WDW Swan Reserve Hotel

My first thought was New and modern…and rooftop lounge but …
the description of access makes it sound like it is restricted for weddings, and social gatherings . Perhaps not for a casual guest dining location. Also wonder about the complimentary transportation description vs reality.
I would want to know a lot more before paying more for this resort…

I really think they are pricing this hotel to attract the more "upscale" traveler vs the value Disney traveler. That's how I think it was planned pre-COVID19, how it turns out now is really hard to say. But business travel isn't going back to the same levels as it was pre-COVID19, so hard to say what changes will happen and if the higher price stays around or start seeing some good deals on it. Last Spring there were some great deals to be had at S/D. Only time will tell.

@DL1WDW2 until it actually opens it's anyone's guess about transportation. My guess is that for MK/AK you will have the same current Mears bus options as S/D does and if you want to go to DHS or Epcot you can walk to either or walk over to the S/D and take the boat. When/if the Disney buses returns remains to be seen, but I still think this hotel will have people walking to Epcot/DHS or at least to the boats.

Is the pricing to reflect that it is new? Or is this supposed to be a high end deluxe hotel. Looking at it it looks like a lower end hotel to be honest.

Pricing is based on it being a Category 6, Marriott Autograph line hotel and being new... time will tell. It was designed more for the business traveler, but I'll be curious to see how things pan out after a couple of years. Hard to say based on 3D renderings, but the pool alone doesn't make it look like a low end hotel...
pool.png

Looking at it it looks like a lower end hotel to be honest.
I wouldn't say it looks "lower end", but it is rather nondescript.

Love or hate the Swan and Dolphin, at least the architects were trying to make a unique statement. The Reserve looks like it could be in any Houston suburban office park.

Love or hate the Swan and Dolphin, at least the architects were trying to make a unique statement. The Reserve looks like it could be in any Houston suburban office park.

Swan Reserve does not look like it belongs in Disney. It's probably the least Disney of all the on property hotels.

I walked on the Boardwalk today and the Swan Reserve looks so out of place and an eyesore on the beautiful Boardwalk area.

Maybe it was cheap to make but Disney has really lowered it's standards on what is acceptable.

Swan Reserve does not look like it belongs in Disney. It's probably the least Disney of all the on property hotels.

I walked on the Boardwalk today and the Swan Reserve looks so out of place and an eyesore on the beautiful Boardwalk area.

Maybe it was cheap to make but Disney has really lowered it's standards on what is acceptable.

Totally appeals to me. Clean, new, and priced more realistically than my usual stay at Beach Club - which I LOVE!! - but it’s definitely a great smelling older Westin at a St Regis rate.

It looks like they only have a few rooms with a balcony .
If you walk past the Swan pool to the crosswalk for the Fantasia miniature golf …you will be very close.
If the rate is great, I think it will be a good place to stay .
I will keep checking for more info when it opens.

Exactly, from a distance it looks like an office bldg

I thought it was the Swan Reserve. Now they are calling it the Cove? Not a good start.

No. That is an article from when it was announced and back then the project was referred to the Cove. I shared it because it explains the style of hotel and amenities they were looking to provide. That explains the price point.

I'm really excited I just got a res. For next weekend off priceline. I came here to see what people were saying.. guess I will report back.
I wish I was not checking out on sunday... I would love to go to epcot after hours on Monday night.

I'm really excited I just got a res. For next weekend off priceline. I came here to see what people were saying.. guess I will report back.
I wish I was not checking out on sunday... I would love to go to epcot after hours on Monday night.
From what I've been reading elsewhere, it opens this coming Thursday the 4th, so you'll be among the first to stay there. Be sure to come back and report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter