WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

Lexa said:
ROAMING MICKEY

What is Roaming Mickey? It's a big magnet with Roaming Mickey and Ports of call on it, with short instruction and plenty of room for you to sign it.

What I need to do? It's quite simple. We will start the Roam by placing the Roaming Mickey magnet on someone's door. With a magnet will be a list of participating staterooms and pens. You need to sign the magnet, cross over your stateroom # and put it on someone else's door who has not signed it yet. At the end of the cruise the last person will return it to the door of the room number printed on the magnet. If I get it back by the end of the cruise I'll take a picture and share it with you once we get home so you can see where Roaming Mickey was and print it out.

If you want to be a part of it please let me know by sending a message here on DIS (Lexa) or FB with your stateroom #. If you don't have # yet, please still send a message so I'll know how many rooms we have.

Sounds like fun to me.
GoinPlaces63

I've been following for a while now. DH and I will be joining you all as well. I recognize some names from previous cruises. This will be our 12th cruise with DCL, but 1st PC. I know DH has joined the fb page, but neither of us are very active in posting. We are looking forward to a nice relaxing cruise, but would be nice to meet some of you to make the cruise that much more fun! We will be traveling with my parents, and DH will be just 2.5 months post knee replacement. So probably a more relaxing cruise than some of our previous. I'll be reading along, looks like a great group!

WestCoastNovaks said:
Pajamas.... um.... I don't think I could participate. :rotfl:

I have pajamas for events that require it, like Christmas morning, or Triton's. Otherwise... yeah. ;)

I've been following for a while now. DH and I will be joining you all as well. I recognize some names from previous cruises. This will be our 12th cruise with DCL, but 1st PC. I know DH has joined the fb page, but neither of us are very active in posting. We are looking forward to a nice relaxing cruise, but would be nice to meet some of you to make the cruise that much more fun! We will be traveling with my parents, and DH will be just 2.5 months post knee replacement. So probably a more relaxing cruise than some of our previous. I'll be reading along, looks like a great group!

Our DH's can compare scars. :lmao: DH is post op 2 weeks from his total knee. He has done very well . He''s going back to work on Mon. :cool1:

Count us in for the PJ breakfast and the champaign girls. Well not sure if I can get my grandma to wear pink or Mickey pjs but mom and me r in for both.

Our DH's can compare scars. :lmao: DH is post op 2 weeks from his total knee. He has done very well . He''s going back to work on Mon. :cool1:

Wow, great to hear he is doing that well! DH works from home here, so he is hoping to be able to get on his computer 7-10 days post. And I guess I will have to help him out. He just helped me through my back surgery last August. I'm sure they will enjoy sharing horror stories!

Welcome aboard :)

Thank you for setting up this new thread. Here we are from 2010 WBTA

P9180005.jpg

Welcome to all the new DISers who have joined this cruise.

I am working on getting down to cruising weight, which means I have 14 pounds to lose by May 4.

I also posted this on Facebook, just repeating here on the DIS:

For our game night(s), it has been asked if everyone interested can bring a game, to ease the luggage load for everybody.

Now, all of my games are in German language, and most of them somehow include written words, or rely on an understanding of German in some other way. I have come up with two, though, that can be played without using any German (except for me, of course ;)):

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15818/pickomino
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/32341/kakerlakensalat

Any preferences among these two, anybody?

Would it be a good idea to list the participants for each event in our 1st or 2nd post (DIS nicknames only)? That way everyone would know whether he has already notified us to join, and have an overview on how many are participating.

Or would those of you organizing an event rather handle the name lists yourselves and not see them posted on this thread?

annichan said:
I also posted this on Facebook, just repeating here on the DIS:

For our game night(s), it has been asked if everyone interested can bring a game, to ease the luggage load for everybody.

Now, all of my games are in German language, and most of them somehow include written words, or rely on an understanding of German in some other way. I have come up with two, though, that can be played without using any German (except for me, of course ;)):

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15818/pickomino
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/32341/kakerlakensalat

Any preferences among these two, anybody?

Kakerlakensalat sounds absolutely hilarious! By the way, my husband and mother are fluent German speakers and I'm passable! My Dad is fluent Italian... What fun.

I must have missed the board game post... Details?

I must have missed the board game post... Details?[/QUOTE]

Found it... I see that details are not yet available!

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Would it be a good idea to list the participants for each event in our 1st or 2nd post (DIS nicknames only)? That way everyone would know whether he has already notified us to join, and have an overview on how many are participating. . . .

That certainly is the advantage of the DIS. You can list the participants without having their 'real names' out there for public v iew!

Nippy in Florida right now - Sunny, but chilly.

Nothing compared to the -2 it is back home.

Welcome Aboard, DVCTigger!:cheer2:

Happy Day, Everyone!

Well it's raining here in L.A. right now. I thought I heard somewhere it never rains here. Ha ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Kakerlakensalat sounds absolutely hilarious! By the way, my husband and mother are fluent German speakers and I'm passable! My Dad is fluent Italian... What fun.

I must have missed the board game post... Details?

Yes, well, the only new detail on FB about the board games was that everyone was encouraged to pack a game.

And yes, "Kakerlakensalat" (aka "roach salad") IS a hilarious game - we have been having lots of fun with it, even though I realize it'll be a huge extra challenge for me to play it in English. Bringing that would be my preference too (unless I get more positive feedback for the other one, of course ...)

Would it be a good idea to list the participants for each event in our 1st or 2nd post (DIS nicknames only)? That way everyone would know whether he has already notified us to join, and have an overview on how many are participating.

Or would those of you organizing an event rather handle the name lists yourselves and not see them posted on this thread?

Could you post a google doc or excel sheet where people could just add themselves? Dis name, number of people(adult/child)

Oh, and a chilly -10 here this morning! DS's brave teachers will still bundle everyone up and start the day on the playground, glad it's not me:rotfl:

My Mom did the Disney Scavenger Hunt on the Disney Wonder for Hawaii and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if anyone has a copy, but very entertaining when you have TONS of sea days and time on your hands to roam around the ship!

Wow, great to hear he is doing that well! DH works from home here, so he is hoping to be able to get on his computer 7-10 days post. And I guess I will have to help him out. He just helped me through my back surgery last August. I'm sure they will enjoy sharing horror stories!

He had the surgery on 01/08 came home on 01/10. They had him up walking the hall within a hour of getting back to his room after surgery. He came home on crutches. Started PT right away, 3x a week. Within a week he was on one crutch and is now using a cane, when I remind him. :rolleyes2

He was hoping to go back to work this week but the Doc, told him to slow down. He says he will try half days, but knowing him that will only last a few days. Fortunately he has a desk job.

Ask your Ortho about this product. https://www.djoglobal.com/products/donjoy/iceman-classic
After PT and for pain control in general it is great! My dad's ortho prescribes it, so we borowed his.

Our WBTA 2010 had tons of activities! The whole first page of the thread listed all the things going on:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2546512&highlight=wbta+2010

I really like how you had all those different tasting seminars set up privately for you DISboarders. Does anybody know how those were organized with DCL, and if that is still possible?

DH and I would be interested in joining a couple of those, and in case the communication with DCL to organize this could be done via email, I could also try and coordinate it if there are enough people here interested. (Transatlantic phone costs are a bit too high, thus my email requirement ...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter