We Have A Contract

DrTomorrow

Your Disney friend from the Future!<br><font color
Greetings!

Well, the BIG FedEx package came today (we talked to our Guide, Jim "Jim" McCoy, last Saturday - 6 days ago). In it was:

1. A packet of documents, filled to the brim with legalese, requiring dates and signatures - yes, I finally figured out the Ears and the Palms thing (I guess that X's and dotted lines are just not 'magic' enough). One minor error - my DW's name was on as a co-owner ::Owww:: - nope, no errors here.

1.5. A FedEx envelope. Nice touch, but no pixie dust - an owl would have been much cooler.

2. A personal copy of the above documents, for those days when you have a little trouble getting to sleep.

3. A folder of government-mandated propectuses (prospectii?), warnings, notices, etc - all part of the Federal Keep The Printers and Paper Mills In Business Act of 1906.

4. Our Member Guidebook, repository of all of the information necessary to enjoy our new Home, such as the secret handshake and pass-phrase to get you in all parks for free.

5. Two temporary DVC Membership Cards, which confer upon us all honors and privileges of DVC ownership, including (but not limited to) pool-hopping in every pool in the Lower 48 states (except Utah), Front Of The Line access to every attraction, (for SSR owners only) the right to smugly ask other DVC owners where they're going to stay in 2047, and (for OKW owners only) the right to ridicule the size of other DVC resort rooms.

6. One of the most fabulous - and bizarre - backpacks I have ever seen. Don't get me wrong, it looks great! Brown leatherette (embossed with the DVC picture logo) and blue canvas; very attractive. And it can be configured to be either worn as a backpack or carried like a bag - it buckles shut, much more secure than Velco. What confuses me is all the zippers, what are they all for? Seriously, folks, I'm gonna need help with this. The one on the side I sort of understand - you can get at your stuff without unbuckling. But the one that zips around the bottom - do that many people carry around dinner plates? But the real stumper is the one on the inside bottom - is that so you can unzip it and let all your stuff fall out? Maybe there is still more to be revealed to me once we close - including the zipper secrets.

So, tomorrow - after a good night's sleep - we're going to get Notarized (always sounds painful), sign and date it all, call QA, and FedEx it back to The Truman Show - oops, Celebration. Finally, we can sit back, relax and stop the Disney planning for a while.... What? We leave for the Polynesian in less than 3 weeks? Where will we eat??? What day is EMH for AK??? Is it too late to get a CRT ressie??? See ya later, folks - I've got work to do!

Minor update: 24 hours later.

We went to our bank this morning, but they refused to notarize our DVC Mortgage form because the mortgage wasn't through them :( . But we went to a "UPS Store" down the road, and for $2, we were notarized (didn't hurt a bit). Signed, dated, dated, signed - stuffed it all in the FedEx envelope and dropped it off at a FedEx Pick-up Box at Kinko's.

Thanks again to all who helped us on this incredible journey ( ;) ), to those kind enough to compliment my posts, and to those who simply followed along.

Oh, and next time you're at SSR, and you see a 50-something, shorter, balding gentleman coming up to talk to you, run - 'cause I'm 42, 6'4" with a beard and glasses; I don't know who the heck that other guy is!

Congrats! I'm glad your package finally came!! WELCOME HOME NEIGHBOR!!!!

Welcome Home :)

If you can figure out the backpack gift you are ahead of me.

As much as I hate to admit it, I will be lucky to see DVCI to its conclusion.

Now back to the planning....

Welcome home Dr. Tomorrow. Excellent post. My hat is off to you (I wasn't really wearing a hat so it was off anyways). You should really consider medication!;)

HBC

Yeah
somebody as confused as me.
I have the same backpack, I use the bottom for rain ponchos but I'm stumped as to why it zips all the way around.
Oh well. They do look nice.
Congrats, now go sign those ears and date the palms. (I think)
Been a few months. LOL

Goofy here.
July:bounce:

Got our FedEx box late yesterday too!!! Guess there won't be any 2 hr. turnaround happening here!!! Now, to obsess over 'oh my god...what if they don't give me financing??!!'. Am I the only one who gets this way?? I am just so stressed over the whole thing. This is worse than getting CRT!!

Dr. Tommorrow & goofy4tink,

Congrats & welcome home!! goofy4tink, I was alittle worried about mom getting financing. But she got it. If you have an questions call the number that came with your paperwork or call your guide. Take a deep breath & relax, it will work out.

Allison an associate
Offically DVC 7/23/03

Originally posted by goofy4tink
Got our FedEx box late yesterday too!!! Guess there won't be any 2 hr. turnaround happening here!!! Now, to obsess over 'oh my god...what if they don't give me financing??!!'. Am I the only one who gets this way?? I am just so stressed over the whole thing. This is worse than getting CRT!!

goofy4tink:

I'll share my experiences and hopefully it will put your mind at ease. I was a bit worried too, mostly because of my employment situation. Within the last month I resigned from a company for which I had worked almost 12 years. I left the job to pursue a career as a consultant and am presently "self employed."

DW is employed part-time--about 15 to 18 hours per week. Just enough time to give a couple of retired grandmothers some quality time with our little ones.

Obviously I've taken steps to protect my family, and have few worries about what the future holds. I didn't make such a change haphazardly. Nevertheless, I was concerned at how DVC would view the situation.

After receiving our documents, I called DVC and asked if I could fax over the credit application and get word on the approval before I met with our attourney to review the remaining documents.

Docs were faxed over this past Wednesday.

By Friday I had not heard back, so I called and was put in touch with Carol, who I was told "makes all of the decisions" regarding financing. Within an hour Carol called me back to say that everything was fine and that we were approved. She practically laughed at me on the phone for being concerned.

I don't know a single thing about what data companies use to approve / deny credit to individuals. We had been prepared to put up to 25% down on the purchase. I've seen many here report that if credit is questionable, DVC will approve people with 20% down instead of the minimum 10%. Well, our guide convinced me to go with the 10% level since interest and payments wouldn't start until May '04 on our SSR purchase. Makes sense--I earn interest on my money instead of giving it all to DVC now.

We ended up getting approved with just the 10% down. Couldn't be happier, and can't wait for our first trip "home".

If you want to get pre-approved, look for the financing fax number in your packet. I believe it was printed on the last page of documents that was in the stack to be returned in the Fed Ex envelope. Fax them the credit application and all other related info (tax returns and/or paycheck stubs.) On the cover page, ask to be contacted with the approval status, and someone should get in touch with you once they run it through. I was told it could take a couple of days, that ended up being the case for me.

tjkraz...thanks for the support!!! We're putting down 20% so hopefully that will help. Heck, at this point I'll empty what's left in my equity line and give them 50%!!!!!! But, my bathroom really, really needs to be rehabbed. We'll see how it all shakes out. Thanks again all!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter