Wayfair....yay or nay?

Pembo

OH-IO
I want to hear your good and bad experiences with Wayfair. We are looking to get a desk and bookcase. Prices are low so I'm assuming the quality will match. Don't want to spend a fortune so Wayfair is an option. I'm just anxious about buying online....

We've had good luck. It's not the highest quality stuff, but reasonably solid and good pricing. Shipping was easy too.

Cheapy stuff. Have to assemble. Got DS a platform bed in 2015 and it fell apart by 2018. Got myself a patio glider bench in 2017 and it's still in use but the screws all loosen all the time and it's wobbly to move. It won't last long either.

I ordered a "chaise" style chair from Wayfair about 6 months ago. It wasn't cheap (around $650) but it was the only place that had the exact side that I needed. It was one of their customizable options so I got to pick my fabric. It all went really well and Wayfair shipped the item sooner than promised. The chair is made in the USA by a company in North Carolina, although they don't tell you that on the website.

Alternatively, I ordered a very small desk for my home office. It was only $99 and it's exactly as expected--cheap.

Oh, and yes, I ordered a wool rug from them that's extremely nice.

Wayfair and Overstock are basically the same inventory, so check both for the item you're looking for. It may be cheaper on one than the other.

**and in creepy news, a Wayfair commercial just came on tv as I am typing this**

Quality is going to depend on what you choose to order. We ended up using Overstock b/c of pricing - Two years ago I needed to replace my every day dining table (as opposed to the one in the actual dining room that is never used, LOL). We got an amazing deal on a big table and six chairs, we're talking less than $1000 for all of it - and it's holding up and still looks great! We aren't precious with it, and don't feel guilty if it gets scratched or damaged (I coach Odyssey of the Mind, and it's had glitter, glue, hot glue, paint, etc all over it at some point or another - it has survived it all except for one tiny spot where hot glue damaged the finish on the top).

Our coffee table also came from Overstock and it's beautiful, sturdy, and perfect. The only thing I've ordered from there that I have any complaints about are the little side cabinets I wanted for each side of our living room fireplace. One is a little wobbly, and they aren't as high quality as the dining table and coffee table.

Hit or miss but worth a try! Good luck!!

I just made my first order from them (a blanket for DS’s dorm) yesterday, so I will know soon. So far, I like them - original shipping estimate was Friday, and the confirmation e-mail now says earlier. 😃

Last edited:
Got a metal loft bed/desk from there, SO sturdy! Ds passed it down to ds16 when he was a senior in HS, 6’ and 200 pounds.

We purchased an upholstered day bed with trundle for my daughter's room in 2016 and haven't had any issues. It is much nicer than I was expecting and still looks new.

I bought my couch from them for less than $400 + free shipping. They were one of the few places that had the style of furniture I like plus assembling my furniture doesn't bother me, it's not that difficult. So far I love it.

I have only ordered once from wayfair. The pieces I ordered were good quality. When they arrived damaged, Wayfair was excellent in getting them replaced. I would order from them again.

Wayfair and Overstock are basically the same inventory, so check both for the item you're looking for. It may be cheaper on one than the other.

I agree. Have ordered from both of them are find they are very reliable and reputable. Never had any issues with the items I have ordered. They are basically online warehouses of items you can find on many sites. For bigger ticket items, take the time to search around since you will likely find the same item on multiple sites and one may be cheaper or have free shipping/etc.

I've ordered a light fixture for my kitchen, a table lamp for the living room and a tv wall mount entertainment center. Very happy with all purchases.

We've ordered several times from Wayfair. Items came on time, and once, when I had to call customer service, they were very helpful. I'd definitely use them again without hesitation.

I've ordered bedding and have been very happy with my purchase. My sister had a small entry table that arrived damaged and they immediately sent a replacement piece.

Four years ago, I ordered my son's crib from them. It was a name brand (Da Vinci) and it cost less than $200, far less than other sites/stores that sold the same crib, plus it included the toddler bed conversion kit and it was free to ship. It arrived earlier than estimated, completely damage free. We were VERY pleased!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter