WDW Fans: Will you go see Harry Potter?

basas

<font color=deeppink>The majority of people are st
I'm curious:

For those of you who usually stay on-site at WDW and do not normally venture off property, how many of you plan to spend a day at Universal on your next vacation to check out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?

It will be interesting to see what impact (if any) it has on Central Florida theme park attendance and if it impacts WDW in any way.

I'm curious:

For those of you who usually stay at WDW and spend your entire vacations there, how many of you plan to spend a day at Universal on your next vacation to check out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?

It will be interesting to see what impact (if any) it has on Central Florida theme park attendance and if it impacts WDW in any way.

When Harry Potter opens, we will probably plan to spend a day at Universal to see it. It wouldn't really have a big impact on our trip. We would probably rent a car for one day from the Alamo location at the Dolphin and drive to Universal for the day. We did the same thing for visiting Sea World and the Capital One bowl game on trips the last few years.

We are, but then again we did this year too. Now that the kids are older we are now spending time at US/IOA when we go as well.

We are planning a trip just to visit HP, a couple days at their hotels. We have decided not even to go down to WDW on this trip.

We are flying in two days earlier so we can spend a day at Harry Potter and a day at Kennedy Space Center. We are staying at the Doubletree for a few nights before checking in to the Poly.

My boys can hardly wait to see the Wizarding World. I'll just be glad when they release more details so we can plan our day.

When Harry Potter opens, we will probably plan to spend a day at Universal to see it. It wouldn't really have a big impact on our trip. We would probably rent a car for one day from the Alamo location at the Dolphin and drive to Universal for the day. We did the same thing for visiting Sea World and the Capital One bowl game on trips the last few years.

About the same here exactly (except SW etc)....UNLESS its just soo good, then we will work in 2 day stays at HRH from now on. But currently it is 100% on our list to check out on our next trip. Looking at the pics.....come on-not skipin that.

We will definitely work it into our next trip to DW. We've been to Universal before. It's okay but we were in no rush to go back. With HP opening though, that is a must do next time. We'll still spend most of our time at DW. Probably just spend one or two days at Universal.

I thought about it, but decided it's better to make two different trips. We'll do all WDW this year, and then all Universal next trip.

We are DVC members so we always stay on site, but we will definitely plan a visit to Universal after Harry Potter opens.

When we do go, we'll spend 1 or 2 nights in a Universal hotel to take advantage of FOTL.

We are taking a day to go to IoA to see Harry Potter during our next vacation. However Disney is not likely to be losing any money on us since we are staying on DVC points and will have the dining plan anyway. We LOVE the HP books and I'm just sad Disney did not do it, but we may in the future take more days for Universal as the kids get older anyway.

When the Wizarding World opens DH and I will add an extra day to the beginning of our trip - solely to check it out - and then spend the rest of the time at Disney. We're not really fans of Universal, but we definitely need to check out Harry Potter!

Have they announced any opening date yet for Harry Potter? My sis wants to go one of the days we are there April 17-24 but we're not sure if it will be open yet....

I'll be doing a couple days at Universal in September but not staying there (I own DVC and will stay at one of the DVC resorts. No, I'm not going to worry about the front of the line access. I think it's possible that Harry Potter attractions won't use it for awhile after they first open - the Rip Ride Rockit didn't.)

I'll use Mears to get there. That allows me to eat at Emerils and Tchoup Chop and get wine pairings. (Another reason I don't do the Disney dining plan)

This past July was the first time our family spent some time offsite. While we don't plan on staying at an offsite resort again, we did like Islands of Adventure and our planning a day our next trip to go, especially for Harry Potter. And there are other parts of IoA we like, too.

The Studios itself stinks though :rolleyes1

We are not HP or US fans in our house. We haven't been to US in years and the last time we went we vowed not to waste our time, energy and money in going anytime soon. HP holds little to no interest for us, so unless we got free passes to check it out we're spending our entire vacation on Disney property for the exception of hitting a few of the outlet stores. A girl's gotta get a new Coach bag!

Our girls are 11 & 4; the older one went when she was about 4 almost 5 and didn't like it then and now that she's gotten older she still hasn't voiced her opinion about going. If you were to ask the little one she'd reply "what's Universal Studios?" Could very well change as they both get older tho and we'll deal with that when it happens.

T.

Have they announced any opening date yet for Harry Potter? My sis wants to go one of the days we are there April 17-24 but we're not sure if it will be open yet....

I have not seen or heard any definate dates. A friend of mine works for dwtickets.com and he usually has the insdie scoop on this stuff. I asked him the other night if any dates had been released but he didn't know. He only knew what I already knew... Spring of 2010. I can't wait to see it!!! If i hear anything I will be sure to post a thread.

We always go to US/IOA when we go down to Orlando. A "Disney" trip for us is never just Disney. My oldest loved US/IOA the last two times at 3.0 and 3.5 years old. And we're headed there again with a 11 month baby, nearly 4 year old and 6.5 year old tomorrow! We don't plan on another trip for 3 more years. The biggest impact Harry Potter had on our plans was that I bought my $99 7 day tickets already for our 2013 trip! I ended up buying them a week before the price increase. (Some $99 tickets are still available but they take more searching). So, we'll have up to 7 days instead of just 2 days for our next trip at US/IOA.

My kids don't know anything about Harry Potter yet, so the only way it's effected our plans had to do with me trying to save money on tickets in anticipation of a price increase. Men In Black was the absolute favorite ride off all the parks - Disney and Universal - for my oldest when he was 3.5.

*We do a split stay when we go - The Dolphin free with our Starwood points and then RPR. I've had luck finding really cheap rates at RPR the last two times. I fear that's going to change due to HP.

Originally, I was planning a trip that would include MNSSHP, Food & Wine and a day or two at HP world this September. However, after much discussion, my DH and I decided all of that will be too much for our little guys (plus F&W won't be going on while we're there) and my DH told me that I should just plan a weekend to go to HP with my sister or a friend. :banana::banana: So I will probably do that in Spring 2011, give it some time to work out the kinks and the crowds to die down a bit. I love Harry Potter and I KNOW it is going to be really tempting to me while we are down there this fall.

we always go over there for a day or two, and sea world and this year discover cove? so we always rent a car and i seem to get such good deals I just rent the whole time. I don't think my DH could handle the buses anyway he has no patiences at all.

We won't head over to US until both the boys are over 54 inches tall and can ride all the rides. It's bad enough going to the local Six Flags and half the rides they want to do they are a couple of inches too short. When we go we will also go to Sea World and a friend always offers us free tixs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter