WBRepo-Ship of Thieves-Remember the Magic Pt 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will you have any reciped drinks? That can also be fun.
:dance3:

No, it's just wine.

I'm actually so busy that I don't have time to talk to anyone until we sit down for dinner.

It's a bit odd, on one hand it is so utterly over-planned, yet on the day it is so slap dash and casual.

HI FROM SPAIN!!

Just a quick note to tell you guys that I´m alive & well and in Madrid. Have been thinking of you lots & on a crappy computer so plz excuse any errors.

Ian ¬ lots of Smart cars, but none as pretty as Mrs F. :goodvibes

Will check in hopefully later tonight (it´s 540pm now) or tomorrow.

LOVE TO ALL!!

BTW are all the CA people ok? Heard about the fires.

The menu has been planned, and the shopping list created.

I used the new and enhanced "Mac Gourmet" which has really gotten better. It actually took me much less time to do the planning and the shopping list than it has in years past.

So, without further ado, the menu:

Thanksgiving 2008
Eastwood Manor

Appetizer

Selection of Cheese and Wine
Salmon Mousse

web.jpg

Main Course

Heritage Turkey with Minced Herb Gravy
and New England Sausage, Apple and Dried Cranberry Stuffing

Potato Gratin with Gruyere and Creme Fraiche

Brussels Sprouts with Cream, Garlic, Pecans and Basil

Bourbon Candied Sweet Potatoes

Roasted Root Vegetables with Apple Cider

Mashed Potatoes with Sage and White Cheddar Cheese

web.jpg

Dessert

Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce

I used the new and enhanced "Mac Gourmet" which has really gotten better. It actually took me much less time to do the planning and the shopping list than it has in years past.

Thanksgiving 2008
Eastwood Manor

Appetizer

Salmon Mousse

web.jpg

Main Course

web.jpg

Dessert

Ok, I am changing our flights to go a few days earlier - via Chicago!!!:banana: Looks a fantastic menu!!

Hello everybody!

Deborah - have a great time! and enjoy your earrings!

Deb - your tiara headband looks great

Ian - your menu looks great! Sounds like you are busy getting everything organized and are loving it :)

Hi Marilyn!
Is there no fall harvest holiday in UK?

Okay I must go get ready for swimming lessons. Have a great day everybody!

Hello everyone. I made it through the night. You know you're old when you wake up on a Saturday at 8:00 am. I remember when I could sleep all day and never have to go to the bathroom. Now I go five times in the night and I have a 6 year old asking me why I didn't make the cinnamon rolls last night.

Holly, this is not an attempt to get another gift in the mail :lmao:

Thanksgiving 2008
Eastwood Manor

Appetizer

Salmon Mousse

web.jpg

Main Course

web.jpg

Dessert

Everything sounds great except the Brussels sprouts. And I thought it would say wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine.......

Ok, I am changing our flights to go a few days earlier - via Chicago!!!:banana: Looks a fantastic menu!!

You wouldn't be the only British people there (aside from Sukie). Our friend Martin from Cambridge has been flying over for Thanksgiving dinner for at least the past 15 years.

Hi Marilyn!
Is there no fall harvest holiday in UK?

Okay I must go get ready for swimming lessons. Have a great day everybody!

Well the real country farming folk and Churches still celebrate Harvest Festival, but it is getting less and less celebrated. I think some places still have harvest suppers, but that will be back in late September. There is certainly no holiday.

If you can do that, you can come here ;)

Not quite as easy I'm afraid. Really it is a completely different vacation for us to go to the west coast - apart from a PC cruise that is!!!

I would love a visit however. I could say though - if you can go to Cabo you can go to WDW!!!(When we are there of course!):lmao:

You wouldn't be the only British people there (aside from Sukie). Our friend Martin from Cambridge has been flying over for Thanksgiving dinner for at least the past 15 years.

Well, looking at the great spread you provide plus the fun company I am not surprised!

We're having another cold, wet and dreary day again today. I don't think we have seen the sun for a week and I'm getting SO tired of it. I don't care if it gets cold, after all it is getting towards winter, but I want SUN!

I hope the sun is out tomorrow. I don't want to get all dressed up in the rain. That will be aweful. Especially cold rain and wind. YUCK!

Hi Kelly! I'm SO sorry to hear about your loss of all your hard work. It's just not fair. Sorry that it happened to you. Glad you and Zoe got to go to DL for the festivities though. I will look for you on TV when the event airs.

Monica, great to hear from you in Spain. I'm sure you're having the time of your life. Enjoy and can't wait to hear the stories and see the pics.

Good Morning Gaylean, Shannon and Woody and Good Afternoon Marilyn. Hope you're each having a great day.

sorry to have been MIA. I got myself caught up in playing POC online :sad2:

I'm back and reading on page 227, answers forth with....

Hope everyone is doing well this weekend :flower3:

I REALLY REALLY want to do this. I would love to get as many people together that we can from our PC cruise. I checked out the prices for air and hotel for Feb 09 and it was very reasonable. Then I looked at John's available vacation time and my budget today and it's impossible for me to do in Feb. So now I'm thinking of doing it later....Sept, Oct, Nov. timeframe. I still have to check those prices out, but I think it'll be ok. I'm going to need the time to save up John's vacation and the money. We cruise again in Sept 09 and I'm thinking of adding it on to that or doing it a little later.

What does everyone else think. Marilyn, could you add a plane ride and hotel to your Sept 09 cruise?

Jackie, Cheri, Shannon, Michelle, Monica, Ian, Deborah, Holly......what do all of you think? Would you be able to get away to CA at that time of 09? Naturally, all the West coasters would try to make it too. You all know who you are.....so do we!:lmao: :lmao:

Champagne and DL will be involved.....rum for Nan!:rotfl: :rotfl:

thanks for the rum :flower3: and there is a Dland plan in the works already for Feb 09. Kaylee and family are going the week of the 20th (???) that is our winter break and Wilson's bday is the 24th, so there is a good chance we just might be there then any interest in those dates :idea:

There you go, maybe we should try to do DL on Jackie's birthday. Can anyone else get there during this time next year? I mean the out of towners not the west coasters.

when is it?

Wow you'll be right up the street from us. And the other weird thing is that Brooke and Ethan's school is playing that same movie tonight. Spooky.

ya it's a national PTA thing. Turns out Wilson didn't go. I wish we had sometime to visit/play next weekend but it will be down see family and drive back home. It's 12+ hours round trip, so a bit of time in the car :sad2:

:scared1: :confused: your cousin, daughter and granddaughter? I read this and figured you must have had batch one of kids when you were ridiculously young, and I thought it was surprising that you've never mentioned your granddaughter before. Then it dawned on me that you mean your cousin's daughter and granddaughter. Yes everybody, sometimes I'm a little dense.

Good luck with your lawsuit! That tenant was an idiot and I hope this ends up costing him a bunch. Frivilous, ridiculous lawsuits are such a waste of everybody's time and money.

sorry I was a lazy typer in outlining the proper family relationships...no grandbabies for me...yet ;)

and thanks for the luck, I'm sure I'll be blowing steam around the date 11/25 and asking for specific prayers :thumbsup2

Okay its time to pack up at work and go get my girls. I'll have to check on line later and see if anybody is here. I'm on my own tonight, and think I really need to have a nice rum & coke (or 2 :rolleyes1 )

sounds nice. Are the girls feeling better???

True about the winter clothes. We don't even have big coats. I meant long pants and short sleeves rather than shorts and tank tops ;)

ha :laughing: Molly just had me order her some long sleeve shirts too. She had only school uniform long sleeves, needed some of the other time of day :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter