WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Take this for what it's worth from a phone CM but I called today to ask for a partial refund for my hubby's AP. The phone CM began to try to convince me to keep the AP but stopped short when she said, "You have a June trip booked so you should keep the AP....oh wait, no that's going to fall off later today....." Our trip is June 6-14 but was not cancelled last week in that round.

ETA - she also mentioned that my November reservation "should" (she emphasized it) be safe but if it's not, then rest assured that one day Disney will reopen. (I definitely think November will be safe but.....)
I have a September vacation and when I called WDW to change my resort, the CM I spoke to said things should be up and operating by then.

Sorry, I have been MIA for a bit.. what is everyone thinking for July 25 trip? Seems like we still dont know anything for sure... so wondering what everyone is thinking?? Thanks!

We should know more tomorrow morning, likely a projected opening date. For political reasons I dont think theres any chance they are closed beyond 7/4 so you should be fine, provided youre fine with the safety requirements and such.

Sorry, I have been MIA for a bit.. what is everyone thinking for July 25 trip? Seems like we still dont know anything for sure... so wondering what everyone is thinking?? Thanks!

Even if they are open the restrictions will not be magical in any way humanly enjoyable in my opinion. At first I thought we would just go to show support. Now I am thinking maybe 2021. We will hold our September just in case the world becomes more reasonable with it's paranoia and pessimism. Who on this EARTH travels anywhere to wear a mask?! Restrictions are not profitable and don't promote fun on vacation. I can have more fun sitting on my porch with a bottle of Jameson than wearing a mask in line six feet apart for POC at Disney taking my temperature. And don't tell me the resorts are a party all the time with the pools closed which you can surmise they will be in July. (Can you tell I'm posting on my porch, with a bottle of Jamerson?)

You're right, no one knows anything for sure because Disney hasn't announced anything. Me personally, I think by July the parks will be open, maybe with some restrictions but this thread is about the facts which we don't have

According to our local news this AM:

Mayor Demings stated it could take up to 24 hours for them to approve the reopening plans for the theme parks, before forwarding to the state for consideration.

Universal will submit "full" plans to reopen later today (no time was given). I don't know if full means a breakdown of a phased approach.

According to our local news this AM:

Mayor Demings stated it could take up to 24 hours for them to approve the reopening plans for the theme parks, before forwarding to the state for consideration.

Universal will submit "full" plans to reopen later today (no time was given). I don't know if full means a breakdown of a phased approach.
he talks at length starting at 22:45
https://newsroom.ocfl.net/media-advisories/press-releases/2020/03/coronavirus-updates/

We should know more tomorrow morning, likely a projected opening date. For political reasons I dont think theres any chance they are closed beyond 7/4 so you should be fine, provided youre fine with the safety requirements and such.
Disney said they will not be presenting their plan/potential opening date today. Universal is - personally, I think Disney is waiting to see what Universal’s plan is and how the public responds to it so they can learn from any mistakes made there.

Disney said they will not be presenting their plan/potential opening date today. Universal is - personally, I think Disney is waiting to see what Universal’s plan is and how the public responds to it so they can learn from any mistakes made there.
if you hear the press conference the Mayor said he is expecting all 3 to present their opening plans but only Universal will talk about them. Like hertamaniac pointed out, he also says that it will take 12 to 24 hours for him (Demings) to review and send to DeSantis/ The 3 parks have been a part of both task forces on the county and state level, they already have presented plans to both the mayor and the governor (which he uses now as guidelines for his phased reopening) so this is more of a formality, each park might have slight changes but they all 3 agreed to keep them as uniform as possible so visiting guests are not confused when they come and go from park to park

Even if the parks don't open for July 4, maybe they could have fireworks on-line viewing so everyone can watch!!!

As nice as that would be, I'd say there no chance that would happen. That'd be a lot of money, and they're not exactly getting much revenue at the moment. It's why a lot of places around the country are canceling their 4th of July fireworks already.

nothing official until the hours of operation change to close, which usually changes in the evening, but yes resorts are being cancelled through June 13
My reservation for 6/4 - 6/6 got cancelled last Thursday around 5pm. I am expecting the rest to be cancelled tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter