WDW Fans: Will you go see Harry Potter?

I always visit Universal a few times during my stay. I won't go out of my way to visit the new land though.

I always used to stay on Disney property the whole time we were in Orlando for each trip - we rarely ventured off premises at all. In the last year or two we've started spending more and more time elsewhere in central Florida, and I hadn't realized just how much we were missing. I definitely plan to visit Universal more often once Harry Potter opens. We went for the first time (primarily for Halloween Horror Nights) a few months ago and it was exciting to see Hogwarts and Hogsmeade taking shape. The attention to detail (in the areas already visible) is impressive. We're getting Universal and Seaworld APs this spring and we are really excited about going to the Harry Potter area when it finally opens.

ETA - Hogwarts castle is already visible from I-4, and it looks great. Very iconic. I doubt that little girls are going to be more excited about it than about Cinderella's castle, but other demographics might be.

I am thinking of checking it out when it opens... It looks really interesting and once I see what it is all about I can recommend it to friends and family.... :cheer2:

Not a big HP fan but our work is always offering really cheap Universal tickets so I may get to explore it eventually. Usually the only time I'm ever willing to pay money to enter Universal is during HHN, which is incredible.

Also, the Legoland conversion is in my county, and no one around here is particularly excited about it. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly a Legoland entails...is it really just like a big walking exhibit of structures built out of Legos? Nothing else?

Not a big HP fan but our work is always offering really cheap Universal tickets so I may get to explore it eventually. Usually the only time I'm ever willing to pay money to enter Universal is during HHN, which is incredible.

Also, the Legoland conversion is in my county, and no one around here is particularly excited about it. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly a Legoland entails...is it really just like a big walking exhibit of structures built out of Legos? Nothing else?

Legoland actually features some rides and rollar coasters.

However big the Harry Potter castle is going to be, it will never be as iconoic as Cinderella's castle. Cinderella's Castle has already been around almost 40 years and it's such an universal symbol for disney.

Legoland actually features some rides and rollar coasters.

Hey, that's good to know...a lot more exciting than the misinformation spreading at work. :lmao: Thanks! Might be a step up from ole Cypress Gardens and their southern belles!

We will. We love Universal but been there only 2 times due to added cost. We are not in HP much but we will go and see it, should be great.

I usually go to Disney and not move from the property. However, with the opening of HP I am taking 2 days out of my 10 to do IOA and US. I haven't been to either in over 5 years and I am a HUGE HP fan. I will be using Mears from POP for the first time, hope it works out ok.

We will be heading to Universal to see Harry Potter during our trip in July. I am taking two days that I normally would be seeing my favorite Mouse and using them to see "my" Harry :wizard:. I shortened my stay at CSR and staying closer to Universal for those two days as well, since we are on a dining plan at WDW, couldn't justify staying there with the cost when we won't even be at the parks.

I would like to go eventually, but for our next trip (in April) 1) it is planned already and 2) I'm not sure the HP section will be open by then anyway. We talked with our friends about doing a F&W/HP trip in October, but its not in stone.

I usually go to Disney and not move from the property. However, with the opening of HP I am taking 2 days out of my 10 to do IOA and US. I haven't been to either in over 5 years and I am a HUGE HP fan. I will be using Mears from POP for the first time, hope it works out ok.
We used Mears, worked great but cab was better because we did not depend on schedule. Just thought you might want to know.:)

I began reading the Harry Potter books (and watching the movies) this year in preparation for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

I have high expectations for the new land, and fully anticipate Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey to be a game changer when it comes to theme park attractions.

Did somebody said HP opens in April, dates were already posted somewhere? I cannot plan my Disney trip without this info.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2Oh most definetely!!!! My wife and I are totally stoked about the new Harry Potter addition, the pics look sooooo awesome. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We'll be spending an entire week at Universal (also doing seaworld). We were thinking about it even before HP was announced, though. My boys are excited about doing Universal, and I'm looking forward to a relaxing trip hanging out with dd.

I'll wait until it has been open for a while--plan to go in December for a day or two to check it out. I've added one day to my trip, so it won't take time away from Disney.

If the crowds are manageable, we will swing over for a day before we check into WDW. We are in Cocoa with family for a week before our WDW vacation kicks off...

KellyNY... do you know how much the cab is from US/IOA to POP?? Any info would be appriciated!! For the 3 of us it will cost $54.00 round trip each day...Is it better or worse than that?

When we go to WDW we always stay on property and it's at least a week stay...We have always taken one full day to do Universal IOA! We do hope Harry will be open for our next trip, but if not we will probably still taxi over to enjoy some of the great attractions they offer!

On our last big WDW trip, we spent a few days at Universal. We're doing the same this trip. I hope it's open by the time we go, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter