We ate here, there, and back to here...8/19 to 8/25 from Beach Club on DDP complete

We stopped in Goofy's to grab some snacks to eat later. We were still too full from lunch, but I had read so much about this place...I had to take my DH who has a HUGE sweet tooth...

There were many bins of bulk candy. I think I noticed that it was all the same price per quarter pound, which I think was $2.99, about $11.99 a pound?:confused3 Then there were the confections...

100_2432.jpg

100_2431.jpg

DS and I each picked something from the case. Mine was the toffee slab (huge) and his was a big peanut butter ball over peanuts and covered in chocolate (also huge). DH had fun with the make your own. He picked the peanut butter filled oreo cookie (which is about 3-4 inches in diameter), dipped in dark chocolate, covered in broken Reese's peanut butter cups, and drizzled with caramel. Yeow. It was one sweet thang.

Basically, you get to pick a base, a dip, and up to two toppings. There is much to choose from. I don't have the sheet available right now, but if you really want to know, I could add the choices.

You get to watch your creation being made. The lady was artist.:artist: She was exact and meticulous. She will dip your choice to the fullest extent. She will make sure that your topping fully covers every inch of your choice. And she will take her time and really make a well designed drizzle. It was fun to watch and made your mouth water in anticpation.

100_2433.jpg

The final creation:
100_2434.jpg

I highly recommend Goofy's. All our selections qualified as one snack credit each. Even if you can't eat it right away, just take it with you...you will be so glad you did.:thumbsup2

Writing about snacks made me realize that I forgot our evening snack from the night before.:scared1:

First we went over to Beaches and Cream to see about getting some ice cream. Poor, poor selection for a snack credit. I had heard RAVES about the Gelato in the Marketplace so I steered the family over there. DH wasn't thrilled with the thought because he was picturing an Italian ice type thing. No no no. It isn't ice cream, it isn't sorbet, it isn't sherbert. But it IS a frozen dessert that is not heavy or thick and yet soooo creamy. Okay, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

100_2448.jpg

100_2449.jpg

100_2450.jpg

Stracciatella is a kind of chocolate chip. I asked how the flavors rotate and the CM said that they keep the same flavors for one month and then they generally switch out one or two at a time, and keep those for a month, etc.

DS had chocolate. DH had stracciatella. I had mango. They were all FANTASTIC. We went back for more on different days. The large size does qualify for a snack credit. I wish it were a bigger large size:rolleyes1. I don't know that I would go out of my way for it...however, if you are at all in the vicinity, it is definitely worth a stop, if you like tasty frozen treats.

Awesome review!! I'm so loving the look of that gelato! I may take a stroll that way in December...

:mickeybar

Basically, you get to pick a base, a dip, and up to two toppings. There is much to choose from. :thumbsup2

No wonder Goofy is always so happy. I am definately going here in November. In fact, I may have every meal here. Yummy!

Keep it coming, I'm hooked.

Thanks for the CMC review!! :thumbsup2 We're considering breakfast there for our upcoming trip and I am glad to hear you enjoyed it and that they had smoked salmon - yum!!

Great reviews. I like hearing about places that not everyone goes to. And that gelato looks wonderful.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!:goodvibes

I am sorry to say that I have no pics of our food from Hurricane Hannah's.:sad2: Ah well.

DH and I were still quite full come dinner time...we were able to satisfy our hunger (and thirst:rolleyes1) from the consiege lounge...DS on the other hand, hasn't developed the unfortunate art of stuffing himself, so he was hungry for some real food. We were tired from our day and relaxing in the room...so I just ran down to HH to pick up food for DS.

HH is the pool side counter service at YC/BC. It is right off of the walkway that goes around the lake. There is only outdoor seating, but it is a nice mostly shaded area under large trees and patio table umbrellas. It would be easy to take your food with you and find any of the numerous little hide aways to sit at, like the swings on the beach, the beach lounge chairs, the pool area, of course, etc etc. There are two ordering areas here, one for the Grill and one for drinks (ice cream, too, I think) only. The Grill side closes at 8 pm regardless of how late SAB is open. No comment on bird activity because we didn't actually eat here. The restrooms are on either side of the actual building that houses HH. The men on the walkway side, the women on the pool side. Watch out, SAB users use these restrooms, especially the ladies side, and the floor can be a might slippery.

I ordered the chicken tender kids meal for DS. It would normally be accompanied by two sides but because I substituted chips (Baked Lays), no other side and apparently no dessert either, because I substituted.:confused3 Whatever. A small bottled water for the drink. The kids meal came with a small bucket and shovel, which was fun to use later at SAB.

There were two very large chicken tenders, real white meat chicken, that had been battered and fried in a southern fried chicken style. DH thought they were tasty, but DS hated them. He was expecting something more like chicken nuggets.:eek: The tenders were too crispy for him. He didn't like the "crust" and he didn't care for the way the chicken looked when you peeled the crust off. He did manage to eat one because he was so hungry...but then the request came for something else, please?

Soooooo, I headed back down to HH to pick up an adult cheeseburger meal, which came with chips. I felt like DS needed some fruit now, because he already had one bag of chips, and so I subbed grapes for the chips, and they gave me two portions of grapes. Mickey bar for dessert. Diet Coke to give to DH. DS is a water only kid.

The cheeseburger was fine, nothing special. It satisfied the need for a burger. It came open faced with a big slice of tomato and a crispy piece of green leaf lettuce. Condiments were at a self service area. In addition to typical mustard and ketchup, there was also several different sauces (BBQ, honey mustard, etc.), presumably for the chicken tenders. The grapes were red, fresh, firm, and sweet. The Mickey bar is vanilla ice cream in the shape of a Mickey head dipped in chocolate. Tasty.

Sorry about the lack of pics for this one, it was a kind of nothing meal...up next Pinocchio's Village Haus...

It's MK am EMH...and are we going to be there by 8:00 am this trip? YES, WE ARE!:cool1: DH and I were not hungry that early in the am. DH grabbed a latte from the lounge. DS isn't much for breakfast either, so maybe he had a donut from the lounge. We got a lot accomplished that morning so we were READY for lunch.

My plans had Pinocchio's Village Haus opening at 10:30 am, nope 11:00 am. Okay, we rode IASM, got FP for Peter Pan, and saw that some people were getting let in at 10:50 am, so we also entered the restaurant and WAITED. Some people were already grabbing the coveted seats that overlook the IASM ride. They overlook the boarding/launch area. Personally, these did not look appealing to me, so we just kept walking to get in line for the cashiers. The cashiers finally come out, get their cash drawers situated, check to make sure that they have someone to serve behind them and finally open the place up.

Meanwhile, I see what I think is the best seat in the house. DH said someone else must have thought the same because they were headed right for it and were quite disappointed to see that I had sent DH and DS over there to snag it. I could be giving away a big secret here...but that's what these boards are all about right?:love:

100_2533.jpg

This sweet big booth is tucked away on the bottom floor on the far right side of the restaurant, this is to the right as you are looking at the food ordering area. Obviously, surrounded by windows, it is one of the few bright spots in this restaurant which is largely a dark place. As the seating capacity 400 sign attests to, this restaurant sprawls all over with different rooms and spaces trying to find a way to deaden the noisiness that it becomes when filled to capacity. I saw stairs, and I have read about there being second floor seating. I did not go there. I am a big believer in using the meals to try to at least feel like we are getting a break from the crowds and so this booth delivered. Bonus, it is also nearest to the exit that you have to take in order to get to the restrooms which are outside the entrance doors on the far right side of the restaurant.

Back to ordering. The CM was efficient, yet friendly. She asked if I was using the meal plan, yes, and who would I be ordering for today? 2A 1C, and may she see my card please?, which she studied and then handed back. Order the child meal first, which was Macaroni & Cheese - All meals include choice of two side items: grapes, carrot sticks, or applesauce and choice of: 1% milk, small bottled water, or apple juice. French fries and soda available upon request. With grapes, carrots, bottled water. NO DESSERT.:confused3

100_2529.jpg

DH ordered #5 Italian Sub Sandwich - Capicola, ham, salami, Mortadella, Provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, and red onions on a Tuscan roll, served with chips (Baked Lays). I picked the Cannoli for that dessert choice.

100_2530.jpg

I ordered #4 Grilled Turkey & Bacon Panini - Smoked turkey, bacon, roasted red peppers, tomato and basil on multi-grain bread, served with chips. I picked the Chocolate Cake for this dessert choice because DS loves chocolate.

100_2531.jpg

100_2532.jpg

The sandwiches were very good. DH really enjoyed his. The grilled turkey is made with a deli-quality turkey, not sliced, roasted but not pressed together packaged, the bacon was a little floppy for eating separately, but fine for the sandwich, the red peppers and fresh basil leaf were a tasty addition, and the multi-grain bread was VERY good. I like hearty bread. I hate fluffy white, stick in your teeth bread, and this was good yummy bread. There was enough meat on our sandwiches to give meat lovin' DS some slices. The pepperoncini served with the Italian sub was a hot one. YUM. Save something to eat after it because you'll need help to cool off your mouth.

The Mac and Cheese for the kids meal was not good. The noodles are overcooked, the sauce is thick and gloppy, the flavor is bland. I was impressed that DS hate about half of it before he declared that it wasn't nearly as good as the mac and cheese at Sweet Tomatoes (his favorite). We never ordered it again.

We all split all the sides, so we all could get some fruit, veggies, and chips.

The chocolate cake had a huge mountain of frosting on it. The part that looks brown in the picture? That's all frosting, about 1 inch tall. The frosting was so thick, you could cut it with a knife. It was like a cross between chocolate mousse and fudge. DS LOVED it. The cake itself was fudgy, not light, not airy, it was just this side of a brownie. The kind of cake that you have to work to get off the fork. It was too much for me.

The cannoli must be made on premises, because it was not prepackaged. It was thick pastry stuffed with creamy riccotta cheese with chocolate chips stuck to the ends and freshly sprinkled with powdered sugar just before serving. It is a cold dessert. It was quite tasty, although it fell apart easily as you bit it, so beware if you're sharing, it gets pretty messy.

We really relaxed over this meal, believe it or not. I think we hung out for about one hour. It was nice to SIT.;) The line was crazy long quickly on this am EMH morning. It was like everyone was hungry early, so plan accordingly. I was first in line and that was a good thing, because when I turned around, I would not be exaggerating to say the lines were at least 15 people deep, but I can't say for certain whether people understood that there were two lines per cashier, one on the left and one on the right.:confused3 As we made our way back through the restaurant to exit closest to Peter Pan, I noticed that the restaurant was getting quite full and quite loud. The noise was definitely not as noticeable over on the far right of the restaurant.

Stay tuned for Wolfgang Puck Cafe lunch...

Great reviews, great pics. Thanks for posting, looking forward to more. PS, your DS is adorable! :)

Thanks again everyone for the positive feedback. And thanks, Swankybeth, I think he's rather adorable myself...but then, I am biased.;) On to the review...

After suffering major, MAJOR disappointment:sad: when we discovered that Goofy's Barnstormer was closed to paint the cars:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: we had been redeeming the day with a first time visit to Disney Quest. So we found ourselves in DTD and hungry in the late afternoon. I now had some unscheduled TS credits due to our Citrico's cancelation, so I called Disney Dining to see what would be our options. Low and behold, nothing in DTD takes same day ADRs, but most will accept walk ups. It was after 3:00 pm, so I thought we had a pretty good chance of getting in somewhere quickly. Wolfgang Puck Express was so good, I wanted to try the Cafe. That, and it was fairly close to DQ.

The dinner menu starts at 4:00 pm, so we were ordering off the lunch menu, which had many dinner selections, so not a problem.

This restaurant is a beautiful setting. The majority of the back of the restaurant are walls of windows overlooking the water of the DTD area. Funky decor lends a fun atmosphere. At this time of day, this restaurant was basically empty, maybe half a dozen tables taken. It was quiet...aaaaahhhh...a very welcome break after the constant noise and stimulation of DQ.:goodvibes We were shown to a wonderful table...

100_2537.jpg

It's too bad the window view isn't clear. I think it's SSR across the water.

Anyway, the first thing we have to talk about is the bread. Wow. I really like good bread. And this stuff was FANTASTIC. They call it focaccia, and it is brought to the table already cut into wedges in a basket. It's the best focaccia I have ever had!! It was tall and spongy and soft and melted in your mouth and it just soaked up the olive oil that they pour for you to dip the bread. This is not an herbed olive oil, just a wonderful fresh, fruity olive oil. The bread has all the flavor you need. They brought three each of kalamata olive/rosemary focaccia and a garlic (and cheese?) focaccia.

100_2539.jpg

DH and I ordered salads for appetizers. DH ordered the same spinach salad I had ordered at the Express, Spinach Salad - Made with spinach, radicchio, blue cheese, apples, and caramelized pecans.

100_2534.jpg

As good as that salad is, I wanted to try something new, so I ordered Mixed Field Greens - Served with Sherry vinaigrette and goat cheese crostini.

100_2535.jpg

And I finally took a perspective picture to show how big these salads are, keep in mind, these are NOT the entree salads, but the entree salads were piled high like these

100_2536.jpg

Again, GREAT salads. That dressing is so good. This appetizer spinach salad had just as many goodies as my entree salad at the Express, but you can see the goodies so much better in this pic. The Mixed Greens had no added goodies, but I was in the mood for something plain so this suited me fine. The goat cheese croistini was fresh, fabulous goat cheese spread on a super crusty, crunchy piece of bread, almost crouton quality was this bread, which was a great complement to the simple salad.

We were told that DS didn't have an appetizer included. WPC only participates in the program and they have their own rules, one of which, is that children DO NOT get an included appetizer on the DDP. Not a problem for us with the bread. But something to note. Also, the waiter needed to take my card in order to ring up our order properly.

DH ordered Mahi Mahi - Served over warm Israeli couscous salad and lemon caper butter.

100_2541.jpg

100_2542.jpg

The Mahi Mahi was fresh and cooked well, perfectly flaky and still moist. The cous cous salad was unlike regular cous cous, it was large and firm. There were slices of zuchinni and other summer squash mixed into the cous cous. The greens on top were some sort of herb dressed with olive oil. The red additions are sun dried tomatoes. I had a bite of this, and it was outstanding. Really, really good. It almost made me wish that I had ordered it. I am not sure what the prevailing herb taste was though, and I am not sure that I would have wanted to eat the whole thing.

I ordered Macadamia Nut Crusted Breast of Chicken - Served with papaya marmalade, micro greens salad, and roasted garlic mashed potatoes.

100_2544.jpg

100_2543.jpg

The chicken was very moist with wonderful crust. I think I expected it to be more nutty in flavor, but my taste buds couldn't discern that. It was a great crunchy crust though. The papaya marmalade was a wonderful addition. The potatoes were yummy. I like mashed potatoes a lot, and these were well done, creamy, not too garlicy, and definitely not too salty.

DS ordered Spaghetti & Meatballs - Spaghetti and meatballs.

100_2540.jpg

He really enjoyed his meal. These were the fattest speghetti noddles I have ever seen. I thought they might be mushy, but not, they were just the opposite of angel hair pasta, super, duper fat.

When you are seated, the hostess will walk you past the dessert display. Heeeeeeeellloooooooooo. YUUUUUUUM. She will explain how the desserts are made fresh daily and may change daily as well. I think this may be why the desserts are not included on the menu here on the Dis. Anyway, saving room for dessert is one reason why we opted to order salads for our appetizers.

It had to be done. We ordered the Creme Brulee

100_2545.jpg

the White Chocolate Cheesecake

100_2547.jpg

and the included child's dessert of Make Your Own Sundae Artist's Palette - Vanilla ice cream, chocolate chip cookie, chocolate and caramel sauce and sprinkles.

100_2546.jpg

It was ALL GOOD!!!! I'm happy just thinking about it. The additional fruit on the creme brulee was nice. The cheesecake was rich and creamy and just the right amount of chocolate added flavor. The artist's palette was a lot of fun for DS.

This was an excellent, excellent meal. I noticed that many items from the dinner menu were included in the lunch menu, for a smaller price, so if you are paying OOP, I would highly recommend doing as we did and eating here right before the change over. Also, just from an atmosphere perspective, this was a relaxing, quiet time to dine. When we left it was almost 5 pm and this place was LOUD. Really LOUD. Here come the cranky, hungry kids and tired, hungry parents. And there aren't any real divisions in the restaurant to hold back the noise level. If you do go at this time, be prepared for what might happen...

That is, we waited and WAITED for the check. Our server had been assigned to his dinner section which was on the other side of the restaurant and so, he was having a hard time getting back to us. He was very apologetic. It's not a big deal, if you don't have a schedule to keep, but if you do, keep this in mind and maybe ask about getting the check cleared out after you ORDER dessert.

Oh, one last tid bit. The Cafe also has the wonderful Mango flavored unsweetened iced tea. Yum. Also, the bread was so fabulous, I really could have just eaten the bread, the salad, and dessert and been a happy camper. I couldn't finish half my meal, it was so heavy, and I didn't want to, because I wanted dessert. Ditto for DH. Just something to keep in mind for the budget conscious. You could easily split a meal here.

Coming up next...a simple snack dinner for DS and breakfast at the Yacht Club Galley...

From the looks of the pasta I say it is Buccatini (sp)....we love that stuff but it is very hard to find in Naples FL and if you do find it, well it is expensive.

I have my mom ship it from Boston for $1 a bag!

I'll go ahead and quickly post this now.

As previously mentioned, DS gets hungry at regular intervals, dinner at 4:00 in the afternoon is not sufficient for getting DS through the night. Again, DH and I were quite happy with the offerings in the lounge:thumbsup2, but DS needed something a little more substantial. I thought I would just head down to Hurricane Hannah's again, only to find out that the grill side had just closed down. Bummer.

Without much hope, I head on over to the Beach Club Marketplace, which isn't really a full service CS restaurant...However, it is something of a small grocery store because of the BC Villas. Ah ha:idea:. Lunchables! For a snack credit!:thumbsup2 Works for me! And DS.:yay:

So, if you are in the area, and need a little something for your little DS or DD...you might think about the Marketplace. And for more information about the grocery side of this store, check out my review which I posted on the YC/BC/BCV thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=20528028&postcount=2131

I am loving your reviews.
I cant wait to eat at Wolfgang Puck Cafe next month!!!

Your pictures are excellent also!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter