~Way Back When....How Was YOUR Prom?~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
hum, mine was 25 yrs ago...does not seem possible!

Did you go to a party after? Did you stay out all nite?
-Do tell!!!! princess:

Hmmm...

When I went to prom I was in Japan. We went to a club in Shinjuku. It was great! Stayed out all night...danced til dawn! Then rode the train back to Yokota Air Base. Those were fun times. :banana:

I won't devuldge any of the details to protect the innocent! My prom was 19 years ago, I went with DH... I wore a pink & white vertical striped Gunne Sax dress - I looked like a strawberry sundae.. DH wore a white tux with a pink bow tie & cumberbund - he looked like the soda fountain 'jerk' that served me! We had our prom at a fancy hotel (Hotel Dupont) & then the 'after party' at our high school gym... I got home around 4am... we packed & went camping at the beach with a bunch of others - it's now referred to as the "Lost Weekend"!!

I didn't go to my prom :guilty: I had a boyfriend that found dirt roads and beer more intriguing. :rolleyes:

I went to prom, but we didn't stay. We drove around for hours, decided to finally go, stayed only long enough to have our picture taken, danced 1 song, then left. We had more fun driving around then we did at the prom. My date went to a different school than I did & didn't know anyone, and felt kind of uncomfortable. So I told him "Let's just get out of here!"

Went to prom on crutches, decorated in Lavendar and White ribbons to match my white Gunne Sax dress. Stayed out all night and went to the beach, went into said ocean and ended up with a horrible cold. Knowing what I know now as an adult :rotfl2: , I probably had pneumonia! I don't remember much but I do remember shivering for hours and hours after, even into the next afternoon back at a friends house sitting and talking.

Prom was okay, it wasn't that big of a deal to me. I think my mom and aunt wanted me to go more than I did. My school had an After Prom party at the school gym. The Prom itself was held at the Hotel du Pont. It was held on a Thursday night, usually the first one in May. Most seniors didn't go to school the following Friday, and instead made it a 3 day weekend to the beach or various amusement parks. Mom made my dress, it was wine and ivory off the shoulder.

my jr prom was horrible--then again, just went with a group of friends, no date, so that could have been it--
didnt go to sr prom--had way more fun doing dinner and amovie!!

My prom was only two years ago.

I wore a poofy pink princess dress, it was my 4th prom/jr prom. I didn't have a poofy dress for the other 3, so for my prom I wanted one more than anything.

Looking back I would have gone with something more elegant, but my friends today assure me that the dress was so me, they couldn't imagine me wearing anything else.

We took an escalade stretch limo that required a reservation months in advance. Prom planning = torture. I'm glad that's over with.

It was held at some country club for my year with a "cocktail" hour outside. It was at least 90 degrees outside and I started our own cocktail hour in the limo beforehand, so needless to say I was sweating.

My bf's prom was held at Terrace on the Park.

We partied the nights before and afterwards in a rented house in the Hamptons. I think there were about 20 of us in the house, but it had a good number of bedrooms and a finished basement.

I had more fun at prom the year before with my boyfriend. Same thing pretty much, hamptons house (quite common for us island kids, though it gets me some shocked looks in college).

Mandabella said:
After Prom party at the school gym. The Prom itself was held at the Hotel du Pont. It was held on a Thursday night, usually the first one in May. Most seniors didn't go to school the following Friday, and instead made it a 3 day weekend to the beach or various amusement parks.

drgnfly30 said:
We had our prom at a fancy hotel (Hotel Dupont) & then the 'after party' at our high school gym... I got home around 4am... we packed & went camping at the beach with a bunch of others - it's now referred to as the "Lost Weekend"!!
What coincidence Mandabella!! What High School did you go to??? I went to Concord class of '86

We went to dh's senior prom and mine the year after. First year I wore an emerald green floor lenght dress with a silver design on it and the second year wore a knee legnth purple strapless dress. Dh and I went long enough to hang out with friends, get pictures made and then left. The rest of the evenings I'd like to keep under lock and key or my parents would ground me to this day.

drgnfly30 said:
What coincidence Mandabella!! What High School did you go to??? I went to Concord class of '86

William Penn class of 1994

Heh...I didn't even read the thread before I posted. :flower:

I don't remember much about my prom. It was 25 years ago.

What I do remember is that I went with the guy I dated most of high school. I had broken up with him a couple months before prom and didn't want to go. Somehow I ended up going anyway. I know we spent the next day with another couple who were obviously still a couple. We were not. I couldn't wait to get home. I think that's probably why I blocked out most everything about it. :confused3

17 years ago: little black dress from Lord and Taylor in the Galleria (Houston) in a size 2 (Good Lord that makes me sick now), expensive black hose with crystals up the back of the leg, black evening gloves.

Went to my hairdresser that day and had most of my hair cut off. Went from down my back to short, short short. Everyone thought I had it put up, until I turned around.

Boyfriend of two years was much older and not "into" prom so I went with a friend and we has a blast. Then headed to Galveston for an all night party on the beach.

Fun memories!

Mandabella said:
William Penn class of 1994
Heh...I didn't even read the thread before I posted. :flower:
Ahhh your a bit younger than me! My friends son when to William Penn... would have graduated in about '98 though! Small world!!

Mine was 16 years ago. It was kinda boring. I wasn't the prom-type. I went so a friend of mine and her mom would stop driving me crazy about not wanting to go.:p It was an ok time, but not something I'd want to do again.:teeth:

16 years ago. Went with my now DH. Wore a pink dress. After the prom I spent the night at a friends house (along with 2 other friends) and the next morning we all went to Cedar Point.

Okay now I'm feeling really old-my prom 1976- Baby blue quiana (a lovely 70's totally man made fiber!!)dress, date had baby blue tux (gag) :groom: He was just a friend bcuz my BF graduated early so it was a bummer-okay but nothing great. My DD (18) is tommorrow, planning for hers has been way more fun tha I remember mine being. But then again she's a princess:

cgcw said:
I don't remember much about my prom. It was 25 years ago.

What I do remember is that I went with the guy I dated most of high school. I had broken up with him a couple months before prom and didn't want to go. Somehow I ended up going anyway. I know we spent the next day with another couple who were obviously still a couple. We were not. I couldn't wait to get home. I think that's probably why I blocked out most everything about it. :confused3
OMG!! samething happened to me! thou he was my first love...he was a pot smoking beer drinking blonde hair blue eyed cutie!~ but the last placed I wanted to be was with him! we all went to the prom, I remeber getting my pictures then having fruit cocktail...then we left, I woke up the next morning...not to happy!! ;)

My prom was in May of 1981. My mom wrote a note so I could get out of school after 2nd period because I couldn't officially "skip" on senior skip day, as our goverment teacher had scheduled a test, and it didn't matter what excuse we had, if we didn't show we would get a zero... and of course, goverment was a required class for our senior year.

My boyfriend was away at college, so he left around noon to drive the 4 hours home to take me, but had to be back by noon the next day, which kind of put a bit of a crimp in our after prom plans.

I wore a long spaghetti strap gown with layers of fine lace on the bodice and a straight long taffata skirt with an overlay of some sheer fabric. It was high waisted and had a pink ribbon at the high waist with a gardenia where the 2 ends of the ribbons met before streaming down the front. It was very "50's" Vintage inspired. I had my hair curled and pulled over to one side. My boyfriend wore a white tux with one of those frilly front shirts (yes, that was the style then. My flowers were a nosegay of different colored pink flowers, and my boyfriends boutineire was a single pink rose.

We ate at some pretty nice restaurant, the name of which escapes me. My boyfriends mom let him borrow her pale yellow Cadillac for the night. Prom, itself was OK.... nothing to really write home about. The DJ was fine, it was a bit chilly, so even though the hotel was on the beach, we couldn't enjoy walking out there, and there was construction going on anyway. I do remember someone stepped on my skirt in their spiked heel and put a hole in the skirt of my dress, which didn't please me at all.

After prom, we went to one party at a friend's house, and then back to my boyfriend's parents house for early breakfast and a few hours sleep before he had to get up to go back to school.

Overall, I enjoyed wearing the nice gown, but if I had to do it all over again, I would choose to do the musical I turned down (West Side Story) instead of going to prom. I am sure my boyfriend would have liked it a whole lot better, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter