We did it! Owners at OKW 2057 expiration :)

Awesome! Were you put on a waitlist for points. If so how long did it take?

We did the tour knowing that we only wanted OKW 2057. They had the inventory (100 points--enough for a week in a studio in the time of year we like to go or a 1 bed every other year) in the use year that would work for us. It was literally the easiest thing I've ever purchased in my life. If you have a really high credit score, they really don't even ask for any of your other financial info other than a formality after the fact. We had to finance, but within around 2 years I am hoping we will be done paying for it with tax returns/work bonuses.....the things we were using to rent point from others to go every year. Once this is paid for, our next contract will likely be a resale Animal Kingdom Lodge of maybe 75-100 points. I can justify the direct purchase because it was $155/point. I could've had to wait a long while to find a contract like that resale, and there would be no guarantee that I would even get it/Disney wouldn't have taken it with the 2057 expiration....and then I would've been renting again next year as opposed to just paying on my own contract. Now I have 2019 & 2020 points for next year. :D

We did the tour knowing that we only wanted OKW 2057. They had the inventory (100 points--enough for a week in a studio in the time of year we like to go or a 1 bed every other year) in the use year that would work for us. It was literally the easiest thing I've ever purchased in my life. If you have a really high credit score, they really don't even ask for any of your other financial info other than a formality after the fact. We had to finance, but within around 2 years I am hoping we will be done paying for it with tax returns/work bonuses.....the things we were using to rent point from others to go every year. Once this is paid for, our next contract will likely be a resale Animal Kingdom Lodge of maybe 75-100 points. I can justify the direct purchase because it was $155/point. I could've had to wait a long while to find a contract like that resale, and there would be no guarantee that I would even get it/Disney wouldn't have taken it with the 2057 expiration....and then I would've been renting again next year as opposed to just paying on my own contract. Now I have 2019 & 2020 points for next year. :D
This is a good point. I’ve been wanting 2057 OKW points—even went so far as to put an offer in on a resale. Didn’t work out though. Maybe direct OKW isn’t such a bad deal....

We bought a 100 point contract direct at the beginning of the year with our June use year we also got 2018 points and banked them. 2057 contracts don't come up often in resale. Saw one recently for 100 points, asking price was $113 pp but no points till 2020. Direct is a little more,but points go in the account that day, no ROFR.

Just added on OKW 40 points direct, August use year. Tried to find a small contract 2057 and got tired of looking. Two of my kids are Disney nuts like we are and I know they will(also grandchildren) enjoy our points when the wife and I can't go. Called on a Monday and got points the next day. This was about two weeks ago. Already banked the 2018 points and with my other points I have booked a week next year.

We are waiting on ROFR on a OKW 2057 contract. Hopefully it will go through. We paid full asking price at $98/point.

Congratulations I love OKW. That is one of my home resort I own there and AKL. Love both! I bought direct with OKW but didn't do my homework well enough and know to buy a UY so that I could get previous years points. That's my only regret.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter