WDW for Couples - Post your questions and suggestions here!!!

Also, I'm excited to find this thread and somewhat sad that there's not a couples area. My DH also asks "are you hiding the fact that you're looking at Disney singles?" whenever we're on the couch together and he sees me here. :lmao:

I'm 34, he's 32, and we don't have kids. We haven't had much luck in trying to have them due to health issues of mine, but we're still going to give it a shot. We recently became DVC members, and we go anywhere from 3-5 times a year with trips ranging from a quick weekend to week-long trips with friends. I think both of us always enjoyed going and having fun with our families, but it wasn't until we started going as a couple about 5 years ago that we really started to love WDW. A lot of our friends think we're crazy to come as often as we do without kids, but there really is more to the World than rides. However, whenever I have a meltdown (I don't deal well with to-the-minute plans and stress while at WDW), DH knows that a chocolate covered banana is one of the only ways to cure it. Well, aside from a nap :)

I'll be sure to look out for the college kids! And thanks about the Chris from Orlando! I'll be sure to look out. I'm sure I'll see them everywhere now!

I know about putting on a smile so I try to be as nice to cm as possible. While we are on vacation they are there to work. Always try to make their day better even tho they are there for us!
:thumbsup2

Oh, is it ok for cast members to accept thank you cards? And how do you thank someone who works at a resort or some place other than the parks?
I don't know about anyone else, I can tell you my dd most likely wouldn't take it. she would read it and thank you. maybe if it was like a postcard not like a folded card she would. if your in a resort, just go to the front desk. if your in the wrong spot, they will tell you where you can have that done. :thumbsup2

Also, I'm excited to find this thread and somewhat sad that there's not a couples area. My DH also asks "are you hiding the fact that you're looking at Disney singles?" whenever we're on the couch together and he sees me here. :lmao:

I'm 34, he's 32, and we don't have kids. We haven't had much luck in trying to have them due to health issues of mine, but we're still going to give it a shot. We recently became DVC members, and we go anywhere from 3-5 times a year with trips ranging from a quick weekend to week-long trips with friends. I think both of us always enjoyed going and having fun with our families, but it wasn't until we started going as a couple about 5 years ago that we really started to love WDW. A lot of our friends think we're crazy to come as often as we do without kids, but there really is more to the World than rides. However, whenever I have a meltdown (I don't deal well with to-the-minute plans and stress while at WDW), DH knows that a chocolate covered banana is one of the only ways to cure it. Well, aside from a nap :)

we have gone as a young married kid less couple with dd and now for the past few years an old married couple.:lmao: we still love it!!!! we often find ourselves on a bench just watching. its a nice place just to sit and relax watching the people. the only plans we make are diner adrs. the rest of the time for the most part it is where the wind blows us. :thumbsup2
(welcome home! :thumbsup2)

This is a fantastic idea!!! hubby and I try to attend every year in the fall without our daughter. Not that she wants to hang with us anyway :) I look forward to this trip every year just as and this year we were lucky enough to get free dining, so now I'm even more excited. :banana::banana::banana:

I don't know about the best, but I do think there are some that make more sense than others. We have stayed at all the Value Resorts, we always had a good time, but I was tripping over kids even at 2am. This year we were going to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort for the Calypso atmosphere, the beach, and the lake. After talking to a cast member, we changed to Coronado Springs as its our 10 year anniversary. Bigger beds, mini fridge, fitness rooms, Mayan Aztec pool with slide, cocktail lounge, essentially deluxe amenities at a moderate price. There will still be kids, but maybe less and maybe older.

Great thread! I'll join in.

I'm 28, and the Boyfriend is 30. We're both actors in the Musical Theatre industry. I have been in love and obsessed with Disney since I was 5 and saw 'Beauty and the Beast' in theatres, which developed my love of all the Princesses. To this day, BATB is still my favourite movie and story.

We've been together for three years now, and we've been to WDW together once, 2 1/2 years ago on an impromptu trip after my Father passed away. The Happiest Place on Earth was the perfect place to escape to. And while I've always loved WDW, my boyfriend fell in love with it too, as that was his first time there!

Because we're actors - we don't make a great deal of money... but we've been saving since we got back from our first trip, and we're FINALLY returning in Jan. 2015!!! :cheer2: We'll be staying at the All-Star Music again because that's what we can afford. But we both dream that one day we'll stay at GF or AKL... and maybe even have dinner at V&A.

We are always looking for suggestions on romantic things to do that are "budget friendly". One of our favourite things last time was strolling along the Boardwalk after Illuminations. If anyone has any other kind of like minded suggestions, I'd love to hear :goodvibes

I don't know about the best, but I do think there are some that make more sense than others. We have stayed at all the Value Resorts, we always had a good time, but I was tripping over kids even at 2am. This year we were going to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort for the Calypso atmosphere, the beach, and the lake. After talking to a cast member, we changed to Coronado Springs as its our 10 year anniversary. Bigger beds, mini fridge, fitness rooms, Mayan Aztec pool with slide, cocktail lounge, essentially deluxe amenities at a moderate price. There will still be kids, but maybe less and maybe older.

Definitely less kids. And they are more tweens and teenagers, I would say.

After numerous trips with our children (they are now 23 and 21) we will be taking our first adult-only trip this January 2015. I am so excited!!! Staying at the Boardwalk Inn for 9 days!!

Great thread! I'll join in.

I'm 28, and the Boyfriend is 30. We're both actors in the Musical Theatre industry. I have been in love and obsessed with Disney since I was 5 and saw 'Beauty and the Beast' in theatres, which developed my love of all the Princesses. To this day, BATB is still my favourite movie and story.

We've been together for three years now, and we've been to WDW together once, 2 1/2 years ago on an impromptu trip after my Father passed away. The Happiest Place on Earth was the perfect place to escape to. And while I've always loved WDW, my boyfriend fell in love with it too, as that was his first time there!

Because we're actors - we don't make a great deal of money... but we've been saving since we got back from our first trip, and we're FINALLY returning in Jan. 2015!!! :cheer2: We'll be staying at the All-Star Music again because that's what we can afford. But we both dream that one day we'll stay at GF or AKL... and maybe even have dinner at V&A.

We are always looking for suggestions on romantic things to do that are "budget friendly". One of our favourite things last time was strolling along the Boardwalk after Illuminations. If anyone has any other kind of like minded suggestions, I'd love to hear :goodvibes

Do you plan on visiting parks? Epcot at night is SO romantic!

Horse drawn wagon ride at Fort Wilderness? (Never done it but in my "WDW bucket list)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/trailride.htm#wagride

Watching movies at your resort?

Watching fireworks from a beach? (like at the Polynesian Resort)?

AKL after dark animal watching? http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/08/disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge-after-dark-night-vision/

That's all I can think about... for now. ;)

I'm loving this thread so I just had to join in! Me and DH are both 23 and have been married for 3 years although we have known each other and been good friends since we were 12. We are childless as of right now but plan on having kids in about 4 years give or take. We do have the cutest 4 month old Jack Russell terrier named Todd. We're planning on visiting the world either end of January or beginning of February of 2016 and staying at AKL. I'm pushing for the first week of February so we can be there over my birthday ;) We will be doing at least one day at Universal because DH just puts up with Disney for me and he'll need a break from the magic for a day unfortunately. :goodvibes

That's us in a nutshell! I can't wait to see all the awesome tips on this board!

Welcome on this board Huskerkelsey!

Feel free to ask any question... :)

I've stayed in AKL in 2012 and planned another 1 night stay in November 2014. It's fantastic and if you take advantage of an offer, it doesn't cost much more than a moderate (at rack rate).

We're definitely hoping for free dining. When we went in September it was DH's first time and he loved the dining plan and now refuses to go without it. I'm trying to restrain myself from doing too much planning since we're still a year and a half away but I love getting a bunch of ideas.

I'd love getting some fun out of the box ideas for us to do as a young couple. It doesn't necessarily have to be too romantic but if it is I'm not opposed. ;) Also we don't drink so I'm not sure if hanging out at a lounge is for us but hey maybe they offer some awesome virgin drinks :goodvibes TIA

The drinks without alcohol are plentiful and yummy. I order them all the time. I do enjoy an adult beverage also, I enjoy all types of beverages when it is hot.

Hello, Dh and I are 28 and just recently celebrated our 9th anniversary. It kinda snuck up on us, so we didn't do very much, but it did get us talking about what we wanted to do next year for our 10th anniversary. One of my suggestions was going back to Disney World (I haven't even made my first trip yet and I want to go back lol) without the kids. He said he didn't think he would mind as long as he was able to see blue water, which I told him I didn't think would be hard to do.
My question is what exactly is there to do for adults? Any special tours or things like that?
I'm still stuck in family mode from planning our first trip.

Hello, Dh and I are 28 and just recently celebrated our 9th anniversary. It kinda snuck up on us, so we didn't do very much, but it did get us talking about what we wanted to do next year for our 10th anniversary. One of my suggestions was going back to Disney World (I haven't even made my first trip yet and I want to go back lol) without the kids. He said he didn't think he would mind as long as he was able to see blue water, which I told him I didn't think would be hard to do.
My question is what exactly is there to do for adults? Any special tours or things like that?

You do the same thing you do with your kids without the crying or complaining or naps or anything else anoint kids do. Ride the rides eat the food drink the drinks stay out late etc

there are several adult only tours (or at least not for kids under 12 or 15 or something like that).

You do the same thing you do with your kids without the crying or complaining or naps or anything else anoint kids do. Ride the rides eat the food drink the drinks stay out late etc
:thumbsup2 well, besides my crying, complaining and naps I guess I have to agree with you. :lmao:

you will have a blast!!! dw and I have been doing solo trips for about ten years now. in a few weeks it will be my 60th trip!!! it is also our 30th anniversary trip!!! once you go without kids, its hard to go with them again. :rotfl:
Keys to the Kingdom tour was great! I think you have to be at least 16 to go on it. Highly recommend it!

I second this! :thumbsup2

DH and I enjoy dinner at Blue Zoo in the Dolphin with a visit for wine at Il Mulino afterwards. Nice way to spend the evening if you are not in the parks (maybe arrival day).

Walk alllllllll the way around Boardwalk/Beach Club and back to Dolphin/Swan to burn off the Blue Zoo calories. Admire the flower gardens and decor along the way. Take pictures, especially of you all in front of the lighthouse.

Watch the fireworks from the beach at the Grand Floridian and ride the monorail around just because you can.

Coffee early in the morning from the cafe on the Boardwalk is nice and calm.

Melissa

Figured I'd drop in here since my wife and I are going for our first trip to WDW together next month! Been about 12 years since I was last there, and about 20 since the wife was last there!

We are going for 7 nights staying @ RPC in the GF middle of September. Any recommendations for things not to miss would be appreciated! We are doing the Queen Victoria room at V&A for our anniversary dinner, and tentatively scheduled the Yachtsman for another fancy dinner.

We live right next to DLR so looking for different things than we can see regularly at DL :)

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter