Waterfall at Poly fixed yet?

MTMom

Disney Addict
Just wondering if they've completed the maintenance/repairs on the waterfall in the GCH and removed the tarp? We will be checking in a week and were really hoping that everything would be finished. Last year we stayed at the Poly and the main pool was under construction and many parts of the hotel were off-limits, and there was lots of construction noise. Even so, we loved the hotel and are going back, as you can see.

The family and I were just there this am(2/13/02). They still had the tarps over the waterfall inside and the ponds were drained outside. Looks like they still had a lot to do, but you never know. The place was jammed and O'hana's was hopping with all the kids for the character breakfast. Hope this helps.

We just returned from 8 wonderful nights at the Polynesian on 2/9/02. THe tarps were still on the waterfall. The new pool is great and the kids thought it was fantastic. The resort is beautiful and you won't be sorry you are there.

Just spoke with a Poly CM - Re-building the waterfall - Early May completion (estimated).

I realize this is a long shot, but I followed the construction of the fountain and new pool so closely that I just can't help but wonder what is causing them to rebuild it. I was there the week it opened, and it looked great. Anyone know?

Thanks,
J.-

It is not so much being rebuilt as they are redoing the mechanics of all the inner workings and cleaning it up. It has been going for many years and needed some attention other than the weekly work they do on it all the time.

Steve

I think the earlier posters were referring to the fountains out front and the lobby fountain and pond inside by the lobby. I might be wrong but I do not recall them working on these while they were putting in the new volcano pool. I just hope it is all put back together when we next visit in Dec. of this year!!...smjj

I thought we were all referring to the new spring out back that appears to run into the pool. I can see how a major overhaul of the fountain in front might require such a long "down" time. Thanks smjj and tikiman for clearing that up.

J.-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter