WDW Fans: Will you go see Harry Potter?

Usually we stick with WDW, but I am considering visiting Universal once Harry Potter opens - it looks so cool!

Hi we are going to go to Harry Potter at Universal in 2011. We will stay on-site there to get all the benefits. We don't rent a car when we go to the world.:)

I shouldn't answer because we normally split our time between WDW and Universal but we might actually spend an extra day at Universal in anticipation of bigger crowds. I don't mind, I'm excited about the new area!

KellyNY... do you know how much the cab is from US/IOA to POP?? Any info would be appriciated!! For the 3 of us it will cost $54.00 round trip each day...Is it better or worse than that?

We did it couple of years ago from CBR (next door to POP). If I remember correctly it was like $25 plus tip each way, so we ended up with around $60. If you call front desk when you are in resort, they will give you number to call and will tell appr. how much(price could change a bit). When we called (I do not remember if it has to be done a day in advance or not, ask Front desk), cab met us at our building, on the way back we just went to cab stop at the parking zone, CMs were getting cabs for people, keping line well organized, we almost did not wait, since there were lots of cabs. Hope it helped a bit.

I'm considering it. This year we are going in the summer rather than taking the kids out of school and we can stay longer. The military tickets are for just 4 days so I'm going to have a couple of days of freedom. I considered SW since we can get in free there as well for the day.....but depending on the budget after all is said and paid off....I might go ahead and go. If not, will for sure next visit and when things might have settled a bit.

regards

Are you kidding me? This is one of the biggest openings of a major story land. To be able to walk through Hogwarts will be really alot of fun.:thumbsup2:cool1:

ETA - Hogwarts castle is already visible from I-4, and it looks great. Very iconic. I doubt that little girls are going to be more excited about it than about Cinderella's castle, but other demographics might be.

I wonder if there's somewhere from where one can see the Castle without being in a moving car. I'll be at WDW next week, and driving past Universal next Sunday morning. I know my wife would love a photo or video of some sort.

We're planning on being there just about a year from now. That should give the opening crowds a chance to cool off a bit. Plus, Universal sees much bigger downswings in the off-season than WDW does.

I am a Disney fan, my HP interest is minimal. If I lived in Central Fla I would check it out, otherwise...it's not for me.:)

we went to Uni last trip. not this coming trip. we will wait till HP is included in the express pass (last trip rip rocket just opened, and no passes yet.
anytime we go to uni, we stay at royal pacific . for the express pass on all the rides. plus, we love walking to everything. we stay 3 nights... then on to WDW!
but we are excited about HP, read all the books.

I'm going, I'm excited! :D I love Harry Potter. I'll probably spend a day there. If I don't make it this trip, then definitely next trip. I just need to find out when it's opening.

Last time we went to Universal it was in September 2007. Then in September 2008, instead of Universal, our 2-3 off site stint was spent going to New York City, in 2009 after hearing HP was going to open in 2010, we decided to wait for Universal until then so that we could a)stay longer b)stay at HRH.

But, now we don't even know if HP is going to be open when we go in late April, most places say Memorial Day for certain, early May most likely but April is a crap shoot. If not, we'll probably not be going to WDW in 2011 :( but DLR instead so we won't get to go until December 2012, our next WDW trip planned after April. Although, if I feel as if I am able bodied by then, I am going to try for Goofy in 2012 so there might be a side trip in January 2012.

Pllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase be open in April! I will buy lots of merchandise, I promise!

I miss Universal.

I love Harry Potter, there's nothing negative I can think of right now to say about it. A few Halloweens I've been various HP characters, I've been Cho twice as I look like her the most and I've been Hermoine.

I REALLLLLLY wish I could go to Universal on July 14, spend the day in WWHP and see the premier of HP-DH1 that night but alas, I too broke to fit in ANOTHER trip across the country.

I am very excited about the opening of HP at IOA. I watched the special features about the new park on the last HP DVD and it looks amazing.

Since I've had no interest in reading the Potter books or seeing the Potter movies, I doubt that the new section of IOA will hold much interest for me.

However there are a lot of fans, so I would imagine for the first year or so, there will be a spike in attendance at IOA as people go to check it out. Whether it will garner return trips from those fans is something we'll have to wait and see.

It's the only thing that could probably get me to go somewhere other than Disney. We had no plans to go see other parks but I can't resist anything to do with Harry Potter. However, I will still do Disney the same time so they won't lure me totally away.

We are doing HP in July. We will stay a night at the resort so we have FOTL pass. FOLP can only be used once a day for HP. That is what is on their website.

Nope. I am a huge Harry Potter fan but won't waste any of my Disney time to go see the attractions for at least a few years, if then. When I'm in the Orlando area is all Disney all the time, that other place doesn't even exist to me.
Wow. I feel bad for you, there's a whole city worth of stuff to discover.

We actually ended up getting an annual pass for Universal to go with our Disney annual as we figured that Universal will probably raise rates after Harry Potter opens.
We went to Universal on our last Disney trip as we were at Disney for 14 days. Found out that the annual pass to Universal was just a little more than 2 of the 2 park/7 day passes and figured that we would go again when we visit Disney after HP opens so it would be to our benefit to get the annual pass - we would probably visit at least once per Disney trip during the year.
Also, we want to go again so that we can see Elliot Dyson (the great sax musician at POFQ) when he performs with the Blues Brothers at Universal.

We will be spending 3 nights at UO in the middle of our WDW Aug vacation. It's been 3 years since we've been there (did visit Univ CA 2 yrs ago, though) and HP is definitely the biggest reason we are going this summer - DNeph is a huge HP fan and DGrD will be watching the movies with him this summer before our trip, I'm sure!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter