WDW 50th Anniversary LGBTQ Gathering?

pirate33

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
There is a general thread on this but I would love to know about LGBT folks going for this event. I made reservations long ago but was not entirely sure I would go but now I am sure. Just booked my plane tickets and will be there about a week.

It would be kind of awesome to have some kind of a meet up but I’m not quite sure how to arrange that or where. Maybe Oct. 2 or 3 at the Wave???

For me, when I was a kid in LA who loved going to Disneyland I always dreamed of going to WDW to see the hotel the monorail goes through. Well now I own at Bay Lake Tower and get to enjoy the view of the Contemporary from BLT all the time. So being at the 50th will be kind of a full-circle thing for me. Ironically I think I would have been a little disappointed in 1971 when there was only Magic Kingdom which included only a subset of Disneyland rides; I first went to WDW about 15 years ago for my 40th birthday and loved the size and scope of the place as it existed then and of course now.

Last edited:
I'll be there for a few days before and after October 1st. I was there for the 40th and it was SO busy.

We are going the week after and staying at the Polynesian. Looking forward to the events, but definitely decided to avoid going on the 1st.

Made the terrible decision to head to Disney Sept 30 - Oct 3..... Solo traveler here so a meet-up would be fun.

I'll be at Universal Sept. 28-Oct. 3. My focus is really Halloween Horror Nights, but I'm considering popping over to Disney at some point. Will keep an eye on this thread. :)

Sept 27- Oct 3 avoiding parks on 10/1 for my own sanity :joker:
Partner and I would be interested if anything gets put together :thumbsup2

Regrettably, due to the Delta variant and the particularly bad circumstances in Orlando, I have decided I have to cancel the plans I made so carefully almost a year ago to attend the 50th. So I can't be the organizer of this event! I am seriously bummed out.

Regrettably, due to the Delta variant and the particularly bad circumstances in Orlando, I have decided I have to cancel the plans I made so carefully almost a year ago to attend the 50th. So I can't be the organizer of this event! I am seriously bummed out.
I'm still on the fence....was hoping things would get a bit better but it's definitely getting worse....I'm usually a solo traveler to WDW so it would be nice to meet some new Disney friends :-)

Well, we didn't want to attend the 50th, after being there on the day of the 40th, and enduring the mayhem. We are currently booked for Oct. 28 - Nov. 6th, but with the variant, we are waffling on our plans. We always book for Halloween at WDW. And we usually book the first week of Oct. for DL (since it encompasses Gay Days at DL).

I guess we'll make a final determination after the first of the month. Watching the numbers closely.

I will be there with another die hard Disney friend arriving Sept 30 and going to Epcot in the afternoon/evening, staying at AllStar Music, then MK on 10/1, and back home on 10/2. Granted I’ll coming back for 9 days 10/30 - 11/7 with the same friend as well as a family member of mine who has never been to Disney before.

Where are you going on the 30th? I just got an annual pass. I’m in town from the 18th and leave on the 1st.
Just got my AP back as well, planning on going to the studios in the AM...also extended my trip on the front end, so arriving on the 28th :-) Want to see Epcot Forever and Happily Ever After "one more time".

I'm still on the fence....was hoping things would get a bit better but it's definitely getting worse....I'm usually a solo traveler to WDW so it would be nice to meet some new Disney friends :-)

What are your plans for 10/1? I will be doing a solo day trip to MK if you're interested in meeting up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter