WDW in February

Mickey Fanatic

<font color=coral>I am sure that it GREAT!<br><fon
I have a friend who is considering planning their first family trip to the World in february 2008. She is a little worried about what the weather will be like, of course in Canada February is terrible. I know that someone here will be able to tell us what the weather, crowds and any traditional discounts are like at this time of year. Also is it better to go BEFORE President's Day?

Thanks to you all.:disrocks:

Be sure not to go over presidents da weekend to start with. I think the Daytona 500 is around that time also. We went the last week in January and I only wore my sandals twice out of 7 days. One day it was cold cold- I had on a heavy shirt with a sweatshirt and a spring jacket and light gloves. We went to animal kingdom that day and nobody was riding the water ride that is there. The nights will be cool along with the mornings. mid to late morning and afternoon will be warm in general. Coming from Canada it will seem like spring to them! They say that time of year is hit and miss and just come prepared.

Disney in winter is absolute heaven.

Once in a while it does get cold. Last winter, I had to buy gloves and a scarf because it was freezing (but I was not about to miss Spectro). Only a handful of folks showed up the next morning at the Magic Kingdom - really was cold.

It doesn't happen much, though. It is usually beautiful. One of the employees was astounded that she had - gasp! - frost on her car that morning and had to wait for it to melt!!! So, it can't happen that often.

And there aren't so many people, so while you walk around you notice lots of nice little things you wouldn't see in, say, July. :)

We were at the YC in Feb. '05, weather was really strange. Arrival day was warm, The next morning we walked out to catch the boat to MGM, had to go back in and put on more layers of clothes. I wore cashmere sweaters the whole time we were there! :rotfl: Just pack a little of everything!

We have gone twice in February. In 06 we went the first week in Feb and we went this past year the week before Pres Day. The weather varies from 60 - 75 during the day and it can get real cold at night. Like Cool-Beans, we also needed to buy some Souvenier Mickey Gloves to watch Illuminations at Epcot. It got down to about 40 degrees that night! I love this time of year though, because the crowds are light and the weather during the day is just right for walking around. Don't expect to do much swimming or hit any water parks, though.

--Melissa

what about the end of Feb, first week of March?? how is that??

We were there in Feb 06 and for the majority of our trip we were FREEZING!! That being said, if I remember correctly is was colder than it normally is that time of year. But it's not a chance we are willing to take again!:sad2:
I specifically remember a day at MGM where we had to buy fleece blankets to wrap our kids in while they were in their strollers. :worried:
We are from New England so believe me, we can normally take the cold...but when I spend lots of money to travel to the Sunshine State, I want tropical weather! We couldn't even swim in the pool :sad2:
Our favorite time is mid Sept to early Oct. Nice and warm but not too humid. :thumbsup2

We went in Feb '04 over Presidents' Weekend -- honest, it wasn't bad. Then again, we're used to going on Spring Break, so maybe that's why we didn't think it was bad in February -- we stayed at AKL and swam every day. People from down there thought we were nuts (it was 65-70 degrees out) and that was A LOT warmer than the snow storm we left in Ohio!!

I have a friend who is considering planning their first family trip to the World in february 2008. She is a little worried about what the weather will be like, of course in Canada February is terrible. I know that someone here will be able to tell us what the weather, crowds and any traditional discounts are like at this time of year. Also is it better to go BEFORE President's Day?

Thanks to you all.:disrocks:

We went Feb 6-15. Weather was definitely better than what we had up here! It was quiet until about the 13th then it got busy. We walked on most rides by using TGM. As for weather it was a mixed bag. The first two days were so cool we had to wear a fleece coat and gloves. You could see your breath! After that it warmed up to between 68-72F every day. Mornings and evenings are cool however. We found it too cool to swim evenings (yes I know a wussy Canadian:lmao:) The kids enjoyed it however. Definitely tell them to go before Presidents Day week as it gets busy and the room prices go up right then also.

Avoid President's Day! :scared1: The crowds are pretty heavy.

We found it a little too chilly to swim when we visited in February, but some folks were using the pool (Canadians, actually! :) ). But it was not freezing; I would say it was in the 60's and low 70's, maybe lower at night. We did not have much sun, which didn't help. But if you hate the hot weather, touring the parks is a dream.

I have been to WDW numerous times in February. On all trips, the weather has been nice enough to swim at some point during the trip - maybe not everyday, but at some point. In 2004, it was a colder trip - morning temps were in the high 30's, but it was sunny and would warm up to mid-60's by the middle of the day. Not tropical, but a welcome break from the temps in MI (where I live) at that time.

I have also gone several times on President's Day weekend. I have had no choice, as that is when school breaks are. Crowds have been large, but managebale. If you can go before then, crowds will be better, but weather will be more problematic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter