WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Thanks all for posting the AP link!! Did they email this out?? Currently in the waiting room!

ETA: Got my AK day for 7/9!! The incognito trick like for the Park Passes worked while Chrome was still sitting in the waiting room!

Last edited:

Noticed annual passholder registration for July 9 and 10 are now full according to the update on Jackie Dailey's article

Word from Batuu on operational changes
Both MFSR and RotR will only take one party per pod/vehicle. The entire RotR attraction will be done (no spoilers) so no jumping any element, MFSR they are going to decide if to leave the pre show running while people walk through, so no stopping in that room
Face shields are required for almost every position now, CM have to be strict on enforcement with guests, examples of people on the spectrum or any other disability will be required to wear a mask or asked to leave , were given in the training this morning
There will be a relaxation zone (masks off) at SWGE, it is said to oh=hold about 80 people, she's about to walk the land so she'll tell me where this zone will be.
Most casts that their costume required a hat are now told not to wear it because of the face shield plus mask, might be too uncomfortable, so no officer hats at RotR
There will be a safety spiel playing through out the park reminding people to wear mask and wash hands
You can still take pics in the Falcon loading area but with masks on

One party at a time? OOF. I see long waits for those in my future.... it'll be worth it! Honestly though I'd imagine shorter waits for most other things? I know they wont be loading rides the same, but with much smaller crowds I would imagine the waits would at least be a little shorter for most rides, even with reduced ride capacity.

Another site just posted 2 min ago that Oga’s Has been removed from the reopening list. Not sure where they got the info.

Word from Batuu on operational changes
Both MFSR and RotR will only take one party per pod/vehicle. The entire RotR attraction will be done (no spoilers) so no jumping any element, MFSR they are going to decide if to leave the pre show running while people walk through, so no stopping in that room
Face shields are required for almost every position now, CM have to be strict on enforcement with guests, examples of people on the spectrum or any other disability will be required to wear a mask or asked to leave , were given in the training this morning
There will be a relaxation zone (masks off) at SWGE, it is said to oh=hold about 80 people, she's about to walk the land so she'll tell me where this zone will be.
Most casts that their costume required a hat are now told not to wear it because of the face shield plus mask, might be too uncomfortable, so no officer hats at RotR
There will be a safety spiel playing through out the park reminding people to wear mask and wash hands
You can still take pics in the Falcon loading area but with masks on
So as a solo rider, I know th MF is out, what about RotR?

That’s true, but for some people the feel of the crowds is an important factor. Lots of people like to walk around and take in the atmosphere, and that’s hard with wall to wall people.

Last trip we hopped to EPCOT one night that unexpectedly turned out to be a 10/10 crowd. We were able to duck into the Land and I refreshed to get FP for Soarin’ three times in a row. Using refresh, I got SE and mission space, and we used the end of the night to ride TT. In terms of getting rides my kids like, we were successful. In terms of enjoying the park, not as much. The crowds were overwhelming, and I felt almost claustrophobic on the paths.
I agree. I'm one of those "people like to walk around and take in the atmosphere". My first few visits to WDW were in the late 80s and always during the slow season, when crowds were so low. Over the decades, I've slowly seen *that* WDW disappear for me and it makes me sad. One thing I've learned to do when parks get busy is to tilt my head up and, as much as safely possible, keep my focus above the heads of the crowds. This does several things: My brain registers the crowd to a lesser degree because my eyes aren't seeing them. So it doesn't *feel* as crowded. Does that makes sense? Also I have noticed many delightful theming aspects that are up at the level above the crowd's heads. Additionally at the end of the day I feel less tired and less sensory overloaded, less headachy (I'm prone). And I know what you're thinking but I haven't yet slammed into a person or a pole or trashcan......YET! :hyper: I periodically glance down, + my teen DD will sometimes grab my arm and pull me out of harms way.
At any rate, I am one who also is looking forward to the lower crowds for our Sept trip. I wonder if it will bring back to mind those late 80s trips? The lack of parades, etc is a fair trade (for one trip anyway) just to relive the past, in a sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter