We dealt with the SPIDERS...what will it be this year?

What a great story about the ADRs! So, when do we get to hear which ones ADRs you made? :goodvibes

Thanks:goodvibes I have a hair appt tomorrow morning and then I'll post our ADR's!

Great update Queen! I hope I get her the next time I call! When you have time you should go to my ptr, I updated today! I went to Toy Story 3 On Ice today! I've been trying to find my memory card adaptor so I can upload my photos...I will find it tonight! I'm going to update tomorrow with all 400+ pics :o I know! Tell Jasmine I say hi!

I will be checking your PTR out right away!! Jasmine says hi too!!

Hi Doll! Im here and caught up! :goodvibes

Must admit: I was fantastically jealous when I saw that I didnt make it (and had missed) 8 pages!! You're the popular girl in DISboards High School ;) However it was nice to wake up @ home and have something to read.

Im sorry Jasmine was sick - but relieved to hear that she was feeling better. A few old Disney flicks and some gingerale always cure me at least!

Im SO happy you guys got to have a DisMeet up there. Pancakes and good times with friends? :grouphug: Super jealous- makes me want to try and get one going around here in MA!

Ill post a few pics & get back to my TR- but cant wait to read more. SO GLAD youre back on the PTR circuit!!!

:hug: hugs to you & Jasmine xxoo

Ha!! I have to agree!! you really are the popular girl in DISboards High School !!! :flower3: Not that I'm jealous or anything!!

I'm off to Grand Forks and Fargo for the Weekend!!! Let's hope the weather holds out!! :worship:

Debbie

Is everyone as excited as I am that it's Friday? I've had one of those weeks:confused3 Oh well, it's over and I can't wait for a beautiful weekend, at least they're saying it's going to be a beautiful weekend...we all know how wrong the weatherman can be though, don't we?;)

A few weeks before I started this PTR it was time for us to make our ADR's. My darling sister was in charge of that but when she went to do it, she found out because of the way she had booked with DVC we could only do 2 days the first go around and wait for the rest of them. So on the day we were supposed to make the rest of them, she was scheduled to work at 715am so I got up at 6am to make them...I know...i"m a giver, what can I say:lmao:

So up I got, turned the coffee pot on, and settled down at the kitchen table with the cordless phone. I called and got the sweetest person on the other end that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with at WDW! I told her we were DVC members (note how I said we:rotfl2:) and that I needed to make some ADR's, gave her our confirmation number and we were off!! She told me we would go through all our ADR's see what times we could get as close to ours as possible and once that was all done she would give me all the confirmation numbers!:worship:

We were having a great time, laughing, chatting about the restaurants, you know, an overall great experience. We did the last ADR and she was giving me the second confirmation number when the phone fell, hit the floor, the back flew off and the battery out...yup the phone was dead:scared1: Not gonna lie, I went into full panic mode!!!

I ran around the house looking for the other cordless and found it quickly thank the good lord!! I dialed, pretty much in tears at this point thinking I had lost everything we just did, when I hear the sweetest voice before it even connected say "Queen, is that you". I said yes...is that you? She said of course it's me I was waiting for you:hug: I believe at that moment I told her I loved her, that she was my new best friend and maybe told her she could have my first born:rotfl2: Yup, I would have sold my soul at that moment:rolleyes1

I sent Peg an email telling her what happened and she couldn't believe my luck...and neither could I. I said to her it has to be a good omen for our upcoming trip....at least that's what we're going with!!!

I will update again tomorrow...I just had to share that story with all my buddies!!!:grouphug:

Yessss.... Friday!!! I'm with ya!! Nice to hear about such a "giving" person you are!! :lmao:
But.. OMG!!! I would have been freaking out when/if I dropped the phone!!
Thank goodness it all worked out!! Makes a nice story now!! :eek:

well Have a good weekend!! As I said in previous post , I'm off to grand forks for the weekend. I wonder if I'll ever find time to finish my Trip Report!! :rotfl:

Debbie

I had that same feeling of terror when I was on the phone with a cast member making plans for this last trip. I use something called a Magic Jack that has one end that plugs into my laptop and the other end has a phone jack so I can make a receive calls through my computer and it usually works great, I have a Maine phone number and can call anywhere in the States for free. The day I was making reservations the internet was not the greatest and I lost the call halfway through! I was in a complete panic when my phone rand and it was the cast member I had been speaking to! They have caller ID!:thumbsup2 What a relief that was!
Can't wait to here what ARDs you got!!

Queen - that's a great story about the phone. :rotfl2: I shouldn't laugh at your distress, but that is totally something that would happen to me!

Wow! What do you think the odds are of getting the same CM? The ADR Gods were with you that day!!:laughing:

Karma baby! You get what you give -- and I'd say you have some good karma stored up for such an occasion :) Glad you got through to the same CM. That kind of thing can make ALL the difference. I had a great Dining Reservations CM recommend the specialty dining at Cali Grill for my anniversary diner - NEVER would have thought of that, but I sure took credit for it with DH ;)

Have a wonderful (and hopefully warm) weekend -- XO

Yay!!!! Glad it all worked out :goodvibes ( And that Jasmine does not have to be sacrificed)

I really enjoyed the photos of your DISMeet. Nothing like a table full of happy Disney people.

nice story!!! It's nice how things happen for a reason :)

Ha!! I have to agree!! you really are the popular girl in DISboards High School !!! :flower3: Not that I'm jealous or anything!!

I'm off to Grand Forks and Fargo for the Weekend!!! Let's hope the weather holds out!! :worship:

Debbie

You guys are so funny! I'm just glad you're all here to chat with...it's the best part of my day!!!

I have to say, I am a bit envious about your trip....I wish I had thought to go this weekend...we're planning the week of the long weekend in May:rolleyes1

I had that same feeling of terror when I was on the phone with a cast member making plans for this last trip. I use something called a Magic Jack that has one end that plugs into my laptop and the other end has a phone jack so I can make a receive calls through my computer and it usually works great, I have a Maine phone number and can call anywhere in the States for free. The day I was making reservations the internet was not the greatest and I lost the call halfway through! I was in a complete panic when my phone rand and it was the cast member I had been speaking to! They have caller ID!:thumbsup2 What a relief that was!
Can't wait to here what ARDs you got!!

I never thought of them having caller ID...I wonder if she was trying to call me at the exact same time....that would actually make complete sense!:thumbsup2

Queen - that's a great story about the phone. :rotfl2: I shouldn't laugh at your distress, but that is totally something that would happen to me!

I can totally laugh about it now...but I am not at my best at 6am on a good day....never mind when ADR's are at stake:lmao:

Wow! What do you think the odds are of getting the same CM? The ADR Gods were with you that day!!:laughing:

They sure were weren't they!

Karma baby! You get what you give -- and I'd say you have some good karma stored up for such an occasion :) Glad you got through to the same CM. That kind of thing can make ALL the difference. I had a great Dining Reservations CM recommend the specialty dining at Cali Grill for my anniversary diner - NEVER would have thought of that, but I sure took credit for it with DH ;)

Have a wonderful (and hopefully warm) weekend -- XO

You're the best:hug:I would have taken credit too....Jas and I loved Cali Grill....I didn't want to leave:lmao:

Sun in shining and it's just around zero!!! Love it XO

Yay!!!! Glad it all worked out :goodvibes ( And that Jasmine does not have to be sacrificed)

I really enjoyed the photos of your DISMeet. Nothing like a table full of happy Disney people.

Hey girl!

Yes, she's still with me....:lmao:

Wait until we have our table pick from Boma....we are so excited about seeing you guys again:cool1:

So I promised another update this weekend so here it is:goodvibes I thought I would share with you the ADR's that we've made!!

Aug 21 Raglan Road for dinner
traditional first meal at WDW for the last several trips:yay:

Aug 22 our favorite restaurant on property Le Cellier for dinner
Jasmine can't wait to have her soup here

Aug 23 Sci Fi Dine In for lunch
even though the food isn't great, we love the atmosphere

Aug 24 Boma for dinner with our friends Declansdad, Pooksma and Declan...cannot wait to see them again!!!

Aug 25 Les Chefs du France for dinner
hopefully a certain little chef will make an appearance

Aug 26 Tusker House for breakfast (first time for all of us)
the only character meal of our trip...
Aug 27 Beaches and Cream for lunch (Mini Montana's birthday so this was her choice)

Aug 28 Boma for breakfast (pressed pot coffee:cloud9:) Cape May for dinner
Jasmine and I have only been to Cape May for breakie so looking
forward to it for dinner

Aug 29 We're gonna fly by the seat of our pants on this day

Aug 30 Via Napoli for dinner
first time visit for Peg and family...Jasmine and I loved this when we
were here in September

Aug 31 Le Cellier for lunch with our friends Dawnbu40 and PrincessCaitlin (can't wait to meet these ladies for the first time although they feel like old friends) Captains Grille for late dinner

Sep 1 Wolfgang Puck Cafe for dinner
two words.....carrot.cake:cloud9:

Sep 2 O'Hana's for breakfast...again a first for us:woohoo:
I just realized this is a character meal too:yay:

There you have them....everyone got to pick their favorites so it was fair to everyone! We're looking forward to some of the new ones we've never tried and we're all extremely excited about trying the kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream:rolleyes1

Nice ADR list!!!

I had to back-track to see if you were having the DDP again this year but it looks like you aren't unless that has changed! That's always a huge issue for us to decide. We love 1 TS a day and for us, that one TS is the price for the DDP for the day so we usually just add it on. We found that even at $48 a day (our DDP for last week), we were still able to meet that $48 with use our TS and if not that, it was for sure our TS + a little of the CS lol. TIW is good too but I've decided it's sometimes a better option for those who live in FL or go to WDW a ton and don't always say on site or get a DDP. I probably won't buy TIW until I move back to FL. Anyways, that's just my 2 cents, you might want to think about adding on the DDP based on some of those TS meals you have planned, especially if you love getting dessert :):rolleyes1

Sounds like an awesome line-up of ADRs Queen!:)

And 2 visits to Le Cellier...I am impressed!:worship:

Queen, great list of restaurants and fun DIS meets too. We love Cape May Cafe...I think you and Jasmine will too. Tell Jas to enjoy that soup for me as we aren't going to LeCellier this year and I will miss it (although I maya try to get a cup to go).

ADRs look great! I'm trying to decide between Coral Reef and Chefs for dinner on our fist night in September.:confused3 We have never been to either. If you had to choose between the two which one would you go with?
We ate at Sci Fi this last trip and we all liked it a lot! I had the beef and blue salad (with ranch instead of blue cheese dressing) and it was fantastic! I would most definitely go back just for that! The atmosphere is awesome too, though! Hope you like it better this time around.:goodvibes

Wow you have a full line up! Sounds great! If you like seafood you are sure to enjoy Cape May's dinner. We loved it so much in August we're going back in May :)

Great update Jackie! The ADR's sound great! I'm jealous! I'll put my input in on them :)
-Raglan Road: never been, but sounds great! I actually found a restaurant in Downtown KC called Raglan Road that I now have to try!
-Le Cellier: Me and my mom tried to get in there on our first day at Epcot for dinner because we had a big lunch and didn't think that we'd be hungry...but we were! There wasn't any openings so we couldn't get in.....but that's a must for my next trip! The pretzel bread and cheese soup looks amazing!
-Sci Fi Dine-In: This was our first meal of the trip and the first time at that restaurant! The food wasn't amazing, but it was good enough! I loved the milkshake and onion rings! I went there more for the atmosphere, but it was still fun!
-Boma: Me and my family ate there multiple times back in 2004 when we stayed at AKL and it was really good! I loved their vanilla rooibos tea!
-Les Chefs' De France: Never been! When we went last trip we picked some up snacks at the Boulangerie Patisserie and they were all amazing! Here's all the ones we tried over the course of 3 different trips!
Caramel Souffle
Chocolate Mousse
Coconut Pyramid
Cream Puff
Napoleon
Cheesecake
Pralineige
-Tusker House: Great character meal! I loved the characters and the atmosphere! Here's two pictures! Make sure to get the Jungle Juice, it's great!
6182008042.jpg

6182008043.jpg

-Beaches and Cream: Still haven't been! Next trip it's a must to try the ice cream!
-Cape May: Never been, eventually want to get there. Wish they were still doing the character meal!
-Via Napoli: Opened after we went, but might try it! I'm not a huge pizza person, so it's not on the top of my list.
-Wolfgang Puck Cafe: we went here back in 2004, but I don't remember it!
-O'hana: this is on the top of my list for my next trip!

Love all your ADRs! :thumbsup2 Am looking forward to hearing your reviews as we will also be eating at Les Chefs de France, Tusker House, Boma and B&C :)

Great choices (all 14 of them - phew!). You are going to have a fab trip and you must be so excited for your meet with Dawn and Caitlin. so jealous. Believe me, I have wracked my brains to figure out how to take a quick trip during that time period before my AP expires, but it just isn't going to happen.
But - I will be there in spirit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter