. (Dating myself here.) :laughing:

Sorry about your DD's mishap!! That was one serious stroller accident. Yikes! Did the lady ever say she was sorry? Or did she just swear at you? Just sad, sad, sad these days.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience at Club 33. I was able to go last year with my mom and 2 sisters. One of them has cancer, so it was just a very wonderful and special time to spend with her.

I also love the Grand. Have not stayed in the villas, but have been into one with a friend. Next year, a bunch of us ladies are going to stay in the 2 bedroom villa. Can't wait! :goodvibes So glad to hear your reviews are very positive. :thumbsup2

I am waiting to make my observations on the WoC. Don't flame me, but I am not a real true fan of Fantasmic. But, and this is a big but, I absolutley love the RDCT fireworks. I am willing to spend hours to wait for it, as it usually is my DL highlight. On a side note, I love the Bellagio fountains, so I am hoping that the WoC will become a highlight for me at DCA.

Do you have any favorite moments that stand out for you on this trip?

Take care and once again, thanks for being a true patriot.:darth: (That was as close as I could get for a military dude.) :rolleyes1

As usual I'm late to the party...I thought I'd check out how your DL trip went. :)

Villas can not be beat. Room is beyond my expections along with the service.

Aren't the villas great? We love them and can't wait to go back in Nov.

Back for a break, had to take Alexandra over to emegent care to get two stitches in her ankle, another stroller nazi got her.

The person pushing the stroller was fast jogging and went to zig around a person and then she zagged right in Alex. I complained to security, she continued on and I finally caught her and then I filed a report with security and we took Alex to the have the ding checked and stitched. What a foul mouth this woman had................whats the world coming to.
I cost me time and I had to pay the bill, I will get the money back, but security asked what I wanted done and I asked for them to be removed from the park. There are a lot of stupid people who come here and do not attempt to play. I could have punched the male person out but I am getting older and am trying to be more tactful.

Alex has had JRA/RA and is on chemotherapy for the disease process, she does not need any more problems than she has.

Just because you have a ticket does not give anyone the right to be here if they do not want to play fair.

So sorry! I can never understand why some people think they are so special that they don't have to be concerned about what happens to anyone else that happens to be in their path.:sad2:

We have to pick up our Club 33 package for dinner tonight at Guest Relations(I have always found that to be a strange name especially here at DLR.) So everyone is looking forward to that experience especially me since I met Walt many years ago. To bad he did not live longer to see his Club materialize.

Thanks for sharing your Club 33 experience on the other thread. I can only imagine how awesome it would be.

Back from and F and it was wonderful as per. They did a great job on Murphy. I love the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln since I love history and this country so much. Park continues to be busy but not like last year. They had two medical emergencies that we saw today, both looked like heart attacks, old gomers like me. Tomorrow is my birthday and our last day in the parks with so much to do and not alot of time but we have all day

Happy belated Birthday! No calling yourself an old gomer, I don't think you fully qualify yet.

I did got see WOC with a FP, last show of the night. I was a bit underwhelmed, maybe it was just being tired.
Spent half the day or it seems like it riding the MWoD. I found this very relaxing and the CM just let me go as long as the line did not pick up.

MWoD is not relaxing to me.:lmao:

Creepy experience: On the way home I wan't a picture of Castle Crags early am so I pulled of the road in a very isolated place about 0615, the way a small truck near by. I got my camera equipment out and this guy in his mid 40's walked up behind be(about 10 feet away) and asked me to buy some gas for him. He asked me if I carried any credit cards, debit cards, or cash to buy gas. (Mean while in the car my kids and wife are freaking that this man is the I-5 killer and they all were going to die.) I just turned around and told him no, I do not car those things. He kinda got a weird expression on his face looked me over for 30 seconds and then walked off, him not knowing that I am always armed with a .357 and I thought I was going to have to use it. Lesson learned, NO dark highway pulloff's with the family around, they still are freaked about the encounter.

I go everywhere with my pistol. I have carried it into DLR without thinking about it, it is a habit. I wonder what the dude was thinking about how did I buy gas when I was on the road. I am just one of those guys that will shoot if I have to, then I would have to call 911. Might have been a bad situation and all I wanted is a photo.

Ew creepy! You sound so much like some of my family, they would have handled it the same way.

I took Alex's stitches out when we got back and the wound looks pretty good. My observation is the agressive stroller pushers are female. There seems to be an expectation that everyone has to get out of their way???
We loved the Villas, it will be hard to stay elsewhere. It was warm but enjoyable, all in all we had an excellent trip which changes everytime we go.

Great report...now it's time to start planning the next trip! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter